A16 should be in ToP instead of Tenshinhan

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

A16 should be in ToP instead of Tenshinhan

Post by coola » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:07 am

Both Toei and Toriyama have no idea what to do with Tenshinhan, while Android 16 staying death is one of biggest plotholes in Dragon Ball history (Arale is also android, and she got wished back after Buu destroyed Earth) He might be as big of help as 17 was, certainly he wouldnt be so embarasslingly defeated like Tenshinhan in both recruit episode and ToP.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: A16 should be in ToP instead of Tenshinhan

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:14 am

coola wrote:Android 16 staying death is one of biggest plotholes in Dragon Ball history (Arale is also android, and she got wished back after Buu destroyed Earth)
She is also a gag character from a (at the time of the Buu era) one-time crossover.

...speaking of which though, was it ever stated in the story that Androids can't be wished back to life or restored in some way?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:18 am

Arale is a gag character from a separate franchise, and being a robot she's not hard to rebuild. Android 16 was a machine, never a living being, and his power was limited. Rebuilding him for sentimentality's sake would make no sense at all. And it wouldn't be him either way, just a copy.
Last edited by mute_proxy on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:18 am

Why revive #16 when you can bring in Videl or Chi-Chi? Or Violet? Or Silver? Artificial Human #16 had his arc (even if it was stupid), let's play around a bit and throw in more curveballs like Freeza and #17.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:57 am

JulieYBM wrote:Why revive #16 when you can bring in Videl or Chi-Chi? Or Violet? Or Silver? Artificial Human #16 had his arc (even if it was stupid), let's play around a bit and throw in more curveballs like Freeza and #17.
Beeeeecause unlike them, he can actually fight?
Get Fucked, C_unt

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Why revive #16 when you can bring in Videl or Chi-Chi? Or Violet? Or Silver? Artificial Human #16 had his arc (even if it was stupid), let's play around a bit and throw in more curveballs like Freeza and #17.
Videl and Chichi are martial artists. Just because they're weak doesnt mean it wouldnt be potentially a bad idea. With Supers power scaling they could say Chichi was "secretly training this whole time"

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Videl and Chichi are martial artists. Just because they're weak doesnt mean it wouldnt be potentially a bad idea. With Supers power scaling they could say Chichi was "secretly training this whole time"
Super's done some crazy shit with powerscaling and secret training, but this would be jumping the shark. No way in hell Chichi and Videl could last 0.1 seconds in the ToP. Bringing them in would be the same as bringing a bag of piss, or a sack full of shit. They're both useless. And their role in the series has always been clear: they're not meant to be fighters.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Beeeeecause unlike them, he can actually fight?
Super's done some crazy shit with powerscaling and secret training, but this would be jumping the shark. No way in hell Chichi and Videl could last 0.1 seconds in the ToP.
Super has jumped the shark plenty of times already. Might as well go all out

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Super's done some crazy shit with powerscaling and secret training, but this would be jumping the shark. No way in hell Chichi and Videl could last 0.1 seconds in the ToP.
Super has jumped the shark plenty of times already. Might as well go all out
I think it's better to " damage control" the situation, it's never too late to fix things.
Get Fucked, C_unt

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:40 pm

Android 16 is dead, but Yamcha should be in ToP instead of Tenshinhan.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Just wanted to point out that the reason #16 couldn't be brought back to life is that he had no soul to resurrect to begin with, due to him being an artificial human.

But despite that, when everyone, except the very evil people, of Earth were resurrected in the Majin Boo arc, Android 8 got brought back to life, despite him being an artificial human like Android 16:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
It's a plothole.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Just wanted to point out that the reason #16 couldn't be brought back to life is that he had no soul to resurrect to begin with, due to him being an artificial human.
Was that ever clarified by any official sources? I thought that was just something the fans came up with to attempt to explain it?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Just wanted to point out that the reason #16 couldn't be brought back to life is that he had no soul to resurrect to begin with, due to him being an artificial human.
Was that ever clarified by any official sources? I thought that was just something the fans came up with to attempt to explain it?
It's not explicitly spelled out in the manga. But you do need a soul to be resurrected, and robots don't have souls because they aren't organic beings. Otherwise, they would have brought #16 back to life, but they never do that.

