Actors/Seiyuu that you would like to hear in Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallKing
Regular

Actors/Seiyuu that you would like to hear in Dragon Ball?

Post by DragonBallKing » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Who would or could they voice? For example I hope to hear Patrick Seitz in some DB role in the future, probably Jiren.

Hell, it could even be some big time actor like Tom Kenny or Clancy Brown who would never do anything DB related.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Actor's/Seiyuu that you would like to hear in Dragon Ball?

Post by Tian » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:40 pm

I always wanted Tomokazu Seki to be part of a DB production.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Alfredo Gabriel Basurto y Liliana Barba. The first one will never happen because Eduardo Garza hates him and wont cast him in anything he does ever.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:05 pm

Kenta Miyake (voiced Scar FMAB). Dude has such profound & rugged pitch which adds edgyness to the character he voices

I wish our own Hidekatsu Shibata (GT's Syn/Omega) is utilized properly for a fresh new character. Dude would make a world of difference just like Zamasu

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:17 pm

I'm curious to hear James Earl Jones take a shot at Shenron.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Takehito Koyasu, Atsuko Tanaka (love her voice), Miyuki Sawashiro, Kotono Mitsuishi, Hiroshi Kamiya and Jouji Nakata.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:21 am

Nobuyuki Hiyama. I think he was a Custom Character voice in Xenoverse, but I want him to have a full fledged character.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:55 am

Tomokazu Seki, because he's a great actor and one of the best screamers in Japan. I know he wants to play Vegeta, but it'd be cool if he plays another character as well.

Joji Nakata would be amazing as a villain or something, too.

OR EVEN Akio Otsuka. I'm kind of surprised they didn't give him Toppo to be honest.

I also want them to use Nobuyuki Hiyama on someone that isn't a filler character. His legendary chords need to be elsewhere.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:52 am

Alfonso Obregon using either his normal speaking voice, which on its own sounds pretty cool or his "Chilango crazy voice." :lol:

Humberto Velez. I really wanted him to voice Champa even if he wasn't the best actor for the role. I think he could've pulled it off.

Irma Carmona. I would like her to voice a female character using her Ranma 1/2 voice. I feel weird saying this, but I kinda had a tiny little crush on female Ranma when I was a kid. It was mostly because of her voice. I really like female Ranma's voice.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Alfredo Gabriel Basurto y Liliana Barba. The first one will never happen because Eduardo Garza hates him and wont cast him in anything he does ever.
Is this true? Is there any evidence to this? I know Lalo has a reputation of only casting his friends (not sure if this true or not. Or if it is just an exaggeration by Lalo Garza Haters), but why would he hate a voice actor? In this case, Alfredo Gabriel Basurto.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:13 am

Bajosexto wrote: Is this true? Is there any evidence to this? I know Lalo has a reputation of only casting his friends (not sure if this true or not. Or if it is just an exaggeration by Lalo Garza Haters), but why would he hate a voice actor? In this case, Alfredo Gabriel Basurto.
It's true. There are many voice actors that don't work with him like Arturo Cataño, Gabriel and Jessica Ortiz, Georgina Sánchez, Hugo Nuñéz, Jorge Badillo, Noé Velázquez and others...

About the feud between Lalo and Gabriel Basurto, it's because the way they treat fans. Gabriel Basurto signs fans' stuff for free and Lalo asks money if you want him to sign anything yours because he says he doesn't do his job for free.

To me, Lalo is not a bad actor but he's a terrible voice director and he shouldn't believe he is the ultimate voice actor and voice director. I consider some of his roles as miscast like Gaara and Ichigo because even though the voice he uses for both may appear to fit, it actually doesn't. It sounds unnatural.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:30 am

Tian wrote:
Bajosexto wrote: Is this true? Is there any evidence to this? I know Lalo has a reputation of only casting his friends (not sure if this true or not. Or if it is just an exaggeration by Lalo Garza Haters), but why would he hate a voice actor? In this case, Alfredo Gabriel Basurto.
It's true. There are many voice actors that don't work with him like Arturo Cataño, Gabriel and Jessica Ortiz, Georgina Sánchez, Hugo Nuñéz, Jorge Badillo, Noé Velázquez and others...

About the feud between Lalo and Gabriel Basurto, it's because the way they treat fans. Gabriel Basurto signs fans' stuff for free and Lalo asks money if you want him to sign anything yours because he says he doesn't do his job for free.
I guess there's a lot of actors that we won't get hear in Super thanks to Lalo being in charge. You know, I don't hate or love Lalo, I'm neutral I guess, but there's alway something he says or does that makes me like him less. Like finding out that he charges for autographs or that he won't cast people he doesn't get along with.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:18 am

Takehito Koyasu, Toshiyuki Morikawa, Kikuko Inoue and Akira Ishida.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:30 am

Kevin Conroy as Jiren

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Mamoru Miyano
Takehito Koyasu
Tomokazu Sugita
Hiroshi Kamiya
Aoi Yuki
Yu Kobayashi
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Tara Strong as GT Pan, because her FUNimation voice was pretty bad :)
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:00 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Tara Strong as GT Pan, because her FUNimation voice was pretty bad :)
It's strange, according to some sites Pan got a completely new VA for the Super dub but they brought the old actress back for Kai the final chapters. :eh:
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:16 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:Tara Strong as GT Pan, because her FUNimation voice was pretty bad :)
It's strange, according to some sites Pan got a completely new VA for the Super dub but they brought the old actress back for Kai the final chapters. :eh:
Perhaps her voice actress was only available for Final Chapters.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:36 pm

English: Patrick Seitz, Brad Swaile, Wendee Lee, Karen Strassman, Bryce Papenbrook

Japanese: Nobuyuki Hiyama, Kotono Mitsuishi, Jun Fukuyama, Ryōko Ono, Seki Tomokazu

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Nightmare Wheel wrote:Nobuyuki Hiyama. I think he was a Custom Character voice in Xenoverse, but I want him to have a full fledged character.
I've always thought that Nobuyuki Hiyama would make an awesome Goku (and I like Nozawa Masako's acting).

Brad Swaile would make a great English Zamasu