Does Dragon Ball Series Have deleted , extended footage?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Does Dragon Ball Series Have deleted , extended footage?

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:31 pm

By watching some clip that kei17 uploaded some time ago on youtube and on the main site here i seen unreleased footage on the dragon box like the unreleased preview for z ep 1 , db ep 1 , tv special 2 and i have notice that lot of part of those trailers used unaired footage that aren't in the episode, it is sometimes alternate things, extended shots etc so i was wondering if it was only made to those trailers or if all was longer while doing episodes and cut to around 24mn38 for the whole episodes

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Does Dragon Ball Series Have deleted , extended footage?

Post by Banana » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Could you please link those videos if they're on YouTube so we can see? Then it would be easier to answer your question :)
Goku: Are you a Yoshi?
Piccolo: Yes, Goku, I'm a green ****ing dinosaur.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Yeah, most likely. It's not too uncommon to have scenes chopped down to fit the designated runtime for the network. I think one example from early on is a shot of Vegeta shown in the preview at the end of episode 7 that never actually shows up anywhere in episode 8. You also have the Beerus and Champa material that was animated for the sake of promoting Super prior to it airing.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Son Perfect

Post by Son Perfect » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:27 pm

Wow, this small thread just opened up a new fascination! Where's Kei17 when you need em?
I love Gohan a bit too much...

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Banana » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:20 am

Son Perfect wrote:Wow, this small thread just opened up a new fascination! Where's Kei17 when you need em?
He left the forum years ago due to conflict and frustration with other members if the rumors are correct, however, yeah, it would definitely be nice if he was still around.

I'd still love to see those videos to help identify the footage, so I'm quoting you HakkaiBills93 to get your attention :)
HakkaiBills93 wrote:By watching some clip that kei17 uploaded some time ago on youtube and on the main site here i seen unreleased footage on the dragon box like the unreleased preview for z ep 1 , db ep 1 , tv special 2 and i have notice that lot of part of those trailers used unaired footage that aren't in the episode, it is sometimes alternate things, extended shots etc so i was wondering if it was only made to those trailers or if all was longer while doing episodes and cut to around 24mn38 for the whole episodes

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:36 am

Wasn't there a scene in the Saiyan Saga with Goku and King Kai smashing rocks that only appeared in a recap or something?

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:17 am

Ajay wrote:Yeah, most likely. It's not too uncommon to have scenes chopped down to fit the designated runtime for the network. I think one example from early on is a shot of Vegeta shown in the preview at the end of episode 7 that never actually shows up anywhere in episode 8. You also have the Beerus and Champa material that was animated for the sake of promoting Super prior to it airing.
Okay thanks, i was wondering if they cut for the time running or just for the preview then used some parts in the final show.

Banana wrote:
Son Perfect wrote:Wow, this small thread just opened up a new fascination! Where's Kei17 when you need em?
He left the forum years ago due to conflict and frustration with other members if the rumors are correct, however, yeah, it would definitely be nice if he was still around.

I'd still love to see those videos to help identify the footage, so I'm quoting you HakkaiBills93 to get your attention :)
HakkaiBills93 wrote:By watching some clip that kei17 uploaded some time ago on youtube and on the main site here i seen unreleased footage on the dragon box like the unreleased preview for z ep 1 , db ep 1 , tv special 2 and i have notice that lot of part of those trailers used unaired footage that aren't in the episode, it is sometimes alternate things, extended shots etc so i was wondering if it was only made to those trailers or if all was longer while doing episodes and cut to around 24mn38 for the whole episodes
kei17 deleted his youtube video but you can allways find them here http://www.kanzenshuu.com/features/my-d ... t-perfect/

about why he left it's better to don't talk about those things, kei never explain himself why he left people just make speculation, he is just left and it's better anyway than teasing others with his stuff and cry after because people keep asking him to share it (it's not like if broadcast recording can be buy)

in the first episode preview of db some plans are differrent
in the z first episode preview almost every single scenes are longer or differrent than in the dbox, for example when you see goku on kintoun rescuing gohan, the footage is less zoomed in the dbox but shorter , radditz shot is unreleased etc...
in the tv special 2 trailer when trunks is front of gohan corpse, in the dbox there is red lightning sometimes, not in the preview and trunks expression isn't the same
when c17 kick gohan in the trailer the shot start early than in the dbox

lot of things are differrent yes

about the kaioh scene yes i was thinking the same as it appear only in the recap

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:38 am

Your projections on what certain members think and why they do or do not post are not necessary. If they want to contribute at any point, they can and will. Please keep your posts on-topic.

