Do you still hate Dragonball GT?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Do you still hate Dragonball GT?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Haven't watched GT I'm 3 years, I'm probably not the best source, lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:46 pm

So I finished the first set and it ends with Goku going Super Saiyan 4 for the first time and I forgot how much I actually enjoyed watching a lot of these fights and scenes like Goku getting his tail pulled out with the pliers(ouchies) But once Goku, Trunks and Pan show up on that planet were Gero betrays them I started really enjoying it. I wont lie it does still feel different but I am enjoying it.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:06 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:You not liking what has been produced does not mean little passion went into the production.
No one, no matter how big of a super fanboy they are can say with a straight face that Super is taking the lore seriously at this point.
Super is taking it's lore seriously.Straight face :lolno:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:20 pm

I really disliked their decision to make Goku a kid again, and I really didn't enjoy that first arc where they searched for the Dragonballs. It was boring to get through.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 pm

omaro34 wrote:I really disliked their decision to make Goku a kid again, and I really didn't enjoy that first arc where they searched for the Dragonballs. It was boring to get through.
Yeah I guess I'm about 50/50 on Goku being a kid again. I don't hate it....but I don't completely love it either lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:18 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:You not liking what has been produced does not mean little passion went into the production.
No one, no matter how big of a super fanboy they are can say with a straight face that Super is taking the lore seriously at this point.
Goku had to catch a monkey to get stronger, the lore has always been serious!

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:21 am

MR.Mark wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Goku had to catch a monkey to get stronger, the lore has always been serious!
Beerus could have killed everyone because Buu is a fucking moron.

Buu and Perfect Cell appeared because Vegeta was a fucking moron.

Goku's tail started to grow up for doing some tea bullshit with Kaioshin.

King Piccolo lost for being stupid and not washing for inmortality.

dbgtFO wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:19 am

dbs fanboy wrote: King Piccolo lost for being stupid and not washing for inmortality.
To be fair, is being Immortal worth it if you're immortal and stuck in such an old and withering body?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Spencer_23 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 am

Never hated it, Super has made me appreciate it more

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Kanassa wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote: King Piccolo lost for being stupid and not washing for inmortality.
To be fair, is being Immortal worth it if you're immortal and stuck in such an old and withering body?
It is, he would just need to fight Goku for a long time, and wait until he gets tired. Then he would only have to kill him.

dbgtFO wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:29 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
It is, he would just need to fight Goku for a long time, and wait until he gets tired. Then he would only have to kill him.
And? He'd still be in an old body.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:07 pm

I used to hate it back then but, over the past two years I've mellowed down a bit, my current feelings are less hate more like not caring a lot (save for some nice concepts). I still think the show as a hold is boring and average.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Kanassa wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
Kanassa wrote: To be fair, is being Immortal worth it if you're immortal and stuck in such an old and withering body?
And? He'd still be in an old body.
Well, if he didn't kill the dragon, he could have gathered the dragon balls again to be young again. So, another issue due to him doing something without stopping two seconds to think about it.

dbgtFO wrote:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:02 pm

So what if he is stupid? He's the villain. If the villain loses, it's often because of some flaw. Arrogance is one such flaw. Who to that point posed a threat to him?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Spencer_23 wrote:Never hated it, Super has made me appreciate it more
It's the opposite for me.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:04 pm

I like Super more, but never hated it.

Always did wish they would have given Pan a Super Saiyan transformation in it. Here's to hoping she gets it in Super.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:33 pm

I never hated it. In fact, i always liked it more than DBZ. There are many reasons for that, like:
-It wasn't so long and full of fillers
-Pan was better character than Kid Gohan to me (i only like Gohan since Buu saga)
-I always liked kid Goku better than adult Goku
-First arc was a throwback to original series
-They brought back apes, tails and didn't make everyone transform into new forms.

But obviously there were things DBZ did better, like fights and making non-saiyan characters more important in story.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:52 pm

I hadn’t watched it since it’s run on Toonami in ‘04/‘05. Just picked up the Funi “Complete Series” set at Walmart and although i’m Only about halfway through, I’ve decided that the show is totally over-hated! I’m actually enjoying it quite a bit, and I think it’s visually more satisfying because it pretty much goes hand-in-hand with the animation of the Buu Saga, not such a far-cry like Super.
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:55 pm

PacificOceanDub wrote:I hadn’t watched it since it’s run on Toonami in ‘04/‘05. Just picked up the Funi “Complete Series” set at Walmart and although i’m Only about halfway through, I’ve decided that the show is totally over-hated! I’m actually enjoying it quite a bit, and I think it’s visually more satisfying because it pretty much goes hand-in-hand with the animation of the Buu Saga, not such a far-cry like Super.
This was actually my feelings when I picked up the Season 1 DVD in like 2010. I hadn't seen GT since like 2004, only remembered bits and pieces of it. watching GT from the beginning i found it wasn't nearly as bad as people said.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:20 pm

PacificOceanDub

I hope you are not watching it with awful english music. I highly recommend watching it in original version or at least english voices+japanese music (available on FUNI sets).

Although i really like english voices, translation is trash and full of plotholes. I feel like FUNimation is a reason why most US people didn't like GT. Also, they ruined Pan which is why she's so over-hated as well.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta