Who looks more disgusting: Freeza 3rd form or Cell 1st form?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Who looks more disgusting: Freeza 3rd form or Cell 1st form?

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Who do you think looks more disgusting: Freeza is his 3rd form or Cell in his 1st one? I would go with Imperfect Cell because of his mouth I guess LOL.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Who looks more disgusting: Freeza 3rd form or Cell 1st form?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Imperfect Cell. Remember when he 'drank' that fat man? That was so creepy and revolting. And i guess i also hate him because i despise insects in real life, and Imperfect Cell looks like a bug, so...

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Freeza 3rd form.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Cell acts more disgusting while Freeza looks more disgusting...or disturbing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Man this just reminds me of how 1st form Cell had so much potential! Just wasted and we got this generic "I wanna be perfect and test my true strength" shitty villain in the end. Sigh.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Man this just reminds me of how 1st form Cell had so much potential! Just wasted and we got this generic "I wanna be perfect and test my true strength" shitty villain in the end. Sigh.
And that potential was what?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:48 pm

First Form Cell, easily. I think what makes it work is his mouth. While it's obvious that he has one and can use it, that large orange pod going over where his nose, mouth and chin makes it look like he's had something surgically attached over it and he can't even breath, almost like something out of Saw that's choking him.
ABED wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Man this just reminds me of how 1st form Cell had so much potential! Just wasted and we got this generic "I wanna be perfect and test my true strength" shitty villain in the end. Sigh.
And that potential was what?
Being an interesting character I guess. As Imperfect and Semi-Perfect Cell, he had much clearer motives and would do anything to get them. And despite being less intelligent, he was still crafty; the period where he's sneaking around absorbing humans is a very unique one in Dragon Ball because usually the villains make themselves very obvious as to where they are. But, when Cell achieves Perfection, his motive changes to "I wanna flaunt it" which isn't as interesting. I mean it almost feels like Cell can be talked out of the Cell Games (and not in a good way like Fat Buu), he doesn't feel like a real villain anymore.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:07 pm

That's incredibly vague. And his motives were always clear. First, he's trying to become perfect, and when he becomes perfect, he wants to test his limits and then strike fear in people before killing them. Of course he changed his motives because he achieved his goal. His first goal (trying to achieve perfection) was intermediate. I'm not saying he's interesting when he's perfect, but I think you don't quite understand what's motivating him.

To answer the question, Cell's first form is very bug like and more disgusting. Freeza just looks like a xenomorph and I was never disgusted by that design.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:19 pm

Ce''s first form is a fantastic design, easily his best, and one of my favorites from Toriyama period.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Sausage head design of course

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:13 am

1st form Cell looks badass, 3rd form Freeza is just this weird gross Xenomorph knock-off that felt unnecessary.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:28 am

I wouldn't say they're "disgusting" but more on the "ugly" side. Cell's 1st form was ugly but in a good way. He looks like an insect man which not far off from what you see in stuff like Kamen Rider and such. His second form was on the other hand was just plain ugly. Freeza's 3rd form is forgettable and the only thing memorable about it is the blatant knock off job.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:34 am

Cell's first form. He looks like a giant bug. Freeza doesn't look disgusting at all to me. Well neither does Cell, but I guess his first form is "disgustier" than Freeza's third form.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Design-wise, I actually like 1st Form Cell because he looked like a scary insect monster and therefore seemed very threatening.

However, Cell 1st Form is probably more disgusting simply for that insect aspect alone... which looks less threatening with each transformation to be honest.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"