Has Toei already finished producing the ToP Arc?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Has Toei already finished producing the ToP Arc?

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:29 am

I mean like completing all the voice acting, animation, Episode title, NEP ...

We know writers finish the writing months before that episode airs. But what about the production? How early do they finish it?

sintzu
Banned

Re: Has Toei already finished producing the ToP Arc?

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 am

At most they've finished the voices and writing but there's no way they're 10 weeks ahead of what's going to air now. If they could work that fast we'd get more episodes per week.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:36 am

No chance. Takahashi only had 5 weeks for the second half of the last episode there is no way they're even close to being done.
sintzu wrote:At most they've finished the voices and writing but there's no way they're 10 weeks ahead of what's going to air now. If they could work that fast we'd get more episodes per week.
Fairly sure they only record once episodes are mostly done. Even if they could produce episodes that fast doesn't mean we'll get episodes more than once a week, Bones produced MHA at a stupid rate (6 eps were done and given to FUNi before the S2 even debuted) still released weekly.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:19 am

If the TOP ends in March, then writing/script wise they might be. Animating comes next, then sound, etc.

But I think script/writing wise they have to be done 3 months ahead of time.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:24 am

precita wrote:If the TOP ends in March, then writing/script wise they might be. Animating comes next, then sound, etc.

But I think script/writing wise they have to be done 3 months ahead of time.

What wouldnt i give to read those final episode scripts. ToP is my second favorite arc in the whole franchise. So damn pumped for the ending

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:46 pm

sintzu wrote:At most they've finished the voices and writing but there's no way they're 10 weeks ahead of what's going to air now. If they could work that fast we'd get more episodes per week.
That's not how anime works. First they animate and then record voices. It's the reverse of western animation where they write and record voices and then they animate.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:52 pm

FINALLY! I didnt want to be rude but it seems most people in this thread dont know how anime works!

Episodes are so rushed that they might finish animating them the very days of broadcast and even then they might have extremely crude unfinished animation.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:FINALLY! I didnt want to be rude but it seems most people in this thread dont know how anime works!

Episodes are so rushed that they might finish animating them the very days of broadcast and even then they might have extremely crude unfinished animation.
Which we know isnt the case with Super anymore.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:FINALLY! I didnt want to be rude but it seems most people in this thread dont know how anime works!

The same reason why we have recap episodes. Sometimes they run out of time but they need to air something and so we have these recap episodes until they finish the actual episodes. Sometimes it gets so bad we get multiple recap episodes in one season.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?