One of the recent examples I think of is the 15/30-second teasers for the Universe Survival arc, which had slightly more of Kale's transformation animated in the sequence that was ultimately used in the opening theme.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:47 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Your projections on what certain members think and why they do or do not post are not necessary. If they want to contribute at any point, they can and will. Please keep your posts on-topic.

One of the recent examples I think of is the 15/30-second teasers for the Universe Survival arc, which had slightly more of Kale's transformation animated in the sequence that was ultimately used in the opening theme.
i didn't project what certain members think , i just said that :
about why he left it's better to don't talk about those things, kei never explain himself why he left people just make speculation
he is just left and it's better anyway than teasing others with his stuff and cry after because people keep asking him to share it (it's not like if broadcast recording can be buy)
the first sequence also said that it's useless to spread what had never been confirmed by kei17 himself and the second is what he was complaining and why he locked his pm it's not a secret or a projections too and that it's better like it is , you can also agreed that if you don't want to share something with others, the best is to stop talking about it ;) it's evident that showing something people can't have by themselves will only lead to beeing asked or harassed

about the topic so it's really cut to tv size, it's interesting

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:50 pm

I don't think you're getting the point, so I'll be more blunt:

Talking this way about other members and making up your own stories about why they do or do not post is none of your business and has no place in a conversation about actual Dragon Ball material. Knock it off. Further unrelated, unacceptable comments will be removed and account strikes may be issued for material that does not live up to the community standards.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Damned
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Damned » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:44 pm

I believe the episode where Goku goes to Hell with Paikuhan, to take care of Cell and Freeza, has Goku with his regular black hair as a Super Saiyan, while the Next Episode Preview had his proper golden hair.

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Banana » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Damned wrote:I believe the episode where Goku goes to Hell with Paikuhan, to take care of Cell and Freeza, has Goku with his regular black hair as a Super Saiyan, while the Next Episode Preview had his proper golden hair.
About that, I remember reading on these forums that changes were being made at the end of production towards that episode like how the SSJ form was supposed to allegedly be a secret for the upcoming tournament as that's part of Goku's strategy and his hair was recolored from gold to black. The preview must have been done before the change was made. That's also how I learned of the existence of the "pseudo super saiyan form" which is super similar to what Goku used in the battle against Lord Slug in movie 4. The biggest difference is the fight with Paikuhan- in that form, he had pupils in his eyes however when in the actual pseudo ssj with Slug, Goku was drawn without pupils, super interesting!

I also apologize to everyone- I didn't have time to post earlier and also kinda misunderstood the original topic at hand when I thought I understood it lol my bad :crazy:

SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie

Post by SqueakyBoots » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:19 pm

VegettoEX wrote:One of the recent examples I think of is the 15/30-second teasers for the Universe Survival arc, which had slightly more of Kale's transformation animated in the sequence that was ultimately used in the opening theme.
That same clip has Jiren standing next to his universe's Supreme Kai and God of Destruction instead of Toppo. I wonder if that was an error or if Goku was originally going to meet/fight Jiren before the tournament instead?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:31 pm

SqueakyBoots wrote:That same clip has Jiren standing next to his universe's Supreme Kai and God of Destruction instead of Toppo. I wonder if that was an error or if Goku was originally going to meet/fight Jiren before the tournament instead?
It's probably because it was done before Toriyama told the staff that Jiren is this kind of character, and then they moved his personality (and role) to Toppo.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:44 pm

https://youtu.be/9dnK6oWPwso The 17 trailer for Super has an extended version of 17’s scene in the opening. I don’t believe this was used in 121 either