Color board game: guess the Dragon Ball saga.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Color board game: guess the Dragon Ball saga.

Post by Desassina » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Guess the saga that the poster above you is thinking of through the color board that he chose. It could be based on pure colors, shades or tints, but try to balance them to avoid an unpleasant experience. What this means is that you can choose colors that weren't part of the Dragon Ball experience for the sake of its board.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This is a contrasting harmony with pinks, yellows and blues. It should be easy to figure out. I put the nearest colors farther apart and those which were distant on a color wheel together. The main villain should be easy to guess.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Re: Color board game: guess the Dragon Ball saga.

Post by Onibaku » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Goku Black saga?

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:44 pm

I didn't think about the Goku Black saga, but it is a good guess, because of cyan and yellow put together. Notice that there is pink, purple and a grey-ish color. I would have represented Future Trunks' saga with more green for its sky.

Hint: the area does not represent their importance.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Universe 6 tournament? Hit, Frost, Botamo, SSBlue and Monaka
Last edited by mute_proxy on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Well it must be Zeno, so it's he current arc and Zeno is "the main villain" because they erase every losing universe.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Ok, I think that it's better for everyone to post their own mood board and tell us why they chose its colors, due to the trial and error nature of it. I was thinking about Majin Buu: he's pink; he has faced Super Saiyans; purple was in his cape; grey was the color that he turned into; and while cyan goes without an appearance, a major one at that, it was used to balance things out. Gotenks had purple, Kibito was pink, Kaioshins had cyan in their attire, Dabura had yellow eyes, etc.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Desassina wrote:Ok, I think that it's better for everyone to post their own mood board and tell us why they chose its colors, due to the trial and error nature of it. I was thinking about Majin Buu: he's pink; he has faced Super Saiyans; purple was in his cape; grey was the color that he turned into; and while cyan goes without an appearance, a major one at that, it was used to balance things out. Gotenks had purple, Kibito was pink, Kaioshins had cyan in their attire, Dabura had yellow eyes, etc.
[spoiler]That's my moodboard for the Buu arc, pink for Buu, blue sky(as there aren't night battles), white for Genkidama, yellow for Super Saiyan hair, orange for Goku's gi[/spoiler]
I can see the difficulty now when we are only dealing with colors with no shading or lighting for example the Super Saiyan hair color is from a pic of SS[spoiler]3[/spoiler] Goku, where his hair has 3 colors, normal, light and shaded. The sky can also appear too dark as it's a gradient, but I only took a specific section of it.
Still the colors you used, looked so much like Zeno's color scheme, that I thought it had to be them.
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]
But with the two up like this, I can see the pink doesn't match up with Zeno, huh. I recalled wrongly, but it wasn't far off.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Your guess was very good! Holy crap, I didn't even notice that it was Zeno, but I'm glad that this isn't a contest anymore. Great job :)