Why do westerners like Bulma x Vegeta so much?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Why do westerners like Bulma x Vegeta so much?

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:53 am

My question is why you care so much about shipping when the show itself doesn't?

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:04 am

Doctor. wrote:My question is why you care so much about shipping when the show itself doesn't?
Well people like the characters, people are invested in them. Its as simple as that really.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:08 am

Bruma rabu wrote:
Doctor. wrote:My question is why you care so much about shipping when the show itself doesn't?
Well people like the characters, people are invested in them. Its as simple as that really.
Yes, I get that. I don't get 'shipping wars'. Why complain about a specific pairing?

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:20 am

Doctor. wrote:
Bruma rabu wrote:
Yes, I get that. I don't get 'shipping wars'. Why complain about a specific pairing?
Because its human nature to disagree with each other. Our backgrounds and upbringings the things that make us who we are will conflict with some else's. As long as 2 people exist there will be an argument.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:25 am

Shipping? As in, dispatch?
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:39 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:
Shipping? As in, dispatch?
No, as in relationship. It's a concise way of saying you are emotionally invested in a relationship, usually a fictional one.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

doomydoomydoom
Beyond Newbie
Location: Meditating in front of a waterfall, listening to Gohan and his dragon's whistling New Wave crap...

Post by doomydoomydoom » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 am

"Shipping" is slang for putting two characters in a relationship, typically in fan fiction but can also apply to commercially released films, TV, novels, manga and comics, etc... EDIT: Whoops already beaten.

As for Bulma and Vegeta I thought when their relationship was first introduced that it was a jump the shark moment but then I guess I got used to it.
Auric Goldfinger wrote:
James Bond wrote:Do you expect me to talk?

No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!
I tought dat when I beat dis monkee, I was goin to da Urf, but it caused me a trouble. WE ARE DA ONE WHO WILL CAUSE DA TROUBLE. But if I don't eat rice, da powah won't come. So DON'T SAY SUCH A SILLY TING! OHKAY? And let that child alone.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:41 am

ABED wrote:Shipping? As in, dispatch?
No, as in relationship. It's a concise way of saying you are emotionally invested in a relationship, usually a fictional one.[/quote]

I remember once or twice reading it on a CW IMDb board but forgot about it till I read it here. What an odd use of the word 'shipping.'
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:47 am

I don't like using "ship" either. It sounds too cutesy and young girl on tumblr. Even if it's longer I prefer to say things like "I like these two characters together"
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.