What is the most beautiful transformation?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

What is the most beautiful transformation?

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 pm

This topic is not necessarily about the preferred transformations of the users, but about which one has the best visual

- Which one has the best aura?
- Which is the most beautiful (visually)?
- Which one has the best concept or introduction?

Some gifs to compare

Super Saiyan

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Super Saiyan 2

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Super Saiyan 3

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Super Saiyan God

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Super Saiyan Blue

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Super Saiyan Rage

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Super Saiyan Rosé

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Super Saiyan Royal Blue (or SSB2, Ascended SSB, whatever)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ultra Instinct

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Akyon
Regular

Re: What is the most beautiful transformation?

Post by Akyon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Golden Frieza has honestly the best transformation sequence for my money.

Of the ones said here, maybe Ultra Instinct for most visually beautiful and I'd argue best aura too(Vegeta's sparkly new one isn't too bad either). Not sure on the best concept, but SSJ or SSJG would probably win by just the build up to it rather than it appearing out of no where.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Super Saiyan Rose

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Since I don't think we are limited to just Saiyan Transformations, here are mine'

The Best Transformation Sequence?! ~~~ Brianne's Tranformation Into Ribrianne, Easy! 8)

Best Aura?! ~~~ Super Saiyan 3, It combined what Made SSJ-2 Cool and Put it on Overpowered Mode, The Aura and Lighting the Defines Intensity and Raw Power, it is what made the SSJ-3 Mode So Cool to me, it was just dominating!

Best Introduction?! ~~~ Teen Gohan SSJ-2, Such a HIGH Standard to beat with that music and unleashing of pure rage feeling like the world just broke new ground, Business just picked-up good for the Heroes! 8)

Most Beautiful (Visually) ~~~ SSJ-3, Again for the same Reasons as Best Aura, its Beatiful cause it Defines Power!

Others Like SSJ-Rose and The New Royal Blue Vegeta are Runner-Ups to for Best Auras and Visually well done. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:12 pm

Super Saiyan Rage.

UI is cool too, but i thought that the hair would be more spikier.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Best introduction has to be Super Saiyan 2 with Gohan. Kageyama's vocals, the visuals, Nozawa's Gohan's eternal scream, the silent reactions from everyone are just too powerful to remove from your mind.

Visually and conceptually, it's easily Ultra Instinct. Every time it's on screen, the animators put extra effort to make it look incredible and make sure it moves incredibly. Not to mention it pays off concepts that the series has been building up on till now.

SSJ 3 has the best design though.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 pm

Super saiyan rosé due to the rather good-looking color palette used for its aura and that it looks good auraless unlike blue for much of Super. Ultra instinct looks unique and powerful.

I'd add SSJ4 as well.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am

Visually speaking, it's Super Saiyan 2. So majestic it is when a transformation is simple, yet fierce with all the lightnings over the whole body and the sound of it.

The introduction of Super Saiyan Rosé is also cool and he has the most beautiful aura. Well, one cannot expect anything less than mighty beauty when it comes to purple.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:10 am

I know this is supposed to be about Dragon Ball Super, but Gokū's first transformation into Super Saiyajin 4 is, in my opinion, the most beautiful and unique by far. Initially, the situation looked so hopeless; Baby had Gokū so completely outmatched and there was nobody left who could come to Gokū's aid. The tension was really great, especially when Gokū, battered and beaten, lay there on the ground looking up at the Earth he could no longer protect. Suddenly, his heart starts pounding and he transforms into an Ōzaru and promptly turns golden. Okay, so he can match Baby now, but it's not like he can control himself; we've seen him like this before and it ended with his tail being cut off because he simply wasn't himself anymore. The situation really didn't look any more hopeful than it did before.

Enter Pan. The emotional connection between grandfather and granddaughter broke through to the beast Gokū had become and afforded him control over himself. The only time we've seen anything like this happen before was Vegeta back when he first attacked Earth, and the only thing it resulted in was his being in control of his Ōzaru form. Instead, we got, in my opinion, the most mystical, captivating, and beautiful transformation scene in Dragon Ball. I can't even begin to tell you what it was all about, but it was so strangely beautiful that I'd even go as far as to say that it was calming instead of energizing like past transformation sequences. At its conclusion, we see Gokū as we've never seen him before; he's the Gokū we knew from when he grew up onward but he's also not.

As someone who watched it live when it aired exactly 21 years ago (January 1997) in Japan, I was in awe; Super Saiyajin 4 Gokū was like nothing I'd ever seen before. I had no idea what he was going to do, what he could do, or what he'd even become. It was amazing and no transformation has made me feel that way before or since.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:03 am

Ssj2 is the same epic form the first one was but the sparks and sharper hair give it more of a complete feeling to it so that's my favorite.

Ssj3 would be my 2nd pick as I think it's the most intimidating one and the long hair on Goku makes him look a lot more serious than he usually is.

