Should we expect any major reveals from KamehaCon?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Should we expect any major reveals from KamehaCon?

Post by mecha3000 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:18 pm

I know this convention is strictly a Texas thing by fans that is not at all affiliated with Toei, but still: Think we can expect anything? I know it wouldn't be related to a new series or an announcement from Toei, but perhaps maybe Funimation will announce new DB releases? Or perhaps, even reveal something else - like exclusive dub footage from the Future Trunks Arc for attendees only. I'm just wondering if there will be anything interesting besides just being a DB convention?

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Re: Should we expect any major reveals from KamehaCon?

Post by Ozotto » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:08 pm

I'm super excited for this convention, I live in Canada, and I'm making my way to Irving for the weekend.
I even bought VIP tickets.

It seems to be a Funimation convention, I'd expect at least one announcement in relation to possible Funimation DB releases.

I'm pumped to hear more news about this convention.

I think the most likely news from Funimation would be Dragon Ball Super Part 4 or Dragon Ball Z Kai Seasons 5 & 6.
A pipe dream announcement would be Dragon Box, GT Blu Ray, or Rock The Dragon Blu Ray.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:09 am

Ozotto wrote:I'm super excited for this convention, I live in Canada, and I'm making my way to Irving for the weekend.

It seems to be a Funimation convention, I'd expect at least one announcement in relation to possible Funimation DB releases.

I think the most likely news from Funimation would be Dragon Ball Super Part 4 or Dragon Ball Z Kai Seasons 5 & 6.
A pipe dream announcement would be Dragon Box, GT Blu Ray, or Rock The Dragon Blu Ray.
It is not a Funimation convention. It is a fan-owned and operated convention. Funimation's voice actors are involved, but not the company itself.

As far as news stuff... difficult to say right now because things change weekly.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:25 am

It's a first-year fan-run convention. Go in expecting no sort of official presence and be surprised if you get something.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:11 am

Ozotto wrote:Rock The Dragon Blu Ray.
Personally, I'd prefer a Westwood/Blue Water dub boxset. A Rock The Dragon Blu-Ray honestly wouldn't interest me all that much, and really, I don't think it would have any real chance of happening. I could see something like that being a bonus feature on a Blu-Ray release via branching, but I don't think a standalone Rock The Dragon BD would be all that worth it.

But no, I don't expect any major reveals. I imagine it'll be a fun time; the voice actors will probably have a lot of fun stories to tell, the panels will probably kick a lot of ass, but I don't imagine any big announcements will happen.

I hope there'll be some good recordings of the panels. That'll soften the blow of the fact I can't go.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:53 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Ozotto wrote:I'm super excited for this convention, I live in Canada, and I'm making my way to Irving for the weekend.

It is not a Funimation convention. It is a fan-owned and operated convention. Funimation's voice actors are involved, but not the company itself.

As far as news stuff... difficult to say right now because things change weekly.
Thanks for the clarification.

Also i'm a huge fan... Keep the videos coming man... slight fangasm seeing you reply to me hahaha.

Do you have any inside information regarding kamehacon, (that can be shared) such as what the T-shirts, bags, badges and lanyards look like?
Do you know if their is talks or attempts on bringing in Japanese talent such as voice actors, animators, etc?

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Ozotto wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.

Also i'm a huge fan... Keep the videos coming man... slight fangasm seeing you reply to me hahaha.

Do you have any inside information regarding kamehacon, (that can be shared) such as what the T-shirts, bags, badges and lanyards look like?
Do you know if their is talks or attempts on bringing in Japanese talent such as voice actors, animators, etc?

I'll tell you a funny story.

The original lanyard/bag design had to be redone because somebody leaked the first image and it wound up on pirated merch. So you'll get a new design soon.

And Yes.. There is talk. Bringing in the Japanese is VERY VERY hard. You have no idea and i mean beyond the language barrier. And you have to go through their agents and some don't speak English.

Obviously i cant release any information I'm not allowed to release, but i can tell you that panels will feature several OGs from this board - including Devil's Corpse, Kendamu, Gaffer Tape, and Ajay. So if you come, you meet them and check out their panel.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:37 pm

I know it's tough trying to bring in Japanese voice actors, but I would've immediately gotten my tickets if Masako Nozawa was coming! Because it would be such an honor to meet such a legend.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I know it's tough trying to bring in Japanese voice actors, but I would've immediately gotten my tickets if Masako Nozawa was coming! Because it would be such an honor to meet such a legend.
Start saving up for Kamehacon 2.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:Start saving up for Kamehacon 2.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:15 pm

If I could meet Akira Toriyama ...life would be complete.

And Emmy Rossum would be neat... since she's the hottest version of Bulma.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:08 am

I just want to make this VERY VERY clear.

I am NOT INVOLVED in any of the planning for this convention or guest booking outside of hosting the con and organizing the panels.

Any decisions made internally are not made by me. I can make suggestions from time to time, but outside of that, I am not involved in that beyond hosting.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:21 am

Geekdom101 wrote:I just want to make this VERY VERY clear.

I am NOT INVOLVED in any of the planning for this convention or guest booking outside of hosting the con and organizing the panels.

Any decisions made internally are not made by me. I can make suggestions from time to time, but outside of that, I am not involved in that beyond hosting.
I hope that you at least tells more information about the con when you are allowed to.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.