Do you still hate Dragonball GT?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Do you still hate Dragonball GT?

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 am

I've never hated it, but after Super I've started to appreciate it more and more

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:12 am

Timetraveller wrote:
Dbzk1999 wrote:
prince212 wrote:It’s not hate ,,it’s just that I tried to watch it 2-3 times and I always get tired , it doesn’t catch my eye .
I wish to be able to see it until the end but I just can’t , and it’s not about what you guys call canon or not ( I never used those cameras ) :D
Exactly, for me, it does what a dragon ball series should never do, and that’s bore me. I’ve never been able to finish it because of that.
Could you elaborate on what you think it does that no other dragonball series has ever done?
Hard to really explain it. Rewatched it with a friend recently in an attempt to see if I never finished it just because I was young. Even then, something, maybe aesthetic or overall feel, just made the show feel so drab. It’s the same feeling I have when I try to watch Man of Steel, the action and plot is there, but it doesn’t entice me enough to watch it in its entirety.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:27 pm

mute_proxy wrote:I've never hated it, but after Super I've started to appreciate it more and more
Same here. I think that despite the flaws of both shows. DBGT felt more like a continuation of Dragon Ball than Super does.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:41 am

No stakes, no tension. Goku only wants the Dragon Balls because Chi Chi shouted at him. The others are content to faff about when they only have a year to find the things before impending doom.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:18 am

GamerSkull wrote:DBGT felt more like a continuation of Dragon Ball than Super does.
The first episode maybe.... And have to admit SSJ4 had a nice concept... The rest not at all IMO

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:12 am

Commander_Red wrote:No stakes, no tension. Goku only wants the Dragon Balls because Chi Chi shouted at him. The others are content to faff about when they only have a year to find the things before impending doom.
Son is an immature happy-go-lucky guy so doing careless stuff such as this isn't surprising.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 am

Commander_Red wrote:No stakes, no tension. Goku only wants the Dragon Balls because Chi Chi shouted at him. The others are content to faff about when they only have a year to find the things before impending doom.
Those are the stakes - Earth will blow up in one year if they don't gather them.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

thezander

Post by thezander » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 pm

I feel like watching the gt pilot gives me the same feeling when playing a video game and getting through a ton of the story and for some reason the save doesn't work and when you start it again and see where you are.

Goku being that young for whatever reason just makes it seem like it's starting all over and then progresses into this weird twisted mutation of a show.

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:19 am

As others have pointed out, the Earth was going to blow up. Goku only wants to fight in the ToP because it's an opportunity to fight strong people not because he worries about the universe being erased (that's an afterthought to him)