Teen Titans Go - Leprechauns go Super Saiyan and Kick Butt

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Teen Titans Go - Leprechauns go Super Saiyan and Kick Butt

Post by KBABZ » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:48 pm

There was one episode where Robin had a bad hair day; one of his attempted cleanups resulted in Goku hair.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Overly childish is not the term I'd use. light hearted at times? Absolutely. but overly childish is just wrong, especially the later stuff
Didn't they have to change the main villains name from Deathstroke to Slade just so it was more kid friendly?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Bullza wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Overly childish is not the term I'd use. light hearted at times? Absolutely. but overly childish is just wrong, especially the later stuff
Didn't they have to change the main villains name from Deathstroke to Slade just so it was more kid friendly?
Uhh Deathstroke name is Slade Wilson.Really don't know the motive of not including that name however I wouldn't call the show childish for that reason.
Mostly active on discord.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:49 pm

I wouldn't call Teen Titans 2003 garbage. More like overrated.

It's a good show, but it pales in comparison to the DCAU and Young Justice. And I always found Ron Perlman to be a terrible Deathstroke. Good actor sure, but completely one-dimensional and monotone as Deathstroke.

And the anime references were always cringeworthy to me.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:02 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Torturephile wrote: The music when they transformed and fought reminds me of Bathory's "Norland".
That song actually reused the melody from this song or is older, than the one I'm linking to now and was simply uploaded on youtube at a later date.
In any case I believe the one I linked to is more well known and I think they got the inspiration from there.
The song I linked predates the one you linked by a few years, but you got a point about their popularity. By the way, I never imagined hearing punk rock and Celtic folk combined together. I'll check that band you linked out.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:06 pm

TTG is funny to me. Just for seeing nerds getting mad over kids cartoon. It's a decently funny Kid show other wise. Never cared for the original TT anyway, lol.

Anyway, that sure was neat.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Bullza wrote:
As the gr said, that’s his real name. And the Slade episodes are definitely not “overly childish.”

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:02 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:TTG is funny to me. Just for seeing nerds getting mad over kids cartoon. It's a decently funny Kid show other wise. Never cared for the original TT anyway, lol.

Anyway, that sure was neat.
Yeah, I'm kinda with this. I actually genuinely enjoy TTG largely because it's so wacky and goofy and a nice break from some of the more plot-heavy cartoons like Adventure time and Steven Universe.

But if there's one thing I do love about TTG, it's the creators' constant trolling of the Teen Titans fanbase. Like, when you release an entire episode that is literally just a dubbed-over version of a Teen Titans episode, that is some next-gen level of trolling right there.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 am

God, that was so cringey. I remember watching Teen Titans Go on TV and it looked like it was intentionally made for really young children rather than just children overall.

Cartoon Network used to make good cartoon series.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 am

Wow, US CN really wants people to love this cartoon, whenever you like it or not, CN outside US isnt like that luckly :) Mr Enter made lots of videos why TTG suck, and i agree with him, whats worse, is that scenarists go out thir way, and insult people who dont like it.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

thezander

Post by thezander » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:26 pm

I think I just learned more about the history of the gold standard than I ever knew before. I like that rapid lecturing under the guise of leprechaun nonsense. This isn't a cartoon I can get behind watching myself but as far as those clips go. I liked the old teen Titans show, I appreciate the dbz homage those are always cool, and the lesson thing.

I think this is a good kids cartoon from these clips.

EnergizerConvoy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by EnergizerConvoy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:17 pm

That is not how you parody Dragon Ball Z.
TheDipDap1234 wrote:Billy and Mandy, Gumball and Codename Kids Next Door did this better.
And One Punch Man too.
The gr wrote:
Bullza wrote:
Uhh Deathstroke name is Slade Wilson.Really don't know the motive of not including that name however I wouldn't call the show childish for that reason.
Standards & Practices.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:11 pm

Bullza wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Bullza wrote:And I thought the old Teen Titans cartoon was garbage...Jesus....
Um what? What was garbage about the original Teen Titans?
Animation, Tone, Jokes, the Storylines and the way the characters were portrayed.

It was an overly childish show. I know it was made for children but so was Bat!an TAS or X-men. Teen Titans was an embarrassment in comparison.
The second season dealt with betrayal and had one of the most nuanced characters in kids television at the time (early 2000s) whose character arc effectively ended with her (G-rated) suicide

The fourth season dealt with the end of the world,the Titans facing basically Satan, and the idea of nature versus nurture.

The series finale of Teen Titans was literally a quiet somber episode about needing to let go of the past and accept that some things we remembered weren't exactly as great we remembered them to be.

The show is for children, yes, 6-11 year olds was the target demographic but it was hardly childish.

As far as the animation, what didn't you like about it? The animesque designs and style? The actual animation itself was fine and vastly superior to Batman TAS and X-men TAS.

Also Batman TAS was one of the many reasons for later shows to be toned down.