Hiromi Tsuru, Bulma's voice actor, has passed away.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Hiromi Tsuru, Bulma's voice actor, has passed away.

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Majin Jator wrote:Really sad news, specially for how young she was and how unexpected her death has been for her loved ones.

I feel as if Bulma herself had died, and I had know her for most of my life. It's weird, because I didn't grow up with Tsuru voice, but that's how it feels.
I was thinking the exact same thing! regardless if someone is a fan of the Japanese or English these characters even though they aren't real, the people behind them are. they gave us our memories and experiences and they definitely deserve respect.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:49 pm

May she find her final peace and rest

She will be deeply missed

Farewell Hiromi Tsuru your legacy and legends will never been forgotten :cry:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:07 pm

"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:13 pm

This is a very tragic news for the DB fandom. No matter who will be next voice actress for Bulma, it won't be the same. May she rest in peace.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvEPFN09Gj4

Goku meets Bulma for the first time...
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:Sad news for her folk and her fans. Can't really say I was a fan of her work, but I respect the years she put into it, and that's not counting her other projects.

I know that Tien Shin Han's voice actor has also passed away a few years ago. Are there any other members of the core cast who have passed away?
Daisuke Gori (Hercule) committed seppuku, and he was replaced with Unsho Ishizuka.

Master Roshi has had four voice actors.

It's a sad, painful but unavoidable fact that the old guard will eventually move on and new voices must come in. The best we can hope for is that these new voices can live up to the old ones.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Mel Blanc for example voiced Bugs, Daffy and others from 40's way into 80's until he passed away, and characters got new voices, it will probably same for DB characters.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:52 pm

I don’t post much on here anymore but for this I feel I need to. Bulma is one of the best characters in the show but that’s not just because of the character to me she brought Bulma to life. I just don’t know how to react to this because I grew up since I was 3 and can remember watching DragonBall in Japanese with my father. The way that she would act as Bulma was sensational and perfect that honestly I don’t think can be replicated and even the dubs have a hard time of doing. I think super should pay respect by having whatever she recorded air but after that give the character some time off the screen. It’s not going to feel right hearing a different voice for that character. And it makes you realize that while we are all here because we love DragonBall that behind those characters we love are the human beings that play them who unfortunately can not last forever. But what can is the memories we have of those characters they play and how they affect us. May she Rest In Peace.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Fuck. It's hard to even know what to say. One day later, this is still cutting deep. Don't think I've ever felt so shaken by any celebrity death before. I feel like as fans we're more mentally prepared to deal with the possibility of older cast members passing away, so when someone who's not as old is suddenly gone it feels more shocking. The outpouring of art and comments on places like Twitter shows how deeply this has affected many (and it's hard for me to go on those places right now without tearing up).

Her family and fellow cast members must be experiencing this heartbreak even more deeply than us fans. She was a legend whose work entertained people around the world for decades, and she will be dearly missed.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:16 pm

I never expected this to happen,R.I.P Hiromi Tsuru,what make this even sadder is that her final word as bulma was goodbye :cry:.She voiced one of the best character in dragon ball.
Last edited by The gr on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:32 pm

What a tragedy,May she rest in peace :(
Last edited by Spider-Man on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:48 pm

The gr wrote:I never expected this to happen,R.I.P Hiromi Tsuru,what make this even sadder is that her final word as bulma was goodbye :cry:.She voiced one of the best character in dragon ball.
Wow that made it worse for me honestly. I don’t think I can watch that episode again at least not that part knowing that was her final word.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:04 pm

THEGOKU wrote:
The gr wrote:I never expected this to happen,R.I.P Hiromi Tsuru,what make this even sadder is that her final word as bulma was goodbye :cry:.She voiced one of the best character in dragon ball.
Wow that made it worse for me honestly. I don’t think I can watch that episode again at least not that part knowing that was her final word.
I heard she recorded dialogue for an upcoming DBZ video game, so we'll hear her one more time.

But yes, this is sad too.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Azelf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Azelf89 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:08 pm

The first time we saw Blooma she was getting out of her car.

The last thing Blooma said in Super was goodbye.

Now her VA passes away in her car.

Fate is cruel.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:22 pm

I just now found out about this, and I’m utterly shocked. She was only 57 too.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Actually, her last lines in Super from ep. 96 were "Everyone, good luck!" then followed by "We're counting on you, everyone."

Still heartbreaking of course, but these aren't exactly ominous words of departure like many are making them out to be.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Asura wrote:Actually, her last lines in Super from ep. 96 were "Everyone, good luck!" then followed by "We're counting on you, everyone."

Still heartbreaking of course, but these aren't exactly ominous words of departure like many are making them out to be.
I think "Everyone, good luck!" as well as the nature of the scene itself (Bulma saying farewell to the main cast as they depart for the next adventure) has a certain poignancy about it.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:46 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Asura wrote:Actually, her last lines in Super from ep. 96 were "Everyone, good luck!" then followed by "We're counting on you, everyone."

I think "Everyone, good luck!" as well as the nature of the scene itself (Bulma saying farewell to the main cast as they depart for the next adventure) has a certain poignancy about it.
Yeah, I can get behind the nature of the scene feeling like a departing message, but "Good luck" isn't really something you'd say as a goodbye or something.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:08 pm

A friend of mine put this together as a tribute to Tsuru. Thought some of you might find it pretty cool.
KBABZ wrote:[GIF from the DB closer with the rain]
Very poignant. :(
Last edited by Robo4900 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.