Buying the Mexican dub of Dragon ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bruma rabu
Regular

Buying the Mexican dub of Dragon ball

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:23 am

I want to buy the Mexican dub of Dragon ball but I don't know much about it. I got few question.

Are both Dragon ball and Z dub? If so by they same people ?

Has it been re dub? If so, is the original dub easily available?

What footage does it use?

I've herd good things about the Mexican dub and I want to check it out.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Re: Buying the Mexican dub of Dragon ball

Post by Bajosexto » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Unfortunately you can't really buy a home release of the Latin American dub. I mean you could, but it is not complete and the quality of the home releases are not very good. They're also hard to find unless you live in Mexico, Chile or know someone online that sells them.

Basically this is all that's available
Dragon Ball:
Mexico: only first 28 episodes available on DVD (by On Screen Flims)
Chile: all 153 episodes released on DVD (by Editorial Edisur)

Dragon Ball Z:
Mexico: only the first 74 episodes available on DVD (by On Screen Flims)

Dragon Ball GT:
Mexico: all 64 episodes availabe on DVD (by On Screen Flims)

Movies and specials:
Mexico: dbz Movies 11, 12, and 13 and the GT Special released on DVD (by Towers Entertainment)
Battle of Gods available on DVD and Blu-ray (by On Screen Films)
Resurrection 'F' available only on DVD
All movies and specials available on DVD and Blu-ray (by Zima Entertainment).

All of Dragon Ball was released on DVD in Chile. These are just FUNi's blue bricks synced with the Latin American audio but with no Japanese audio track. This is probably the best home release of the Latin American dub out there. Unfortunately it's only available in Chile. Dbz was only released on DVD up to episode 74 in Mexico. All of GT was released on DVD in Mexico as well, but its quality is not very good. All 64 episodes were released on just 5 DVDs. Apparently it has audio issues where both the Japanese and the Spanish audio play on the same time on some episodes. And all the movies and specials are currently being released on DVD and Blu-ray by Zima Entertainment. These are just a transfer of FUNi's Blu-rays.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Bajosexto wrote:Unfortunately you can't really buy a home release of the Latin American dub. I mean you could, but it is not complete and the quality of the home releases are not very good. They're also hard to find unless you live in Mexico, Chile or know someone online that sells them.

Basically this is all that's available
Dragon Ball:
Mexico: only first 28 episodes available on DVD (by On Screen Flims)
Chile: all 153 episodes released on DVD (by Editorial Edisur)

Dragon Ball Z:
Mexico: only the first 74 episodes available on DVD (by On Screen Flims)

Dragon Ball GT:
Mexico: all 64 episodes availabe on DVD (by On Screen Flims)

Movies and specials:
Mexico: dbz Movies 11, 12, and 13 and the GT Special released on DVD (by Towers Entertainment)
Battle of Gods available on DVD and Blu-ray (by On Screen Films)
Resurrection 'F' available only on DVD
All movies and specials available on DVD and Blu-ray (by Zima Entertainment).

All of Dragon Ball was released on DVD in Chile. These are just FUNi's blue bricks synced with the Latin American audio but with no Japanese audio track. This is probably the best home release of the Latin American dub out there. Unfortunately it's only available in Chile. Dbz was only released on DVD up to episode 74 in Mexico. All of GT was released on DVD in Mexico as well, but its quality is not very good. All 64 episodes were released on just 5 DVDs. Apparently it has audio issues where both the Japanese and the Spanish audio play on the same time on some episodes. And all the movies and specials are currently being released on DVD and Blu-ray by Zima Entertainment. These are just a transfer of FUNi's Blu-rays.
Dang, that's kinda sad, I herd clips of the Latin dub and thought they sounded really good but can't say I'm surprised. Thanks for the info, very well put together.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Best way to get them is through alternative means unfortunately. There's people who have swapped out the English/Japanese tracks of the Dragon Boxes and inserted the Mexican Dub. So you can go that route?
El Conejo Malo

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Bardo117 wrote:Best way to get them is through alternative means unfortunately. There's people who have swapped out the English/Japanese tracks of the Dragon Boxes and inserted the Mexican Dub. So you can go that route?
That's what I was hoping to do but I'll still need to get my hands on the dub it self.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Bruma rabu wrote:
Bardo117 wrote:Best way to get them is through alternative means unfortunately. There's people who have swapped out the English/Japanese tracks of the Dragon Boxes and inserted the Mexican Dub. So you can go that route?
That's what I was hoping to do but I'll still need to get my hands on the dub it self.
All I can tell you is that it's out there.
El Conejo Malo