Super Saiyan 4 (DBGT TV Special Anime Comic Quote/Reference)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jacob Jagers

Super Saiyan 4 (DBGT TV Special Anime Comic Quote/Reference)

Post by Jacob Jagers » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:25 pm

I've read something about Buu Saga Vegito being perhaps stronger than SSJ4. But there are people saying the GT Anime Comic isn't talking about Buu Saga Vegito and that it isn't talking about SSJ4 Goku or Vegeta either.

So my question is : about which Vegito is the GT Anime Comic talking and about which SSJ4 are they talking, and how do we know :?:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Super Saiyan 4 (DBGT TV Special Anime Comic Quote/Reference)

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Jacob Jagers wrote:I've read something about Buu Saga Vegito being perhaps stronger than SSJ4. But there are people saying the GT Anime Comic isn't talking about Buu Saga Vegito and that it isn't talking about SSJ4 Goku or Vegeta either.

So my question is : about which Vegito is the GT Anime Comic talking and about which SSJ4 are they talking, and how do we know :?:
Hello,

I'm moving this to the general franchise discussion area, as this has nothing to do with Kanzenshuu as a website. But welcome!

The quote in question doesn't quite come from the Dragon Ball GT anime comic (which is currently being serialized in Saikyo Jump); rather, it comes from the anime comic for the Dragon Ball GT TV special which was released in 1997. Like the other anime comics, it's the feature transformed into manga (comic) format with dialog bubbles, panels, etc.

Shueisha actually just re-released all of the film anime comics digitally, so they're somewhat-readily available if you have the means and know-how.

The back of many of these film and TV anime comics tend to have supplemental information like character biographies, transformation charts, and all sorts of other promotions. In the Dragon Ball GT TV special anime comic, there are a few pages charting out Goku's progress over the course of the series.

Anyway, so the quote itself:

For whatever reason, people often seem to pass around a photo from the Chinese translation. Jake/Herms translated that-
Herms wrote:Merging With Vegeta!
After Goku and Vegeta use a merging item to merge, they become Vegetto! They can furthermore become a Super Saiyan, making them Super Vegetto! After the two strongest people merge, they become the greatest master in the universe! Perhaps even stronger than Super Saiyan 4!

[Big blue text at bottom] Use the power of justice to eliminate evil!
And that's accurate to the Japanese version, too:

... where it says: 超サイヤ人4以上の強さかも!? (also/still meaning "Perhaps even stronger than Super Saiyan 4?!")

It's an innocent, extra little note just making a point of how super cool and strong Vegetto is. Certain fans like to use this to twist arguments for whatever their particular strength debate needs are, but there's really no sense in getting hung up on it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 pm

I wish we could get this kind of power scaling again where it's clear where everyone stands. In terms of Vegetto, it shows how little chance Buu had against him and despite him being the strongest villain in the story (at the time), vegetto could've finished him in an instant and may not have even needed Ssj to do it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jacob Jagers

Post by Jacob Jagers » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:55 pm

VegettoEX wrote:( snipped by admin )
Thanks for the information, didn't know that! But i'm still wonderring, is it talking about buu saga vegito? Just a question.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:57 pm

sintzu wrote:I wish we could get this kind of power scaling again where it's clear where everyone stands.
But that's not even what's happening in this statement. It's a statement framed as a question just to be hyperbolic in the actual sense of the term.
Jacob Jagers wrote:But i'm still wonderring, is it talking about buu saga vegito? Just a question.
This kind of stuff is purposefully written vaguely. And as I stated in response to the above quote, they're not even committing to the question they're asking.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm

For me It's obvious it isn't about Buu saga Vegito but Vegito overall (hypothetical GT Vegito) or just some random statement that has nothing to do with actual power scaling showed in series.
Goku himself stated that Super Baby 1 had the strongest ki he ever felt. So he was at least stronger than Buuhan. After transforming again into Super Baby 2 and then into Golden Oozaru, he was still about equal to Goku SSJ4.

The thing is, there is no reason to think that Goku didn't mean Vegito. They know how strong they are, they can tell that someone has bigger ki than them. Even in battle of gods saga Goku said that fusing with Vegeta wouldn't be enough to beat Beerus.

So i believe that Super Baby 1 was already stronger than SSJ Vegito from Buu saga.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta