Best girl in dragon ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB1984
Banned

Re: Best girl in dragon ball

Post by DB1984 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:50 pm

Bulma and Lunch for me.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:01 pm

I think that my favorite female in Dragon Ball is probably #18. She's tough, sarcastic, logical, devoted, a good mom, a good wife, and an excellent fighter. The beautiful thing about her character is that she is whatever she's needed to be in any given situation. I've always felt that Bulma is annoying with how she gets angry at everything. I don't mind Chi-Chi besides the fact that I feel that the writing for her always pits her in terrible situations where you only see the worst of her (which is why I suppose fans hate her). I like blue-haired Lunch, but when she transforms, I find her over-the-top annoying. Jury's out on Pan for me. Videl is cool when she first shows up, but over time, she just becomes bland. I haven't seen Super, so I wouldn't know about their female characters.

So for me, I think it's definitely #18. I think that she's my favorite because she's truly fleshed out character. You can describe most women in DB with one sentence or even one word, but you can't do that with #18 short of just calling her a "bad-ass," though there's so much more to her.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:31 pm

There are too many to list, but my favorite was always Android 18. I also really like Bulma, Launch (both good and bad) and ChiChi.

Design wise Bulma is my favorite. It also helps that she used to change her hairstyle in almost every saga. From the new characters Marcarita and Vados are imo the best designed.

Never got why all the female characters in this show get so much hate. I always found most of them fun to watch.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:38 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:There are too many to list, but my favorite was always Android 18. I also really like Bulma, Launch (both good and bad) and ChiChi.

Design wise Bulma is my favorite. It also helps that she used to change her hairstyle in almost every saga. From the new characters Marcarita and Vados are imo the best designed.

Never got why all the female characters in this show get so much hate. I always found most of them fun to watch.
Because besides DBS and 18 there power hasn't been MAXIMUM enough and therefore they are useless in a hardcore manly show like DeeBeeZee
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:47 pm

This is hard...

I'm inclined to say either Bulma or 18. But if I had to pick, then Bulma. I love her every design and her character is great.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Age 750 (18 or 20 years old)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Age 774 (42 or 44 years old)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Age 776 (44 or 46 years old)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Panchi's got nothing on her.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:36 pm

precita wrote:Image

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:58 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:I think that my favorite female in Dragon Ball is probably #18. She's tough, sarcastic, logical, devoted, a good mom, a good wife, and an excellent fighter. The beautiful thing about her character is that she is whatever she's needed to be in any given situation.

I've always felt that Bulma is annoying with how she gets angry at everything. I don't mind Chi-Chi besides the fact that I feel that the writing for her always pits her in terrible situations where you only see the worst of her (which is why I suppose fans hate her). I like blue-haired Lunch, but when she transforms, I find her over-the-top annoying. Jury's out on Pan for me. Videl is cool when she first shows up, but over time, she just becomes bland. I haven't seen Super, so I wouldn't know about their female characters.

So for me, I think it's definitely #18. I think that she's my favorite because she's truly fleshed out character. You can describe most women in DB with one sentence or even one word, but you can't do that with #18 short of just calling her a "bad-ass," though there's so much more to her.
:clap: :thumbup: Well said. I make 18 a very close second place.

What I like about her is her redemption arc; she learns to respect other people and sees the value in their lives, thanks to Krillin falling for her and trying to do the best for her. It looks like a gamble from Krillin, but it paid off because he won her heart after all. It's romantic in an unconventional manner. And of course later on she becomes his wife and pushes him around lol but they actually really love each other and it's a lot better developed and natural than with Vegeta/Bulma and Goku/ChiChi.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Chi-Chi and Lunch...

I guess I have a thing for the crazy ones. :wtf:

I'd have picked Bulma but personality-wise, she was only tolerable to me in certain sagas. I actually found her annoying a lot (especially in the Pilaf and Namek Sagas).
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:01 pm

Android 18, tough but beautiful all at the same time.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:38 am

Wow this question is a tough one... man I think for me it would be caulifla. I think she has a lot of potential in the cuteness department. But I think almost all of the female characters are really good contenders for best girl.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:16 am

I'm glad this thread exists after that whole Alexa FighterZ stuff.

After keeping an eye on this thread, I have decided that I can't decide on one. They're all great!

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:11 am

Android 18

She's tough , beautiful and has a great taste in fashion.
My English is poor .

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:23 am

Best girls are Cus, Caulifla, Kefla, Brianne (NOT Ribrianne), and #21.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:26 am

Kefla for me.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:31 am

Dragon Ball has delivered such great and memorable female characters, which is yet another element in its favor that makes it so appealing all around.

My immediate answer for "best girl in DB" was Bulma. Upon thinking about it, she has had a lot of plot convenience stuff thrown in her favor which makes her, well, much more relevant to the plot. Also has the benefit of being there from the very beginning. Then, I thought about Chi Chi -- not nearly as plot relevant as Bulma, but such a great character mostly because of her family dynamic. I'm still going Bulma on this one... she has displayed pretty much the complete spectrum of personality traits throughout the series. She can be super-abrasive, yet super-soft. She can range from serious to funny. Super strong-willed and very intelligent. By far the most important female character throughout the series, and always will be. Plus, she called Freeza a "dipshit" pretty much to his face. She's the best.

Chi Chi is runner-up -- she's such a great character that I feel has had a bit too much misplaced criticisms thrown her way by the general fandom. Another strong and respectable female character on a series primarily about super-men and various end-of-the-world happenings. She fits right in with the wuxia inspired themes and ideas of the series. A complete traditional simpleton who's devotion is second to none. Goku treads carefully.

Videl and #18 are about locked even for me -- both have their own great personalities tied together with their own individual competitive fighting spirits. #18 can be tough on Kuririn at times, but she means well. The Gohan/Videl relationship as it was developing was some fun stuff.

An honorable mention for most adorable, obviously, is baby/toddler Pan (I haven't seen GT) followed by -- only because limited by screentime -- "my girl" Cus (the :angel: that resides in U10 <3<3<3). Nice seeing the Cus mentions in this thread.

Vados and Marcarita have been good as well -- finally got to see them interacting briefly recently, which was interesting. Super has had a very strong female presence with the further additions of Caulifla, Kale, and Brianne/RiBrianne most notably.

And I didn't even go into how awesome Lunch is. Yeah, this franchise has had no shortage of well put-together female personalities.

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 pm

My choice would be Bulma. I love her varied personality in that she can brash and unforgiving one moment and yet motherly the next. I think she also probably has the most impact on the plot without being a fighter.

Videl is likely a close second but I must admit, I’m not a fan of how her personality shifted after she married. I prefer her spunky and feisty attitude and just the overall curious nature she had, being surrounded by all these super men. I also do love her and Gohan’s relationship!

18 is awesome too! I wish we saw more of her but when she does show up, it’s memorable. I always have liked her “this is how it is” attitude

ChiChi while not a favorite of mine by ANY means, I have to admit, is really subject to the writers. Some writers really draw out her negative traits while others write her much more balanced. So, I still include her...
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Bulma without a doubt.

Caulifla is second and Ribrianne third.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Looks: 18
Character: Kale/Pan (GT)
Story: Bulma/Pan (GT)
DragonBallFoodie wrote:Lunch. She's two girls in one body.
Well, if it works anything close to dissociative personality disorder then that's not even a metaphor but then there are really two serperate consciousnesses stored in one brain, so two individuals created through a psyche break.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Vados,unlike the others though,i don't care how she looks but i love how much of a troll she is.