I'm the Dr. Slump Wiki's new admin, and could use some help

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

I'm the Dr. Slump Wiki's new admin, and could use some help

Post by John Pannozzi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:36 am

I'm now the admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

This is largely off-topic, so I just want to say that I'd love it if anyone here wanted to help out making that wiki the best it can be.

If you're interested, please stop on by.
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I'm the Dr. Slump Wiki's new admin, and could use some help

Post by KBABZ » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:45 am

Probably not very helpful, but I've always wanted to get into Dr. Slump! Specifically the original TV series, but it sounds like that'll be incredibly difficult due to the lack of a home video release. I do see that the original manga is available on comiXology, though!

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:54 am

Here's suggestion number one. Don't take anything from the Dragon Ball wikia...at all. It's infamous for making stuff up.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:37 am

Try to differentiate all versions of a given character or concept for all canons, ala Wookiepedia. That's the polar opposite to the mess that DB wikia tries to be with its (unsustainable and contradictory) unifiying interpretation.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:44 am

Dr. Slump has been released in the following countries, whether in its entirety or partially.

Home Releases

Japan - Complete (DVD)
Spain - Vol. 1-4 (DVD), 2 Movies (VHS/DVD) [Partly]
France - 14 Episodes (DVD), Mégabox Vol. 1-2 (DVD) [Partly], Ongoing Blu-ray Release
America - Movies 1-5 [Partly] (DVD)

Source: Amazon

Music

Complete Song Collection (CX-32371)
Musical Collection ~Theatrical Feature~ (COCC-72079)

Source: VGMdb

Welp, think that's about it, that I can remember. Sadly there was never an official CD release of "Dr. Slump & Arale-chan - BGM Collection" so the Kikuchi music from the Dr. Slump series can't be enjoyed to its fullest.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:52 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:Sadly there was never an official CD release of "Dr. Slump & Arale-chan - BGM Collection" so the Kikuchi music from the Dr. Slump series can't be enjoyed to its fullest.
That sucks, I always liked the music heard in the two Dr. Slump episodes in Dragon Ball. Quite literally makes you feel like you've stumbled into another show!

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:56 am

KBABZ wrote:That sucks, I always liked the music heard in the two Dr. Slump episodes in Dragon Ball. Quite literally makes you feel like you've stumbled into another show!
Another show Kikuchi composed for was Kiteretsu (the same creator as Doraemon) and even though a BGM Collection CD was planned to be released in 2014, it was cancelled for some unknown reason. Regrettably, a lot of Shunsuke Kikuchi's music will end up being missing or even destroyed.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:00 pm

I'm afraid I don't know much about Dr. Slump, but here's some general Wiki advice that may save you a lot of time and hassle in the long run:

First, move from Wikia to somewhere else as soon as you can. Preferably somewhere that allows people who don't have an account to make edits on articles that aren't protected.

Second, be very strict about un-cited information, otherwise you'll end up with a mess on the level of the Dragon Ball Wiki, and most Wikias.

Third, don't let any copypasted info in. Whether it be from the Dragon Ball Wiki, or Wikipedia, just don't do it. Find their sources, and rewrite it in your own words. You can add quotes, but if you want a legitimately good Wiki, you'll want original writing(With proper sources) to comprise the vast majority of the content on the Wiki.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:50 am

KBABZ wrote:Probably not very helpful, but I've always wanted to get into Dr. Slump! Specifically the original TV series, but it sounds like that'll be incredibly difficult due to the lack of a home video release. I do see that the original manga is available on comiXology, though!
The manga is genuinely hysterical. Like, I thought reading Dragon Ball was funny, but Dr. Slump makes me bawl with laughter.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:09 pm

You're everywhere ain'tcha John? :lol:
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:15 am

Robo4900 wrote:I'm afraid I don't know much about Dr. Slump, but here's some general Wiki advice that may save you a lot of time and hassle in the long run:

First, move from Wikia to somewhere else as soon as you can. Preferably somewhere that allows people who don't have an account to make edits on articles that aren't protected.

Second, be very strict about un-cited information, otherwise you'll end up with a mess on the level of the Dragon Ball Wiki, and most Wikias.

Third, don't let any copypasted info in. Whether it be from the Dragon Ball Wiki, or Wikipedia, just don't do it. Find their sources, and rewrite it in your own words. You can add quotes, but if you want a legitimately good Wiki, you'll want original writing(With proper sources) to comprise the vast majority of the content on the Wiki.
It wouldn't be easy to move it from Wikia. But our own The S is in charge of the TMNT Wikia Wiki, and seems to have done a decent job of making it decent, so I think I can survive.

I intend to keep everything sourced if possible. I just want help from people who know better Japanese and/or have access to more Slump resources.

I kinda want to copy some articles from the DB Wikia Wiki on non-DB Toriyama manga ( Go Go Ackman, etc.), but reedit them for errors and such.
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:49 am

Why did Arale become a brunette on the New Dr. Slump series? One of the most unique and distinctive things about Arale was her purple hair and they changed it on the '97 series.