Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Re: Official "DB 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by mecha3000 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:57 pm

Y'know - We all know Goku and Vegeta did have a brief period where their gi/armor were redesigned for Resurrection 'F' and Super's second and third arcs - and I honestly wish they stayed to symbolize the character's growth more. My point is: Would you ever want a redesign again like in DBZ Movie 15 - possibly for the new movie? Honestly, I liked what Goku wore at the EoZ against Uub because it showed he had evolved past the point of wearing his old gi, which was symbolically passed down to Goten (minus the blue inside shirt). I'm hoping the new movie gives us new character designs for Goku and the other characters like Resurrection 'F' did. That's assuming Goku and the gang are even in the movie as some fans are promoting it as Yamoshi's story.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:03 pm

mecha3000 wrote:I'm hoping the new movie gives us new character designs for Goku and the other characters like Resurrection 'F' did. That's assuming Goku and the gang are even in the movie as some fans are promoting it as Yamoshi's story.
Well, with the news that Super is ending on March, I now doubt this movie will be without the main cast. As someone said before I think there's a chance this movie could be connected with the current arc finale.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:52 am

Noah wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:I'm hoping the new movie gives us new character designs for Goku and the other characters like Resurrection 'F' did. That's assuming Goku and the gang are even in the movie as some fans are promoting it as Yamoshi's story.
Well, with the news that Super is ending on March, I now doubt this movie will be without the main cast. As someone said before I think there's a chance this movie could be connected with the current arc finale.
Or you're just in denial. The movie will have nothing to do with Super or the main cast. It's about Yamoshi and the origins of Saiyans. Goku and Vegeta will get a cameo at the end if anything.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:18 am

IndieBooToo wrote:Or you're just in denial. The movie will have nothing to do with Super or the main cast. It's about Yamoshi and the origins of Saiyans. Goku and Vegeta will get a cameo at the end if anything.
That's assumption.

It's also unlikely as it would flop.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:26 am

mecha3000 wrote:Y'know - We all know Goku and Vegeta did have a brief period where their gi/armor were redesigned for Resurrection 'F' and Super's second and third arcs - and I honestly wish they stayed to symbolize the character's growth more. My point is: Would you ever want a redesign again like in DBZ Movie 15 - possibly for the new movie? Honestly, I liked what Goku wore at the EoZ against Uub because it showed he had evolved past the point of wearing his old gi, which was symbolically passed down to Goten (minus the blue inside shirt). I'm hoping the new movie gives us new character designs for Goku and the other characters like Resurrection 'F' did. That's assuming Goku and the gang are even in the movie as some fans are promoting it as Yamoshi's story.
I really disliked the RoF designs, I thought they were pretty ugly. Goku's EoZ gi however is awesome and I really can't wait until he finally wears it in Super. Too bad he didn't use it in the ToP, he looks quite cool here:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:28 am

Bullza wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:Or you're just in denial. The movie will have nothing to do with Super or the main cast. It's about Yamoshi and the origins of Saiyans. Goku and Vegeta will get a cameo at the end if anything.
That's assumption.

Chances of the movie not being centered around the main cast are close to zero, and have gotten even closer to zero now that we know that Super is ending. If the series kept going and people could get their Goku fix from that, then maybe there could have been a possibility of the movie being more daring. As is stands, people will want to see their favs now more than ever as they have nowhere else to turn to.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:37 am

So just wondering now that DB Super retells the events of BOG and ROF, but with some major differences to how it’s played out, are the movie counterparts thrown out? Also is it safe to say that the Super manga can be categorized with Toriyama’s manga and the Super anime categorized with TOEI’s anime?
Last edited by OWmyDragonBallz on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:38 am

Michsi wrote:
Bullza wrote:
That's assumption.

