Hiromi Tsuru, Bulma's voice actor, has passed away.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Hiromi Tsuru, Bulma's voice actor, has passed away.

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:So is it true that her last time voicing Bulma was for FighterZ?
Yeah, that game is the last time you will hear her voice. :(

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:57 pm

I actually wonder what was the very first thing she did in her career. After doing a little research in the Japanese Wikipedia, I think I might have found it: The 1982 anime adaptation of Rainbowman.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

I also know she did an episode of Fist of the North Star that aired in January 1986, a month before Dragon Ball premiered on television.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm

DB1984 wrote:I actually wonder what was the very first thing she did in her career. After doing a little research in the Japanese Wikipedia, I think I might have found it: The 1982 anime adaptation of Rainbowman.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

I also know she did an episode of Fist of the North Star that aired in January 1986, a month before Dragon Ball premiered on television.
I actually started watching a show called Ghost Sweeper Mikami a few months ago because I found out her and Horikawa voice the main characters
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Memorial Service for Hiromi Tsuru.

EDIT: Didn't see it was posted in the previous page.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:35 pm

Are they going to re-cast the role?

I can't imagine that Bulma won't have another speaking role in the rest of the series.

It's going to be weird to hear another voice from her...

Hiromi Tsuru will be missed. :cry:
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:39 pm

GamerSkull wrote:Are they going to re-cast the role?

I can't imagine that Bulma won't have another speaking role in the rest of the series.

It's going to be weird to hear another voice from her...

Hiromi Tsuru will be missed. :cry:
Yes. Bulma will be recast.

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Yes, Bulma will be recast. Without a shadow of a doubt. I can't think of any cases in the Dragon Ball anime that when the VA died, so did the character.

Though, that DID almost happen back in 1995, when Master Roshi's original VA, Kohei Miyauchi, died. And in yet another coincidence that was no less sadder in hindsight than Hiromi's last episode as Bulma, Kohei's last episode as Roshi was the one where he and the rest of the Dragon Ball gang are eaten up by Super Buu. But when the next DBZ movie came out in July 1995, Roshi was back with a new VA.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:38 pm

DB1984 wrote:Yes, Bulma will be recast. Without a shadow of a doubt. I can't think of any cases in the Dragon Ball anime that when the VA died, so did the character.

Though, that DID almost happen back in 1995, when Master Roshi's original VA, Kohei Miyauchi, died. And in yet another coincidence that was no less sadder in hindsight than Hiromi's last episode as Bulma, Kohei's last episode as Roshi was the one where he and the rest of the Dragon Ball gang are eaten up by Super Buu. But when the next DBZ movie came out in July 1995, Roshi was back with a new VA.
I'm not completely caught up with Super yet... although I know of some of the situations that happen in the future due to not being able to avoid spoilers. :shock:

What happened in her final episode of Bulma if you don't mind my asking...
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 pm

GamerSkull wrote:What happened in her final episode of Bulma if you don't mind my asking...
Very fittingly (and yet very sadly), her final words are wishing everyone to do their best at the Tournament of Power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xssz5lAWPg
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:What happened in her final episode of Bulma if you don't mind my asking...
Very fittingly (and yet very sadly), her final words are wishing everyone to do their best at the Tournament of Power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xssz5lAWPg
Wow. That is very fitting. To be fair, I'm not the biggest fan of the character, but things would still feel off without her and it's gonna be weird getting used to a new voice.

It's gonna be so sad to watch that scene again too when I start getting closer to catching up. :(
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"