New VA for Bulma

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

New VA for Bulma

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:47 am

You can hear her there: https://twitter.com/AmazonJP/status/963744645904658432
It's a commercial feat. Bulma and Vegeta.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: New VA for Bulma

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:53 am

It's important to note that we have no confirmation that this is a/the permanent replacement for Hiromi Tsuru's Bulma, or something done on a whim in order to perhaps complete a contractual arrangement for a commercial in time.

Kame-sen'nin had several temporary voices following Kohei Miyauchi's death, such as Hiroshi Masuoka at the end of Dragon Ball Z into Dragon Ball GT and Kinya Aikawa in the 10th anniversary film, before Masaharu Satō was quasi-solidified in a few other products and then leading into Dragon Ball Kai.

Tenshinhan had several temporary voices following Hirotaka Suzuoki's death, such as Eiji Takamoto in Sparking! METEOR, before Hikaru Midorikawa was solidified in Dragon Ball Kai.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:54 am

It was already posted in another thread, but maybe it deserves its own.

I really liked it because it sounds Hiromi Tsuru very much, I was afraid the new voice actress would be very different and would deliver a whole new Bulma, but fortunately it is not the case. So I look forward to see whoever she is in the near future in case she is cast for Dragon Ball Super!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 am

Won't Bulma appear in ep 128? I remember something about how the staff were considering whether or not they would keep some already recorded lines, so I wonder if this scene was what they were talking about.

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Don't forget that they also recast her Dokin-chan role on Anpanman.

Also, what's the new VA's name?

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Hisakawa Aya according to some JP fans, but its not confirmed yet. Sailor Mercury/Ami herself. Also, Kero-chan from CCS and my personal favorite Yuri fron Heartcatch Precure.

I still have my doubts about her getting Blooma down completely, but the actor is excellent and experienced. And, she is affiliated with Aoni Production as well.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Ah, that does sound like Hisakawa Aya. I hope she drops the Tsuru Hiromi impression, though. She's just fine with her normal voice.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:27 pm

If it's Hisakawa, then she's doing a good job.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:46 pm

I wasn't able to look at the clip until now, but I also think it's Hisakawa. She has a similar timbre so it makes sense. Listening to old Sailor Moon clips where she plays Ami/Mercury , you could definitely hear why she'd be a good choice.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:31 pm

I'm fine with Hisakawa as the replacement VA. There's a certain way of speaking that Bulma has that I've heard in similar era female anime characters (I've actually thought whoever voiced 90's Sailor Mars sounded the closest, but I think she's retired) so it makes sense to pull from that age group.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Michsi wrote:Won't Bulma appear in ep 128? I remember something about how the staff were considering whether or not they would keep some already recorded lines, so I wonder if this scene was what they were talking about.
You're right! Vegeta is supposed to have a vision of Bulma this week.

I left my opinion on the other thread, but if this does happen to be the new permanent VA, I'm totally fine with it. She does a great job.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Whoever it is in the new commercial, I really hope they do stick though - that's a really great impression of Tsuru, and if she can keep that up while also bringing life to the character in the more intense moments, then she'll be as close to perfect as we're likely to ever get again. It's really too early to tell for sure though, as like Mike said, these things tend to take a bit to stabilize.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:15 pm

I like it. I appreciate how she's channeling Hiromi Tsuru in her voice.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:22 pm

I know it's not the first time they've had to recast a major character but it's still pretty sad. I fully welcome the new actress.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Sounds pretty good if they use her as Tsuru's replacement.

I wonder if they'll use her for the final episode of Super (I would guess we'd see the people that were left behind on Earth in the finale at least).
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:45 am

A good choice for her, using a veteran.

Hiromi Tsuru also voiced Ukyo from Ranma 1/2. Though that series probably isn't seeing a revival soon, I think I'll go back and rewatch some of her episodes.

MrWalnut4
Beyond Newbie

Post by MrWalnut4 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:00 am

From that small clip her impersonation is super close with a just little less vocal inflection than Tsuru had. I would love to see her fill that role if she was offered permanently.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:30 am

VegettoEX wrote:It's important to note that we have no confirmation that this is a/the permanent replacement for Hiromi Tsuru's Bulma, or something done on a whim in order to perhaps complete a contractual arrangement for a commercial in time.

Kame-sen'nin had several temporary voices following Kohei Miyauchi's death, such as Hiroshi Masuoka at the end of Dragon Ball Z into Dragon Ball GT and Kinya Aikawa in the 10th anniversary film, before Masaharu Satō was quasi-solidified in a few other products and then leading into Dragon Ball Kai.

Tenshinhan had several temporary voices following Hirotaka Suzuoki's death, such as Eiji Takamoto in Sparking! METEOR, before Hikaru Midorikawa was solidified in Dragon Ball Kai.
It looks like we may indeed have confirmation now! :) https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 8683688960

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:42 am

Apparently the Bulma scene coming up in Super 128 will be reused Hiromi Tsuru audio, but from then on Hisakawa will be taking on the role.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:49 am

Kataphrut wrote:Apparently the Bulma scene coming up in Super 128 will be reused Hiromi Tsuru audio, but from then on Hisakawa will be taking on the role.
Source, please.