Goku's and Vegeta's family intermarrying?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Goku's and Vegeta's family intermarrying?

Post by SsjCookie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:39 am

If Dragonball GT will never happen in the future (and I hope by god It won't) will their families ever intermarry?
Perhaps not this current generation, but maybe the generation after them?
It would at least make for some interesting dynamics if Goku and Vegeta actually become family by their grandchildren.

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Goku's and Vegeta's family intermarrying?

Post by Lightdasher » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:19 am

All down to speculation, yeah? If it ever would happen, I'm sure it would be a nice inside for us viewers, perhaps not too obvious a coincidence on its own for the characters themselves. I imagine that it wouldn't happen until after Pan's generation, since there currently seems to be a boy for a boy and a girl for a girl with the Sons and Briefs (ie, Goten and Trunks, Bulla and Pan). One could imagine same-sex marriages, but that territory seems rare for Dragon Ball to tread, unless it's like a gag Toriyama wanted to make.
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:57 am

Lightdasher wrote:All down to speculation, yeah? If it ever would happen, I'm sure it would be a nice inside for us viewers, perhaps not too obvious a coincidence on its own for the characters themselves. I imagine that it wouldn't happen until after Pan's generation, since there currently seems to be a boy for a boy and a girl for a girl with the Sons and Briefs (ie, Goten and Trunks, Bulla and Pan). One could imagine same-sex marriages, but that territory seems rare for Dragon Ball to tread, unless it's like a gag Toriyama wanted to make.

Or people wouldn't mind the age difference between them.
Yes 14 years is quite a gap but it's not unheard of, If they are both the age of consent I wouldn't have a problem with "let's say', Trunks and Pan hooking up.
I would be quite hypocrite if I would have a problem with it since my own parents are 11 years apart. :think:

Even so, I hope that it will happen in the future to some degree, the two families would stay connected that way.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:05 am

Maybe Goten will get togheter with Bra/Bulla in the future? They are the ones with the least years gap between them. Trunks and Pan could work as well, but his love interest role is clearly intended for Mai now
Get Fucked, C_unt

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:Maybe Goten will get togheter with Bra/Bulla in the future? They are the ones with the least years gap between them. Trunks and Pan could work as well, but his love interest role is clearly intended for Mai now

Goten and Bra would still be 13 years apart you know, even so, if they'll ever be together I wouldn't have a problem with it.
It would in fact be hilarious to see how Vegeta would react to his "little girl" hooking up with a Goku lookalike :twisted:

As for Trunks and Mai, we simply don't know if they'll be together in this timeline.
They are not the same people as their future counterparts, so nothing is set in stone when it comes to them.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:20 am

SsjCookie wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Maybe Goten will get togheter with Bra/Bulla in the future? They are the ones with the least years gap between them. Trunks and Pan could work as well, but his love interest role is clearly intended for Mai now

Goten and Bra would still be 13 years apart you know, even so, if they'll ever be together I wouldn't have a problem with it.
It would in fact be hilarious to see how Vegeta would react to his "little girl" hooking up with a Goku lookalike :twisted:

As for Trunks and Mai, we simply don't know if they'll be together in this timeline.
They are not the same people as their future counterparts, so nothing is set in stone when it comes to them.
That would be awesome to see :lol: :lol:
As for Trunks and Mai, if I remember correctley, in the manga she stated that she liked him or something like that after F.Trunks left. I just assume they'll get together because they are constantly pushed towards each other by the writers, but it could end up going nowhere.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:34 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
SsjCookie wrote:

That would be awesome to see :lol: :lol:
As for Trunks and Mai, if I remember correctley, in the manga she stated that she liked him or something like that after F.Trunks left. I just assume they'll get together because they are constantly pushed towards each other by the writers, but it could end up going nowhere.
Circumstances of them being together are way different, Future Trunks and Mai went through hell together and they bonded because of that.
Current Trunks and Mai never had the same hardships, so yeah...we can only hope and speculate.
In GT Trunks was still single, but I guess we can treat GT as a possible timeline that will never happen. (hopefully)

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:32 pm

SsjCookie wrote:If Dragonball GT will never happen in the future (and I hope by god It won't) will their families ever intermarry?
It would at least make for some interesting dynamics if Goku and Vegeta actually become family by their grandchildren.
GT DID happen and the last we see of the Son family is Pan as a grandmother. We also see the descendants of Goku and Vegeta fight but seeing as how the briefs family doesn't recognize Pan we can safely assume there wasn't any intermarrying going on.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Jord wrote:
SsjCookie wrote:If Dragonball GT will never happen in the future (and I hope by god It won't) will their families ever intermarry?
GT DID happen and the last we see of the Son family is Pan as a grandmother. We also see the descendants of Goku and Vegeta fight but seeing as how the briefs family doesn't recognize Pan we can safely assume there wasn't any intermarrying going on.
No it didn't lol. It's on the same level of canon as the movies. It's a "fun" side story and that's it
Get Fucked, C_unt