It's more of a case of putting 1 and 1 together.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:38 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Robo4900 wrote:
It's not explicitly spelled out in the manga. But you do need a soul to be resurrected, and robots don't have souls because they aren't organic beings. Otherwise, they would have brought #16 back to life, but they never do that.

It's more of a case of putting 1 and 1 together.
I find it hard to believe that Shenron would be incapable of fulfilling such a wish via other means though. I mean, as an example, when he gives Oolong the panties, he conjures it from nowhere, as opposed to taking an already existing pair (which would actually be a very Toriyama move). If he's capable of that, he should be capable of using the same method to generate Android 16 (or Arale when fulfilling the wish in the Buu arc).

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:18 pm

I just wish Tenshinhan had been written better. :( He had his bad ass moments against Cell and Buu, which made it seem like he was finally reaching a respectable power again, beyond what Kuririn had done. But now, he's reduced to sub-Kame-Sen'nin tier. Disappointing.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Beeeeecause unlike them, he can actually fight?
Super's done some crazy shit with powerscaling and secret training, but this would be jumping the shark. No way in hell Chichi and Videl could last 0.1 seconds in the ToP. Bringing them in would be the same as bringing a bag of piss, or a sack full of shit. They're both useless. And their role in the series has always been clear: they're not meant to be fighters.
I'm gonna agree with JacobYM on this one, only for Videl. I disagreed before in a different thread about it, but I'm willing to change my mind about Videl. She's Satan's daughter and had a drive to fight in the Buu Saga. It was sad that she got left in the dust after the Buu Arc when she could've been much better. It was sad to see her fall victim to the stay-at-home syndrome like Chi-Chi and Android 18. It's ridiculous to see such great talent go to waste because writers don't know what to do with these characters. Rather see Videl fighting alongside Gohan rather then seeing Tien be ignored by a majority of the cast and disrespected by the writers.

I feel Videl should've been one of the few humans striving to become stronger. Would've been interesting to see Videl retain her drive whilst Gohan focused on his studies. Not saying she had to be god-level, but at-least close to the strongest humans.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:17 pm

It's funnier if Chi-Chi and Videl reveal that they never stopped training. It also adds new dynamics to the team and another surprise.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:39 pm

Exline wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
I'm gonna agree with JacobYM on this one, only for Videl. I disagreed before in a different thread about it, but I'm willing to change my mind about Videl. She's Satan's daughter and had a drive to fight in the Buu Saga. It was sad that she got left in the dust after the Buu Arc when she could've been much better. It was sad to see her fall victim to the stay-at-home syndrome like Chi-Chi and Android 18. It's ridiculous to see such great talent go to waste because writers don't know what to do with these characters. Rather see Videl fighting alongside Gohan rather then seeing Tien be ignored by a majority of the cast and disrespected by the writers.

I feel Videl should've been one of the few humans striving to become stronger. Would've been interesting to see Videl retain her drive whilst Gohan focused on his studies. Not saying she had to be god-level, but at-least close to the strongest humans.
18 never actually stopped training (she's stronger than Piccolo, especially since the ToP). IDK why people keep thinking she stopped fighting when she never even said that.

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:43 pm

Personally, I would of had Cell and Fit Buu instead of Roshi and Krillin in the ToP. I like Roshi as a character but he is way below the league of the ToP's top 20 fighters. Krillin is just "meh". I would keep Tien though, he's a good character and a great fighter that Toriyama should have gave some power-ups to.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:02 am

But despite that, when everyone, except the very evil people, of Earth were resurrected in the Majin Boo arc, Android 8 got brought back to life, despite him being an artificial human like Android 16:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
It's a plothole.
In the anime, at least, Number 8 has an organic base. General White talks about how "he was brought back to life." He's not the same as 16.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"