Episode 130 of super will be broadcasted live in many mexican cities at public places and a stadium

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Re: Episode 130 of super will be broadcasted live in many mexican cities at public places and a stadium

Post by Bajosexto » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:18 am

precita wrote:I can't comprehend why? It's just an anime, and even then it's just a single 22 minute ep and not a movie.

Why on earth would an entire country get hyped over this? Even Japan isn't doing this.
Because people on that country really love Dragon Ball?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Episode 130 of super will be broadcasted live in many mexican cities at public places and a stadium

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:35 am

Publicly broadcasting the episode is illegal and all, but god damn, you just can't help but smile at how much people love this series. It's amazing.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:56 am

It's a shame that Toei are looking into putting an end to this event. It sounds very cool.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:18 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Publicly broadcasting the episode is illegal and all, but god damn, you just can't help but smile at how much people love this series. It's amazing.
Lord Beerus wrote:It's a shame that Toei are looking into putting an end to this event. It sounds very cool.

I can't believe that Toei don't see the fact that this gives Dragon Ball Super FREE PUBLICITY! Or are they ashamed of the quality of what's to come?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 am

sangofe wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Publicly broadcasting the episode is illegal and all, but god damn, you just can't help but smile at how much people love this series. It's amazing.
Lord Beerus wrote:It's a shame that Toei are looking into putting an end to this event. It sounds very cool.

I can't believe that Toei don't see the fact that this gives Dragon Ball Super FREE PUBLICITY! Or are they ashamed of the quality of what's to come?
Nah. It's all about copyright laws and shit like that. Technically, what is being organised with the public streaming of the last episodes of Super in Mexico is illegal.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:50 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
sangofe wrote:

Nah. It's all about copyright laws and shit like that. Technically, what is being organised with the public streaming of the last episodes of Super in Mexico is illegal.
Yeah, it's illegal but it'd benefit Toei more if they'd let it happen, I'm sure.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:56 am

sangofe wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
sangofe wrote:

Yeah, it's illegal but it'd benefit Toei more if they'd let it happen, I'm sure.
I'm sure they would benefit from this in the long run. But Toei are more interested in instant cash. And this does nothing for them in the short term. Especially since Super is ending.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Actually, Toei didnt put a stop to anything. They just said "Please dont watch this illegally pretty please!" So you, say, live in Mexico you can indeed still watch it on that event.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Actually, Toei didnt put a stop to anything. They just said "Please dont watch this illegally pretty please!" So you, say, live in Mexico you can indeed still watch it on that event.
Yup, I just take it as Toei covering their asses. Publicly make it known, that this is not an official event and Toei will fight for their copyright, but privately be thrilled, that this only serves to bring even more fans to the franchise, which will eventually result in paying customers later on.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:42 am

I've got a feeling they're doing this to get votes but I think airing the last two episodes in public spaces is cool and makes ToP look like Royal Rumble (Yeah, watched that event through the Fox Premium Channels but sadly I don't have DirecTV anymore :( )

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm sure they would benefit from this in the long run. But Toei are more interested in instant cash. And this does nothing for them in the short term. Especially since Super is ending.
dbgtFO wrote:Yup, I just take it as Toei covering their asses. Publicly make it known, that this is not an official event and Toei will fight for their copyright, but privately be thrilled, that this only serves to bring even more fans to the franchise, which will eventually result in paying customers later on.
A bunch of people watch something illegal, how is that beneficial? On the off chance some might decide to watch it sometime legally? It is the same with all the people that stream DBS before the simulcast, do all of them then immediately watch the legal simulcast?

Why don't Disney screen the new Avengers for free in giant stadiums then? And hope somehow it sprouts more paying customers.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:A bunch of people watch something illegal, how is that beneficial? On the off chance some might decide to watch it sometime legally? It is the same with all the people that stream DBS before the simulcast, do all of them then immediately watch the legal simulcast?

Why don't Disney screen the new Avengers for free in giant stadiums then? And hope somehow it sprouts more paying customers.
Watching it illegally? It's available legally and free of charge at Crunchyroll as well as at FUNimation's own website (this may require a VPN if you live outside US/CA).
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:36 am

That's just insane.

Toei should encourage this kind of thing, it would help their next movie make even more money.