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Goten and Marron is my personal preference. She's only 3 years younger and while Marron isn't in Vegeta's family, I think Goku and Krillin's family intermarrying is much more interesting considering their bond since they were kids.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:No it didn't lol. It's on the same level of canon as the movies. It's a "fun" side story and that's it
There is no true canon in DB. And to me GT is more "fun" than Super could ever hope to be.
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:56 pm

It could of been perfect if goten was a girl and it would of introduced a female super saiyan much earlier. I wonder how Vegeta would react to it like would he had encourage Trunks to get with her?
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Vegeta would never allow his family to mingle with Kakarot's.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Goten and Marron is my personal preference. She's only 3 years younger and while Marron isn't in Vegeta's family, I think Goku and Krillin's family intermarrying is much more interesting considering their bond since they were kids.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:No it didn't lol. It's on the same level of canon as the movies. It's a "fun" side story and that's it
There is no true canon in DB. And to me GT is more "fun" than Super could ever hope to be.
While it's true that there's no real canon in DB, we still know the canon flow of events that happened in Toriyama's world. Supr is a direct contintination of the original 42 volumes, and thus part of the story. Now, take a look at GT: Unless there's some Infinity Gauntlet shit going on, I really don't see how it would fit into the main story. Did Shin and Kibito randomly decidice to fuse back together?
Did Goku and Vegeta forget about SSG/SSB/Ultra Instinct? Did Beerus and Whis disappear from existence? No matter how fun you find something, you need to know its level of canonicty (which obviously doesn't impact the quality). I myself like a lot of non canon material (Almost all of the movies ate a big part of Dragon Ball for me) but I recognize that these events clearly didn't happen in the main continuità, and it doesn't bother me one bit
Get Fucked, C_unt

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote: While it's true that there's no real canon in DB, we still know the canon flow of events that happened in Toriyama's world. Supr is a direct contintination of the original 42 volumes, and thus part of the story. Now, take a look at GT: Unless there's some Infinity Gauntlet shit going on, I really don't see how it would fit into the main story. Did Shin and Kibito randomly decidice to fuse back together?
Did Goku and Vegeta forget about SSG/SSB/Ultra Instinct? Did Beerus and Whis disappear from existence? No matter how fun you find something, you need to know its level of canonicty (which obviously doesn't impact the quality). I myself like a lot of non canon material (Almost all of the movies ate a big part of Dragon Ball for me) but I recognize that these events clearly didn't happen in the main continuità, and it doesn't bother me one bit
I mean yeah, it happened in another timeline, but waving it off because of that is a little unfair.

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Goten and Marron is my personal preference. She's only 3 years younger and while Marron isn't in Vegeta's family, I think Goku and Krillin's family intermarrying is much more interesting considering their bond since they were kids.
Now that you bring this up, I'd very much like this too. I think it'd even be more special than a Goku/Vegeta connection because, while Goku and Vegeta's bond is rivalry, Goku and Krillin's is friendship.
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Lightdasher wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Goten and Marron is my personal preference. She's only 3 years younger and while Marron isn't in Vegeta's family, I think Goku and Krillin's family intermarrying is much more interesting considering their bond since they were kids.
Now that you bring this up, I'd very much like this too. I think it'd even be more special than a Goku/Vegeta connection because, while Goku and Vegeta's bond is rivalry, Goku and Krillin's is friendship.
I like the concept of this too... and they are so close in age that it would work out perfectly.

Is it headcanon time? 8)
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:35 pm

GamerSkull wrote:
Lightdasher wrote:
I like the concept of this too... and they are so close in age that it would work out perfectly.

Is it headcanon time? 8)
I already have plenty of them my friend. My otp lol

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:02 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:

thus part of the story. Now, take a look at GT: Unless there's some Infinity Gauntlet shit going on, I really don't see how it would fit into the main story. Did Shin and Kibito randomly decidice to fuse back together?
Did Goku and Vegeta forget about SSG/SSB/Ultra Instinct? Did Beerus and Whis disappear from existence?

The only way they can ever forget that all these things happened is if Zeno erases the memory of everyone., and take the ability for god ki from Goku and Vegeta.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:58 am

SsjCookie wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:

thus part of the story. Now, take a look at GT: Unless there's some Infinity Gauntlet shit going on, I really don't see how it would fit into the main story. Did Shin and Kibito randomly decidice to fuse back together?
Did Goku and Vegeta forget about SSG/SSB/Ultra Instinct? Did Beerus and Whis disappear from existence?

The only way they can ever forget that all these things happened is if Zeno erases the memory of everyone., and take the ability for god ki from Goku and Vegeta.
Kibito and Shin will still be defused though, and I doubt they would randomly decide to fuse back together again. Even if it happens by mistake, they'll just wish it back again with the DB
Get Fucked, C_unt

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:13 pm

What if Goku and Vegeta share an ancestor through Yamoshi