Favorite Freeza Form

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GamerSkull
Regular

Favorite Freeza Form

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:10 pm

I hadn't seen a thread about this and I feel like Freeza's older forms often go unappreciated.

What is your favorite form of Freeza that's not his final form?

Mine would be the third form he goes into when fighting Piccolo... and a part of that might also be because I'm a fan of the Alien franchise and he looks like a xenomorph.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Favorite Freeza Form

Post by KBABZ » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:31 pm

I think the original, "most suppressed" form is pretty cool too. The use of repeated lines along his limbs feels very classic DBZ and is a visual link to the Saiyan Armour, another classic DBZ hallmark. He's also a little bit more chibi in this form compared to his final one, which adds to the creep factor. The later forms I dislike because his voice gets pitched down, but there is a reason for that: making the final unsurpressed form even creepier than it already was.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:22 am

I enjoy his second form. It's really intimidating and I think it could have been his final form if it was more streamlined.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 am

His second form is my favorite. His entrance and attack showing off his power level as 1,000,000 was pure awesomeness, as well as impaling Krillin make it my most memorable form. Final form is the form I think of first with him though.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 am

I'd say his second form. When you're first watching/reading Dragon Ball and this guy transforms, is stated to have a battle power of 1,000,000, impales Kuririn and doesn't really have too much trouble with anyone until Piccolo shows up really makes him seem invincible, especially when you find out he still has two transformations left.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:01 am

I like his final buff form best but his 2nd devil like form is a close second.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:13 am

It's a tough call between his first and second form. I like the designs of both, and I love in his first form when he's in his little hover pod. He's so pompous and into himself that he doesn't even care to walk or fly on his own. His second form though is also well designed and very intimidating. He stands so tall and looks so confident the whole time. I guess I'll choose his second form.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:20 am

This is unpopular, but I really like his 3rd form, the one that resembles alien. It's a shame that he didn't use it much, I remember beign scared and fascinated at the same time when I first saw it as a kid.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:24 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:This is unpopular, but I really like his 3rd form, the one that resembles alien. It's a shame that he didn't use it much, I remember beign scared and fascinated at the same time when I first saw it as a kid.
It is a shame, I was hoping he'd use it more considering that crazy finger beam he did on Piccolo was so cool. He could've highlighted some fight moves or something using that big ol' head like he uses the horns in his 2nd or tail in his 4th.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:25 am

Nothing tops Freeza's Final Form. That's the pinnacle of Toriyama producing a unique streamlined design for a character.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:05 am

I love the simplicity of the final form, but I have to go with his first form. The pink, white, and purple color scheme works well.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:16 pm

Nothing can top Frieza final form in term of design but If I had to choose it would be his third form, The design is cool and he look like a xenomorph.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:23 pm

So if we're only counting the first three then definitely Assault Mode Freeza, looked cool and creepy sadly never got much screen time.

But favourite form period has to be Golden Freeza, anytime Freeza reverts back to Base it always looks so much planer compared to Golden, the gold and purple really work well in my opinion.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So if we're only counting the first three then definitely Assault Mode Freeza, looked cool and creepy sadly never got much screen time.

But favourite form period has to be Golden Freeza, anytime Freeza reverts back to Base it always looks so much planer compared to Golden, the gold and purple really work well in my opinion.
Golden form is my favorite Freeza form. Though I do love his final form. It was so Toriyama to make his final form to look young and unthreatening but reality so threatening.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:54 pm

I think the first one was the best. The way he was moving in that vehicle. There was just something more about that form.
His final form doesn't make him look like any emperor despite still being very good.

The worst? Golden obviously. It's like april fools joke turned into reality.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:27 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:The worst? Golden obviously. It's like april fools joke turned into reality.
Similar to Semi-Perfect Cell's design, I think that was the point. Frieza is blatantly copying someone else's technique and gets his ass kicked for it. So as ugly as I also think the design is, I think it's supposed to be like that.

ZodaEX
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodaEX » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:06 am

I also like Freeza's 2nd form the best. I think it has to do with the fact that's the first form of his I ever say in popular pop culture. When I finally for around to watching Z I was very surprised to initially see him in hos first form. Finally, after much anticipation when his second form was revealed I remember thinking "ah yeah" this is the true Freeza i've been expecting and waiting for! I also really dig how feminine it is, which to me at least, goes perfectly with the Toriyiyama style of Dragon Ball characters being "more than meets the eye". :)

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:54 am

Freeza's Final Form is my favorite while the Second Form is really good, too. I never really liked Golden Freeza, it looks like a sex toy of sorts.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:22 am

I would say a toss up between his second form and final forms, the second i like due to the form's similarity to his old man and of course the final because it's the most well know of them and where he's at his most powerful.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:02 pm

His third form is seen so briefly, so I think, by proxy, that’s the one that I’m most interested in.
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!