Chances of the movie not being centered around the main cast are close to zero, and have gotten even closer to zero now that we know that Super is ending. If the series kept going and people could get their Goku fix from that, then maybe there could have been a possibility of the movie being more daring. As is stands, people will want to see their favs now more than ever as they have nowhere else to turn to.
Super isn’t ending. It’s just on hiatus.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:43 am

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Bullza wrote:
That's assumption.

Did miss some news?

Last I heard Toei made an official statement that it's ending. Either way, no series will be airing when the movie comes out.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:35 am

Michsi wrote:
OWmyDragonBallz wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Did miss some news?

Last I heard Toei made an official statement that it's ending. Either way, no series will be airing when the movie comes out.
How can they end it with Universe survival? That doesn’t make sense. Nothing ties into the ending of Z.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:15 am

They won't make Dragon Ball Super to end as soon as Tounarment of Power end. There will certainly be a flashforward to end of Z.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:11 pm

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:
Michsi wrote:
OWmyDragonBallz wrote:
Did miss some news?

How can they end it with Universe survival? That doesn’t make sense. Nothing ties into the ending of Z.
Technically, Buu Saga doesn't tie into the ending of Z either. They can leave the 4-5 year gap open just like they left 10 year gap open before Super.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:39 pm

Grimlock wrote:They won't make Dragon Ball Super to end as soon as Tounarment of Power end. There will certainly be a flashforward to end of Z.
Maybe. But I have feeling with 5 minutes left in the ToP and 6 episodes left to go they might just end on ToP being over.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:02 am

I'm honestly really hyped for this. I'm hoping it ends up being an epilogue to Super, and I imagine it will be. Can't wait to see some amazing animation like in BoG and RoF.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:34 am

Forte224 wrote: Can't wait to see some amazing animation like in BoG and RoF.
Please, we got stuff better on the actual TV series, I hope they go way beyond that level.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:26 pm

Noah wrote:
Forte224 wrote: Can't wait to see some amazing animation like in BoG and RoF.
Please, we got stuff better on the actual TV series, I hope they go way beyond that level.
Whatever you say. I thought the animation was amazing.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:09 am

Forte224 wrote:I'm honestly really hyped for this. I'm hoping it ends up being an epilogue to Super, and I imagine it will be.
I think it'll have strong ties to super and whatever is next.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:31 pm

If they (Toei/Toriyama) are not even sure what the next series will be , then I doubt the movie will have strong connection to it, but I expect the Super cast to appear at least to introduce the story and provide material for trailers and advertising, so that people are lured in by Goku/Vegeta/etc's presence even if the movie takes place 90% in the past with brand new ancient Saiyan cast and stuff. So yeah, most likely connected to Super by the virtue of having Super cast, but not much else I guess.

GreatJaiyaman
Banned

Post by GreatJaiyaman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:46 am

Theory. What if Yamoshi was from universe 6, and he was a Super Saiyan 4 before Super Saiyan God, he decides that Ss4 is too savage like oozaru and they cant control themselves in Ss4, so eventually discovers Super Saiyan God as something more stable, and gets the super dragonballs to wish away the tails of the universe 6 saiyans. Wacky i know, but i guess I'm just a Ss4 fanboy :D
VegettoEX is a snowflake

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:55 am

GreatJaiyaman wrote:Theory. What if Yamoshi was from universe 6, and he was a Super Saiyan 4 before Super Saiyan God, he decides that Ss4 is too savage like oozaru and they cant control themselves in Ss4, so eventually discovers Super Saiyan God as something more stable, and gets the super dragonballs to wish away the tails of the universe 6 saiyans. Wacky i know, but i guess I'm just a Ss4 fanboy :D
Sounds like my theory that SSJ4 is the true mastered form of the original Super Saiyan. In the (dub) flashback, Vegeta says that the Original SSJ could only control it in the "Transformed state" aka Great Ape. Meaning the original SSJ = Golden Great Ape. However, he couldnt control himself and basically self-destructed. My theory is that had he controlled himself, he would have become SSJ4.

And yeah this is going by added dub dialogue but oh well. I'm a SSJ4 fanboy too lol