Things you adore and appreciate

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Things you adore and appreciate

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Personally, Shinichiro Miki's voice acting (Zamasu's VA) was superb, seriously. This became clear particularily towards the end of the Future Trunks' arc. When Zamasu was both mentally and physically falling apart, you could actually hear the crack and sheer amount of desperation and madness in his voice. I get chills whenever i recall his twisted laughter in Episode 67. In addition, i appreciated how Toriyama tried to step away from the usual type of villain in Dragon Ball with the introduction of Zamasu, an antagonist who thought his actions were for the better good of the Universe and truly believed in his ideals of justice, which is why he's my favourite character.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:04 pm

So I just watched Z episode 288 (or as I prefer to call it, Dragon Ball episode 441) for probably the second time ever, and ... I don't remember appreciating it much as a kid, but now I love it beyond words. Seeing everyone come together at that party genuinely made me feel like I was at a family gathering. When Kuririn arrived, for example, it felt like "Hey, there's my uncle!"

I just love these characters so damn much.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:35 am

Everyone on this website. I don’t post often, but from what I’ve seen, you all seem to care for each other, unlike so many other forums and websites, where MOST people act so rude, and are not understanding of each other’s differences, personal tastes etc.
Big Green: And you say you're the prince of the Space Warriors.
Vejituh: Oh Big Green, face reali-TY!

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:55 pm

There are few things i absolutely love:

-Every family and friends moments like parties
-Villains becoming friends (although i like it better in MLP lol)
-Every Pan and Giru moment
-Videl for who she was, especially after tournament
-Buu saga bringing back comedy and making DB fun to watch again
-Goku becoming a kid again in GT
-Great Saiyaman being so silly and stupid that i love him
-Every moment of Goku actually trying to be a good father and husband
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:50 pm

I love and have always loved the idea of Vegetto just being completely overpowered, from a philosophical standpoint. Something about the irony of Goku and Vegeta's fusion being on a whole different level from what any other pairing is capable of, despite the fact that they are the only two who actually hate fusing with each other and never want to do it.

Like, Goten and Trunks, and Caulifla and Kale, could always seem a little too eager to fuse... the creepy lesbian memes about Caulifla and Kale say it all, but Goten and Trunks were just as uncomfortably intimate. And don't even get me started on Black and Zamasu, they were literally the same person fusing with himself. Two positives do not attract, so the fact that both partners want to fuse, the fact that it is easy for them, the fact that they are so ready and willing to sacrifice their individuality, which is a bad thing, actually makes the fusion less potent.

Goku and Vegeta are the only ones who realize fusion is disgusting, cheating, creepy, dishonorable, etc. That's just in general; fusing with EACH OTHER of all people is on a whole different level. Yet opposites attract. So when the two strongest guys, who are utter opposites, decide to set aside their differences, set aside their very identities and individual existences, and join together for a common cause, in the most literal way possible, creates a synergy that exponentially boosts the potency of the fusion. It makes it a "perfect" fusion because Goku and Vegeta are opposites, so their pieces fit inside each other, like puzzle pieces. Goten and Trunks are both the same puzzle piece so they do not connect. Same with Kale and Caulifla, and ESPECIALLY with Black and Zamasu, because again they were literally the same person. Goku and Vegeta on the other hand do not clash at all, they fill in all of each other's gaps.

I feel like there's something significant there. Something about Yin and Yang or some obscure Buddhist belief of living in harmony and acceptance. I hope Derek Padula writes about it eventually.