The voice actors for Trunks LUCKED OUT

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

The voice actors for Trunks LUCKED OUT

Post by mecha3000 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:24 pm

So, the dub for Super's Future Trunks Arc starts tonight and I got to thinking: Voice actors like Eric Vale and Takeshi Kusao (especially him) REALLY lucked out when they landed the role of Trunks. Now, I know what you're thinking: That statement can be said for anyone who portrays a character in pretty much anything. But that's not exactly my point.

Eric Vale for example began playing Trunks in DBZ back in the early 2000s era as Future Trunks in the Android/Cell Arc. Then, the Cell Arc ended. In Eric Vale's case, he was done for a while until the EoZ/GT era (which is is still unique and I'll get to it later). However, Kusao now had Young Trunks to voice in the Present Timeline, maintaining his role as Trunks despite the removal of Future Trunks from the storyline. Back to Vale, he comes back for EoZ and GT like Kusao - which is unique because his role was originally Future Trunks, but since Present Trunks grew up - He keeps his role into GT.

Then, Xenoverse rolls around and the voice actors get even more to do in the series because their role as main characters and Time Patrollers. And now, Kusao and Vale have been fortunate enough to return in Super because of the uniqueness of their role as Trunks. Eric Vale is voicing Future Trunks in Super, but if we ever get a new series that goes past EoZ - He'll be back again as an older Trunks like EoZ for (DBZ, DBZK). His role as Trunks is pretty much always guaranteed (through Future Trunks, Present Trunks, games, etc.) in the same way Sean Schemmel/Masako Nozawa always has Goku.

Some may see this as a pointless thread, but it's just fascinating to me. Also, correct if I'm wrong but I'm pretty Kusao voices Trunks all throughout Dragon Ball.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The voice actors for Trunks LUCKED OUT

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:25 pm

mecha3000 wrote:So, the dub for Super's Future Trunks Arc starts tonight and I got to thinking: Voice actors like Eric Vale and Takeshi Kusao (especially him) REALLY lucked out when they landed the role of Trunks. Now, I know what you're thinking: That statement can be said for anyone who portrays a character in pretty much anything. But that's not exactly my point.

Eric Vale for example began playing Trunks in DBZ back in the early 2000s era as Future Trunks in the Android/Cell Arc. Then, the Cell Arc ended. In Eric Vale's case, he was done for a while until the EoZ/GT era (which is is still unique and I'll get to it later). However, Kusao now had Young Trunks to voice in the Present Timeline, maintaining his role as Trunks despite the removal of Future Trunks from the storyline. Back to Vale, he comes back for EoZ and GT like Kusao - which is unique because his role was originally Future Trunks, but since Present Trunks grew up - He keeps his role into GT.

Then, Xenoverse rolls around and the voice actors get even more to do in the series because their role as main characters and Time Patrollers. And now, Kusao and Vale have been fortunate enough to return in Super because of the uniqueness of their role as Trunks. Eric Vale is voicing Future Trunks in Super, but if we ever get a new series that goes past EoZ - He'll be back again as an older Trunks like EoZ for (DBZ, DBZK). His role as Trunks is pretty much always guaranteed (through Future Trunks, Present Trunks, games, etc.) in the same way Sean Schemmel/Masako Nozawa always has Goku.

Some may see this as a pointless thread, but it's just fascinating to me. Also, correct if I'm wrong but I'm pretty Kusao voices Trunks all throughout Dragon Ball.
I'm sure Trunks isn't the only character allowing them to bring food to their table.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The voice actors for Trunks LUCKED OUT

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:44 pm

I know but its always cool to keep working on such a series like DB!

Also hi mecha3000!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: