Need Help with Information Regarding Chinese and Korean Dubs of the Franchise

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Need Help with Information Regarding Chinese and Korean Dubs of the Franchise

Post by wjbraden » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:51 am

Hi guys,
As some of you may know, I've been working on a project to gather information on all of the foreign dubs of Dragon Ball, such as how many episodes were dubbed, released, when it aired, trivia, etc., and putting it all together in a spreadsheet:(which you can find here, it's open and editable for anyone https://goo.gl/Zay3za).

I'm pretty confident about most of the dubs I have listed (thanks to help of many of you guys, you rock!), but I'm a little skeptical about the info I have regarding the Korean dubs and Chinese dubs, due to the language barrier.

From my understanding, there are multiple dubs from China, in both Mandarin and Cantonese, with some of the material being dubbed and redubbed over time. Same goes from the Korean dub, which has several different versions from my understanding: Daewon Video (1990's first dubbing, and 2010's redubbing), SBS Dubbing (early 2000's), Tooniverse Dubbing (mid-2000's-2010's).

As for exactly what specials, movies, episodes that have been released in these dubs, I'm at a total loss, it's really confusing, especially with google translate relaying very poor English translations. If any of you guys have any info regarding these dubs, or any others, that would be totally awesome! :D
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.