How would you feel if Michie Tomizawa became the new voice for Bulma

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EnergizerConvoy
Not-So-Newbie

How would you feel if Michie Tomizawa became the new voice for Bulma

Post by EnergizerConvoy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Yes I know it's sad that Hiromi Tsuru died last November, but if you're gonna talk about a new Japanese VA for Bulma, feel free. But I like to share this consideration on if Bulma's new VA was Michie Tomizawa.

Yes I know Sailor Mars as Bulma would be pretty cool, but don't forget she replaced Yuko Mizutani in the Tenchi Muyo OVA 4 volumes recently in 2016. So there could be a silver lining to this when it happens.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How would you feel if Michie Tomizawa became the new voice for Bulma

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:31 pm

I would love it. Especially since in the Latin American dub that's exactly what happened. Monica Manjarez aka Rei from Sailor Moon became the new voice of Bulma taking over from Rocio Garcel. I would also love to see Keiko Han in the role since she (Rocio Garcel) Luna was Bulma in the Latin American dub as well.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:58 pm

I had wanted to discuss who could succeed Ms Tsuru, but I felt that making such a thread might be in poor taste.

I've only heard Tomizawa in Black Lagoon as Roberta, so I don't know if she would play a good Bulma :P However, if she can manage it, kudos to her.

(For Bulma I'd have picked Yuu Kobayashi or Rie Kugimiya)
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Tomizawa didn't return to voice Rei for Crystal. I highly doubt she has any plans to return to full time seiyuu.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 pm

She could probably work, but I think they'll get Miyuki Sawashiro or Aya Hirano.

That being said, I wonder if Miina Tominaga could work in the role, since she's replaced Tsuru as Dokin-chan in the Anpanman anime.
Last edited by 8000 Saiyan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Nobody did Senshi. But I do agree with you, Michie isnt a full time seiyuu anymore.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

EnergizerConvoy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by EnergizerConvoy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm

So it's been confirmed that Aya Hisakawa is the new Bulma.

Not Tomizawa, but it is close.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Tomizawa's the Sailor who I think sounds most like Bulma. I didn't know she was still partially active; I thought she was retired.

I'm ok with Hisakawa too. I was partly surprised they picked from a similar age group as Tsuru, but it looks like the trend for Dragon Ball replacement voices is experienced actors actresses.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

EnergizerConvoy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by EnergizerConvoy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:08 am

Chuquita wrote:Tomizawa's the Sailor who I think sounds most like Bulma. I didn't know she was still partially active; I thought she was retired.

I'm ok with Hisakawa too. I was partly surprised they picked from a similar age group as Tsuru, but it looks like the trend for Dragon Ball replacement voices is experienced actors actresses.
She even voiced Roberta from Black Lagoon you know.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:42 am

I'm probably in the minority here, but I genuinely think Hisakawa is a better fit than Tomizawa. Looking at some old clips with Sailor Mars, she seems to have a lower pitch, especially when angry. Bulma's voice, even when angry, always had a certain sweetness to it that Hisakawa also has.
When I was rewatching DB after many years and heard Bulma with the original voice again, I immediately thought it was the same VA as Bleach's Unohana Retsu, which is voiced by Hisakawa.