What are my hopes for the return of Weekly DB Anime

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

What are my hopes for the return of Weekly DB Anime

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Because we dont know if

A-It will Return

And

B-It will still be called Super when it does.

-The Toonami USA ratings will grow again. CMON BABY 1.7 MILLION AGAIN.
-It will air on Kids Channels outside the USA. Or at least where the most people can see it.
-It will ignite the new anime boom.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

mecha3000
Regular

Re: What are my hopes for the return of Weekly DB Anime

Post by mecha3000 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:34 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Because we dont know if

A-It will Return

And

B-It will still be called Super when it does.

-The Toonami USA ratings will grow again. CMON BABY 1.7 MILLION AGAIN.
-It will air on Kids Channels outside the USA. Or at least where the most people can see it.
-It will ignite the new anime boom.
Don't know how I missed this thread, but I can't say I'd still want it to be Super. I'm personally rooting for "Dragon Ball V (5)" because we've never had a DB series based on a number before. We've already had a letter (Z), abbreviation (GT), and adjective (Super). The V would stand for fifth series. Side note: I remember when we used to talk about where Super should air back in 2016 and me and you were rooting for a kids channel and now Super's ending. Man, where does the time go?

I understand why Super airs on Toonami: For nostalgia fans who grew up on Cartoon Network and nothing else. Still, if DB ever came back - I would want it to air on a kids channel or at least on a kids channel and Toonami (like Kai aired on Nicktoons and CW4Kids simultaneously - a digital and cable channel). I still believe Disney XD is the direction you go with Dragon Ball. Look how much they promote and marathon Pokémon, They even had an anime block (don't know if they stll do)!!! So, Toonami (cable) and Disney XD (digital) is what I'd want, but it's not going to happen. Still, Toonami only airs one episode a week while Nicktoons always aired two, just like Cartoon Network always aired multiple new episodes. A kids channel can possibly bring this back and have Super air daily (reruns or not).

Also, no one ever thought Nicktoons would be the channel airing Kai back in the day.