Jump Festa this week. What news about Super are you expecting?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Jump Festa this week. What news about Super are you expecting?

Post by Professor Freeza » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 am

I hope we get a long round of Slice of Life episodes post ToP. All this action is burning me out.

For the next arc i want Freeza to be the new major Villain or an arc where Vegeta meets U6 Saiyan King.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Re: Jump Festa this week. What news about Super are you expecting?

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:54 am

A film. 99% sure it will be a film probably sometime in summer. Too many things indicate towards that, but the biggest indicator is the current director of DBS going second credited which usually happens when the director is working on another project.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:38 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:A film. 99% sure it will be a film probably sometime in summer. Too many things indicate towards that, but the biggest indicator is the current director of DBS going second credited which usually happens when the director is working on another project.
Working on another project =/= A film though. Unless that website is used as a proof

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:45 am

Another project as in a film of the same franchise, but not the TV series. That's what I meant. It has happened before in other Toei series and trusted sources who have been following Toei stuff for years believe so. I trust them. But, anyways we will find out very soon. There's always that 1% uncertainty which is why I said I'm 99% sure. I could be wrong although I will be very surprised if Nagamine just leaves like this.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:27 am

I think a movie and an arc will be announced. The arc will either be a Sadal arc or a Freeza one as he's yet to do anything major and I highly doubt they brought him back just for him to stand around and make comments.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 am

sintzu wrote:I think a movie and an arc will be announced. The arc will either be a Sadal arc or a Freeza one as he's yet to do anything major and I highly doubt they brought him back just for him to stand around and make comments.
Another Freeza arc? I hope not...

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:36 am

sangofe wrote:
sintzu wrote:I think a movie and an arc will be announced. The arc will either be a Sadal arc or a Freeza one as he's yet to do anything major and I highly doubt they brought him back just for him to stand around and make comments.

I hope so. Because bringing freeza back without him doing anything major is just waste. Especially now that his character is damn great.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:37 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
sangofe wrote:

I hope so. Because bringing freeza back without him doing anything major is just waste. Especially now that his character is damn great.
He could be around, but an entire arc around him? No thanks.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:03 am

sangofe wrote:

At first, I expected an "Emperor Joker" kind of arc with Freeza using the Super Dragon Balls. Of course, in that case, no filler could be fitted then between the tournament and the next arc, and we know we are getting a filler episode with the kids in C17's island. And I don't believe Toei can handle another major arc so soon without some filler to breath, so whatever Freeza is planning is probably gonna be resolved in this arc.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:13 am

Jump Festa oh we are at this time of the year again.

So no scan this week I guess ? Also when are the date ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:17 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Jump Festa oh we are at this time of the year again.

So no scan this week I guess ? Also when are the date ?
16 Dec 2017 – 17 Dec 2017

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:18 am

Majin Jator wrote:
sangofe wrote:

At first, I expected an "Emperor Joker" kind of arc with Freeza using the Super Dragon Balls. Of course, in that case, no filler could be fitted then between the tournament and the next arc, and we know we are getting a filler episode with the kids in C17's island. And I don't believe Toei can handle another major arc so soon without some filler to breath, so whatever Freeza is planning is probably gonna be resolved in this arc.
I'm not that familiar with Comics. But assuming Freeza does have the wish, they could actually do a mini filler arc with just the Kids and Bulma. How about Getting Yamcha in the mix?

3 episodes with them wont be bad. They could show is as something that happened during the ToP.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 am

Well for news

I heard someone who work as animator in Japan for Pokemon that Dragon Ball Super would end in March and that a new serie will start afterward. Not sure if he is right or no but he seemed 100% sure. :eh:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:02 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
Majin Jator wrote:
sangofe wrote:

I'm not that familiar with Comics. But assuming Freeza does have the wish, they could actually do a mini filler arc with just the Kids and Bulma. How about Getting Yamcha in the mix?

3 episodes with them wont be bad. They could show is as something that happened during the ToP.
My bad. In Emperor Joker, the Joker steals reality-altering powers from another villain, and reshapes the world in his own twisted way. Db is usually more straightforward than that, but I can see Freeza asking to become the King of the Gods, or something similar that would give him an immense power, and would make Beerus and Whis unable to help our heroes. If you do something like that, you cannot give us a filler episode just after Freeza asks for his wish, or meanwhile Goku and co. are dealing with the situation. Even if it's showed as something that happened during the tournament. That would kill the mood.

That's why I think Freeza will be dealt with in this arc, unless we start to see some "meanwhile" filler before the next Goku Vs. Jiren fight.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:37 am

Hopefully they showcase some figures, quite a few that have been announced but not revealed yet, pretty much every UI Goku figure has been blanked out so I am itching to see those soon rather than wait the typical month before release to see what they look like.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:39 am

Info on the next arc OR info on a movie. Since Dragon Ball doesn't have a panel this year I'm not expecting both.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 am

Don't expect anything. Well, I don't think there is something to expect to begin with.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ReadyComicsRoll

Post by ReadyComicsRoll » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:52 am

Professor Freeza wrote:I hope we get a long round of Slice of Life episodes post ToP. All this action is burning me out.

For the next arc i want Freeza to be the new major Villain or an arc where Vegeta meets U6 Saiyan King.
If the universes get wished back, which would totally be a very Goku and/or Dragon Ball thing to do, I can see Vegeta and Goku visiting the U6 Saiyan Planet.

Although Frieza is a GREAT villain, him being the new major arc villain would be to predictable and done before. I'm personally hoping for Time Breakers & Demon Gods

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 am

Grimlock wrote:Don't expect anything. Well, I don't think there is something to expect to begin with.
Last year they announced the ToP arc. Surely they can announce the next big arc here

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:56 am

Chuquita wrote:Info on the next arc OR info on a movie. Since Dragon Ball doesn't have a panel this year I'm not expecting both.
It doesn't? After it did so well this year?