Does this Simpsons pic represent Dragonball perfectly?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Does this Simpsons pic represent Dragonball perfectly?

Post by precita » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:36 pm

What do you think?

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Does this Simpsons pic represent Dragonball perfectly?

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:19 am

It's a funny way to poke fun at Toriyama's writing style. Other than that though, what's the context? Is Homer supposed to be Toriyama and the other guy his editor?

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:47 am

I think the context is just a Weeb Simpsons joke, unless you mean what episode of the Simpsons this is from... I have no idea :oops:.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:54 am

I didnt see any character askin bout Goku in 2/3rd of Namek Arc/ Frieza/Garlic Jr 2/3rd of entire Android Arc or even Boo Arc

Goku was either dead, training, lost in space or unconscious.

Goku became an after-thought to Z-fighters given how dudes gotta handle Super-powered Frieza, Galick Jr, Androids, Imperfect Cell & Super Boo right infront of them.

I like the fact how "We NEED Goku" troope associated with DBZ is actually false accusation. Unless ur talkin abt Funi/Ocean Dubs

Original Version is very subtle with such blatantly embarassing cliches which European Dubs dont give a shit abt

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:01 am

bkev wrote:I think the context is just a Weeb Simpsons joke, unless you mean what episode of the Simpsons this is from... I have no idea :oops:.
Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie.
But yea, it seems pretty spot on, lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:05 am

MR.Mark wrote:It's a funny way to poke fun at Toriyama's writing style. Other than that though, what's the context?Is Homer supposed to be Toriyama and the other guy his editor?
I guess so.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:26 am

bkev wrote:I think the context is just a Weeb Simpsons joke, unless you mean what episode of the Simpsons this is from... I have no idea :oops:.
It's from the Poochy episode when they added a new character to Itchy and Scratchy. Homer was the voice actor for Poochy, and kids hated him so they axed him from the show and said, "he died on his way back to his home planet."

It's one of the most popular Simpsons episodes.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

precita wrote:
It's from the Poochy episode when they added a new character to Itchy and Scratchy. Homer was the voice actor for Poochy, and kids hated him so they axed him from the show and said, "he died on his way back to his home planet."

It's one of the most popular Simpsons episodes.
Yep, and that scene is Homer making suggestions for the show. All of which were to put more focus on Poochie and he says that quote but with Poochie.

So it relates to Goku because that kind of happens in DB...I guess, oh and one of the other suggestions Homer made was for Poochie to get access to a time machine (which Goku has) and they were both from another planet even though nobody knew that at first :)