Who Would You Cosplay or Not Cosplay from DB?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Who Would You Cosplay or Not Cosplay from DB?

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Kinda inspired by the who would you voice thread, thought I'd ask who from DB would you guys cosplay, or who you wouldn't cosplay. Myself, I've already done Mr. Satan, though haven't decided if I would do anyone else. As for who I wouldn't cosplay, Black Goku. I have a feeling folks would make bad jokes if I did him.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Who Would You Cosplay or Not Cosplay from DB?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:26 pm

I could pull of a killer Recoome. Would just need to grow my hair a bit more and dye it. Don't think I could do many other characters tho.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:28 pm

Bulma and ChiChi are fun to cosplay. I’ve also done Videl. Much as I would love to do a Cell Game era Gohan, that hair is killer. You can get wigs for it but if you want a good one, you’ll pay quite a bit. I’ll likely try to improve my Videl cosplay or try another version of Bulma. With so many looks, you can try a bunch of different ones.
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:45 pm

When I was at PSX I cosplayed in the Turtle School gi. Not as any specific character, but more that I myself was a student of Master Roshi. I make this point clearer, I wore a winged Arale hat, although that got me a surprising amount of Dr. Slump comments at the show!

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:27 pm

I'm too lazy, clueless about cosplay, and broke to actually cosplay but if I did I'd probably be Great Saiyaman. Being Krillin or one of the bald characters would be great but I have EXTREMELY thick and fluffy long hair (hence my username) so wearing a bald cap would make me look like a Talosian from Star Trek.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Goku Black, Gohan in all his gis except the orange one and EoZ Goku shouldn’t be too difficult to pull off. I would avoid non-human characters like Freeza, Cell, Buu etc... and characters with Freeza’s army armors, as those are difficult to replicate well.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:51 pm

I dont cosplay but if i were itd be Goku or Vegeta as they're the easiest.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:52 pm

I would cosplay as the farmer with a shotgun that fought Raditz.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:56 pm

I always wanted to Cosplay as Perfect Cell, but the costume would be Bloody Hell to Put together and be very hard to meet my standards to be, well, PERFECT! :lol: :wink:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:33 am

Mr Satan would be a fun and easy cosplay, and the voice is pretty much a hulk hogan/randy savage hybrid.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Android 21

Post by Android 21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:42 am

Myself....

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:55 am

I can pull off a Gohan any day..
As for who I wouldn't, or to be specific couldn't cosplay as, it would be kid buu, changing your appearance is one thing, shortening your height that much is another..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:36 pm

I've only ever cosplayed DB once in my life: I was GT Vegeta for Halloween back in I think either 1999 or 2000 (the later biker leather version, not the earlier mustachioed version).
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:40 pm

I cosplayed as Champa last year. I might do Gyu-Mao this year.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:03 pm

I'd love to cosplay as Piccolo sometime. I'm quite tall, and I've got the voice for it, and he is my favourite DB character, so I'd love to do that.

Logistically, it'd be pretty difficult, though.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:18 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:I can pull off a Gohan any day..
As for who I wouldn't, or to be specific couldn't cosplay as, it would be kid buu, changing your appearance is one thing, shortening your height that much is another..
Don't worry about your height. Heck, I've cosplayed Kenshin and one of the Digimon Frontier kids and I'm 6'1".

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:19 pm

My friend always says if I dyed my hair I could pull off Trunks

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 am

I would cosplay as Uub, i mean, the only thing i'd need to do is change a little my hair and that's it. I tried to become a real black Goku once but it looked pretty weird, i guess i'd need to let my hair grow even longer to do it right lol.
floofychan333 wrote: Being Krillin or one of the bald characters would be great but I have EXTREMELY thick and fluffy long hair (hence my username) so wearing a bald cap would make me look like a Talosian from Star Trek.
You can always shave your head :P
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:01 pm

The Kame uniform would be an easy answer, but I also think Mr. Satan would be a fun one to do.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:31 pm

The easiest for the female characters would definitely be any version of Videl
I already have the black biker shorts that I wear on a regular basis
Just need the black fingerless gloves, the wig either short hair version or long hair version, a magenta oversized t shirt, an oversized white tank top, a white oversized T shirt for the long haired version, and the green boots which will be the only thing that’ll be somewhat difficult to get or make

Videl is no question the easiest to cosplay for the female characters and the cheapest especially her long haired version
I’ve been thinking about dressing as her a few times for sure plus I’m almost exactly the same height and body type as her

The character I’ve ALWAYS wanted to cosplay though would be Android 18
I absolutely love her style, fashion sense, and look of her outfits especially her classic denim vest/skirt combo and her very stylish black vest with capri pants outfit during the Cell Saga
I already have most of her clothes from these outfits all I need is basically the wig and the contacts

Bulma would also pretty easy, cheap, and fun as there are about 15-20 styles to choose from with her but I would probably go with the classic pink dress Bulma for sure as it’s my favorite outfit on her

Chichi in her blue Chinese dress would be a fun one to do too as you can do her fighting poses

Pan would be fun and easy too but I don’t really want to wear a crop top as I don’t like exposing too much skin

The only male character I would want to cosplay would definitely be Trunks specifically Future Trunks in his classic denim jacket outfit
I already have a cropped denim jacket that I bought a couple years back specifically bc it looked like Trunks’
Already got the loose black cargo pants, and a black tank top all I need is the wig, the belt, boots, and of course the sword

Plus anyone could pull off a random citizen seen in the background that’ll be extremely easy !