Who would be on your anime Justice League/Avengers team?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Who would be on your anime Justice League/Avengers team?

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:37 pm

Including at least one person from the Dragon Ball franchise of course.

As I said in another thread, I think Future Trunks and Gohan would work the best in such scenarios. But for the rest of the team(s), not really sure.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: Who would be on your anime Justice League/Avengers team?

Post by Vijay » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:02 am

Supes/Captain America = Goku duh :thumbup:

Batman/Iron Man = Veggie or Piccolo

Flash/QuickSilver= Krillin

WW/Black Widow= 18

Cyborg/Thor= Gohan

Captain Marvel/Shazam/Black Panther= Future Trunks

These are my picks.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:19 am

Justice league : Goku, Naruto, Luffy, Ichigo, Natsu & Yusuke

Suicide squad : Vegeta, Sasuke, Zoro, Gray & Hiei

There are probably others who could easily be on there but that's just based on the anime I've seen.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:35 am

My list for Injustice League:

Cell, Kid Boo, Father (FMAB), Pride, Bradley, Sesshoumaru, Yagami Light

Game over for Justice League/Avengers

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:22 am

Yamcha- Starlord

Caulifla- Gamora

Piccolo- Drax

Fat Buu- Groot

Olong- Rocket

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:09 am

Some interesting combos. Though, you guys aren't limited to strictly Dragon Ball to pick characters from.

Though other then being the "leader" (really, the one that ties them all together) of his group of friends, I don't think Goku really has that much in common with Supes or Captain America.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:31 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Some interesting combos. Though, you guys aren't limited to strictly Dragon Ball to pick characters from.

Though other then being the "leader" (really, the one that ties them all together) of his group of friends, I don't think Goku really has that much in common with Supes or Captain America.
If anything he has more in common with Thor (enjoys fighting, enjoys showing off, often gets so involved in a fight that he gets carried away instead of working with the rest of the team, etc.)
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:32 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Some interesting combos. Though, you guys aren't limited to strictly Dragon Ball to pick characters from.

Based on platonic level of leadership & clarity of actions, I think Goku ranks with Supes & CA just fine

Both Goku & Supes are "figures" while Captain is character.

Despite sharing/having similar traits, Captain is definetly better leader, cuz Goku & Supes are both "whatever guys" with Veggie/Piccolo & Batman taking charge most of da time.

Captain does what's right. And expects nothing less from his team mates. Old Testament kind-off. Which may not be practical in real-life, but certainly safest way in ensuring law & order

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Trunks has been an Avenger already, as this photo shows:

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Post by Avenant » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Goku, Saitama, Light Yagami and Boss Rabbit.
"Tell me, is it slavery if you get what you want?"

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:45 pm

I'm actually surprised that with all the anime stuff they do with Marvel and DC in Japan that they haven't crossed superheroes with the best in Anime.
El Conejo Malo

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Bardo117 wrote:I'm actually surprised that with all the anime stuff they do with Marvel and DC in Japan that they haven't crossed superheroes with the best in Anime.
Because of reasons.

Toriyama has shown he's a big Superman fan a number of times (Suppaman, Goku's origins, manga Jiren), but I think the issue comes from the whole versus debate that has reigned since the 90s.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
Bardo117 wrote:I'm actually surprised that with all the anime stuff they do with Marvel and DC in Japan that they haven't crossed superheroes with the best in Anime.
Because of reasons.

Toriyama has shown he's a big Superman fan a number of times (Suppaman, Goku's origins, manga Jiren), but I think the issue comes from the whole versus debate that has reigned since the 90s.

But I mean, look at this stuff! It's high quality sh**! It's time for them to integrate both anime characters and superheroes in the west! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXsWXgOJ0Q8
El Conejo Malo

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:48 pm

The Fantastic Four:

Mr. Fantastic/Bulma - Reed Richards is the mostly level headed leader of the group. He's the most mature of the bunch, but oftentimes finds himself succumbing to a childlike wonder or even obsession with his goals so powerful, that it makes him distant and aloof, causing conflict with his emotional best friend, Ben Grimm. Bulma is likewise the most mature person here, but has her character flaws which can be quite extreme, oftentimes succumbing to vanity, ego, and stubbornness to such a degree that it causes regular conflicts with her prideful husband. She of course doesn't have superpowers, but uses her intelligence and a series of mecha (designed exclusively by Toriyama) to contribute to the team.

The Thing/Vegeta - The strong guy of the team. The brute. The badass fighter. Everybody's favorite. Hides his powerful emotions under a vanity of jolliness/pride.

Human Torch/Trunks - The energy of the team. Comic relief. The immature, kid-self insert of the team (self insert is a little harsh. What I mean is, the character who will relate the kids' perspectives). Oftentimes his rashness and immaturity will cause big trouble.

Invisible Woman/Bra - The one nobody cares about. The one with barely a character or role dynamic. Probably has the most hentai.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:48 pm

nickzambuto wrote:The Fantastic Four:

Mr. Fantastic/Bulma - Reed Richards is the mostly level headed leader of the group. He's the most mature of the bunch, but oftentimes finds himself succumbing to a childlike wonder or even obsession with his goals so powerful, that it makes him distant and aloof, causing conflict with his emotional best friend, Ben Grimm. Bulma is likewise the most mature person here, but has her character flaws which can be quite extreme, oftentimes succumbing to vanity, ego, and stubbornness to such a degree that it causes regular conflicts with her prideful husband. She of course doesn't have superpowers, but uses her intelligence and a series of mecha (designed exclusively by Toriyama) to contribute to the team.

The Thing/Vegeta - The strong guy of the team. The brute. The badass fighter. Everybody's favorite. Hides his powerful emotions under a vanity of jolliness/pride.

Human Torch/Trunks - The energy of the team. Comic relief. The immature, kid-self insert of the team (self insert is a little harsh. What I mean is, the character who will relate the kids' perspectives). Oftentimes his rashness and immaturity will cause big trouble.

Invisible Woman/Bra - The one nobody cares about. The one with barely a character or role dynamic. Probably has the most hentai.
You know that Sue Storm stopped being that kind of character sometime around the 80s, right?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:57 pm

She's not the page image for nothing here:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... elInBadass

That's why I was confused a bit.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:

You know that Sue Storm stopped being that kind of character sometime around the 80s, right?
No I didn't know that.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:

No I didn't know that.
She's actually considered the strongest/most powerful member of the team.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:02 pm

If you were to limit the team to a main 7 protagonist then:

Saitama, Naruto Uzimaki, Son Goku, Eren Yeager, Sailor Moon, Edward Elric, Jotaro Kujo and Pegasus Seiya would be my team.

The Legend of Doom would be: Boros, Madara Uchiha, Frieza, Zeke Yeager, Sailor Galaxia, Father, Dio Brando, and Hades

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:55 pm

kn83 wrote:If you were to limit the team to a main 7 protagonist then:

Saitama, Naruto Uzimaki, Son Goku, Eren Yeager, Sailor Moon, Edward Elric, Jotaro Kujo and Pegasus Seiya would be my team.

The Legend of Doom would be: Boros, Madara Uchiha, Frieza, Zeke Yeager, Sailor Galaxia, Father, Dio Brando, and Hades
You don't have to limit it to 7, but if you want to, that's fine.

Everyone keeps putting Goku on the team, and I'm not sure why. He's never been the best team player, with only a few rare exceptions, and short of being in the immediate area/being asked to, he's not the kind to stop criminals on a regular basis.

Gohan, Future Trunks, even Krillin would suit the role better. Gohan even has secret identity thing down.