Royal Blue is my 3rd pick as the darker Blue hair color and the bigger muscles gives it a more powerful look than the normal Blue.

Next would be Ssj4 as it's the most different of the group and the most "final" one.

I'd put Red and Rose on the same level, both look great and were used pretty well but they're just not as impressive as the 3 above.

I couldn't care less about rage.

UI isn't a Ssj form but it looks amazing none the less.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:08 am

For me it would have to be Goku going SS3. The screaming, the music not to mention the freakin hair. It was, in my opinion perfectly executed.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:22 am

Which one has the best aura?
Super Saiyan Rosè. It has the most unique aura, because nowadays' transformation mostly have yellow and blue auras, not rose. It truly made Black stand out. Honorable mention, i also like Fused Zamasu's Super Saiyan Rosè, which is actually... particular. Because Fused Zamasu is constantly in Super Saiyan Rosè (as Black fused in his Super Saiyan Rosè transformation). He has spiky white hair, and initially he had an aura which resembled the shining colors of the rainbow, but after he damaged himself with the Light of Justice, the aura turned rose. I thought it was very cool.
Which is the most beautiful (visually)?
Super Saiyan Rosè. It looks splendind, majestic. Admittedly, i never thought rose could look so good on a villain!
Which one has the best concept or introduction?
Super Saiyan Rosè. Again... i adore its concept. It is not explained very well in the anime, but it is in the manga. Future Zamasu states that when a natural-born deity surpasses Super Saiyan God, they unlock Super Saiyan Rosè instead of Super Saiyan Blue. This ties back to the concept of a Shinjin possessing a Saiyan body, who is Black obviously. But i also love the symbolism behind Super Saiyan Rosè. Roses, often associated with death and beauty, represent perfectly the character of Zamasu, a beautiful and splendid God that towers above existence to deliver death upon the mortals who are unnecessary and worthless. The introduction was also astonishing, and i remember people were as hyped for Super Saiyan Rosè as they are today for Ultra Instinct or 'Beyond Super Saiyan Blue' Vegeta... if not even more. The soundtrack that played in the background was amazing too.

I... i just love Super Saiyan Rosè. It's such a cool and unique idea and transformation. And it is Zamasu's own, special, unique transformation that no one else can possibly achieve. I would also say it came as a surprise, because people were expecting Black to achieve 'Super Saiyan White', given Toriyama's statement that the villain of the Future Trunks' arc would have white hair. But, of course, in the end he was referring to Zamasu himself, not to Black.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:02 am

I find Goku's Ssj3 to be the best. There's just something about it which attracts me towards it.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 am

Ultimate Gohan..

The heavens opened up with sparkles and stuff when he regained the form..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BWri

Post by BWri » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:18 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
- Which one has the best aura?
- Which is the most beautiful (visually)?
- Which one has the best concept or introduction?
I love this post! Great choice of pics. For most beautiful of those you listed, I'd have to go with SSR. To me it defines beauty perfectly, it's great to look at and dangerous, sinister even and in Black's case, it belongs to a narcissist. Second place for me would go to UI. It has that quiet, stoic, muted beauty. SSJ3 is 3rd place with the manliest beauty of them all.

For me, the worst is SSRB. That gaudy form represents cheap beauty, artificial diamonds if you will.

But the most beautiful transformation and one you didn't list is Super Human Launch. 2 beautiful women in one.

Edit: Forgot your questions

Best Aura = I'd actually give this to Super Saiyan God. I wanted to see them expand upon it for though and maybe introduce some gold into it, but as is it's still the most unique.
Most Beautiful Visually = SSR. I like how its a twisted version of SSB, but it has its own uniqueness and the darkness of the colors works for it in a bright show like Super.
Best Concept or Introduction = This is really two questions, so I'll answer separately
Concept = SSG, I like for it's basically fire and its why I wanted to see it expanded on more. I'd always imagined it would eventually look like an out of control flame, kinda like SSBKK from the U6 tourney arc.
Introduction = This one's tough. I think I'd give it to a three way tie of SSJ1, SSJ3 and SSR. All three were just the most epic things I've ever seen. Funny, I notice that these are all Goku's moments in some shape or form and I'm not Goku's biggest fan.
Last edited by BWri on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:22 pm

Best sequence HAS to be Golden Freeza's new Transformation

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 pm

I think Rose and Frieza's Golden transformation when fighting the assassins.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Ultra Instinct in every department. It has the best aura, is visually stunning and distinct, and is built on a unique concept that was foreshadowed for nearly 100 episodes.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Super saiyan rosé is the most beautiful of them all (no, it's not because i'm biased), while Vegeta's new form is the ugliest (too shiny).

Ultra instinct is the best one thought
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:47 pm

As this does not appear to have anything specifically/exclusively to do with Dragon Ball Super, it has been moved to the general discussion sub-forum.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::