Strongest Shenron?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Strongest Shenron?

Post by Vijay » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:36 am

Outta curiosity...thought of askin most powerful Shenron in all of DB franchise

While I admire design of DB's Earth's Dragon Shenron & quite amazed by GT's Red Shenron (that turned GT Goku into Kid), I feel Porunga/Namekian Shenron to be an almighty badass.

Dude gave raw, primal Namekian authoritative vibe during his intro way back in Namek/Frieza Arc & even during his brief appearance in climatic Kid Boo Arc, Porunga still gave an omnipotent vibe.

Since I abandoned Super long time ago, I only watched Ep 131 & seemed like a Golden Shenron granted 17's wish to restore galaxy/cosmos...which category Shenron does it belong to?

I could be wrong. Please share your thoughts...

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Re: Strongest Shenron?

Post by Firebolt » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:16 am

Super Shenron (the golden shenron you mentioned) is the most powerful wish granting-dragon in the DB-verse so far. Unlike the other dragons, his wish-granting abilities has no limits.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:39 am

Firebolt wrote:Super Shenron (the golden shenron you mentioned) is the most powerful wish granting-dragon in the DB-verse so far. Unlike the other dragons, his wish-granting abilities has no limits.
Seriously?! Goddamn...

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:06 am

Excluding Super Shen Long, between Porunga and Red Shen Long, I would say Red Shen Long has a greater power, since apparently Porunga can’t power-up Goku, while the Red Shen Long can affect his body and possibly weakened Goku’s skills like Instant Transmission.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:31 am

Each dragon was progressively stronger than the last.

Shen Long is pretty strong, but Porunga is stronger. Ultimate Shen Long(The red one from GT) is likely stronger than Porunga, or at the very least on a similar level, though I'd say he's significantly stronger. And now, we have Super Shen Long, who's probably about as strong as the eternal dragons can get... Until they decide to do an even stronger one... And given the nonsense that's often come from Super, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they introduced yet another one that's even stronger than Super Shen Long.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:41 am

Hugo Boss wrote:Excluding Super Shen Long, between Porunga and Red Shen Long, I would say Red Shen Long has a greater power, since apparently Porunga can’t power-up Goku, while the Red Shen Long can affect his body and possibly weakened Goku’s skills like Instant Transmission.
Porunga restored Goku's power back to normal in Kid Boo Arc right?

Besides, Red Shenron merely granted Pilaf's wish for Goku to be kid again. And while I wont deny its effect on Instant Transmission & ability to maintain SSJ3, I think its got to do more of Goku's "child/kid physical attributes" presenting themselves as boundary for Goku to perform his skills.

What bout the Primary Evil Black Star Shadow Shenron which manifested at start of Shadow Dragon Arc before splitting itself into 7 elemental (fire, water, earth, wind, etc) Shenrons?

I'd say Primary Shadow Shenron should rank well above SSJ4 considering asswhopping Omega (Syn + all Shadow Dragons) delivered to SSJ4 Goku & Vegeta

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:49 am

As a traditional Shenron, the Super Shenron from the Super Dragon Balls is the most powerful wish-granting dragon thus far, bar none; his wishes have thus far demonstrated no limits.

He's also probably one of the strongest in terms of power; his physical body encompasses an entire Universe, which alone would make him seriously strong through simple physicality.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Vijay wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:Excluding Super Shen Long, between Porunga and Red Shen Long, I would say Red Shen Long has a greater power, since apparently Porunga can’t power-up Goku, while the Red Shen Long can affect his body and possibly weakened Goku’s skills like Instant Transmission.

Besides, Red Shenron merely granted Pilaf's wish for Goku to be kid again. And while I wont deny its effect on Instant Transmission & ability to maintain SSJ3, I think its got to do more of Goku's "child/kid physical attributes" presenting themselves as boundary for Goku to perform his skills.
Yes, but how can I say, Porunga couldn’t affect Goku’s very being, he could just put back his stamina. This is where I saw something resembling a limitation for him. The Red Shen Long altered Goku’s body structure with no difficulty.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Vijay wrote:

Yes, but how can I say, Porunga couldn’t affect Goku’s very being, he could just put back his stamina. This is where I saw something resembling a limitation for him. The Red Shen Long altered Goku’s body structure with no difficulty.
Of course, Goku was still just as strong and had none of his memories stripped; his body just became that of a kid.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:09 pm

Vijay wrote:What bout the Primary Evil Black Star Shadow Shenron which manifested at start of Shadow Dragon Arc before splitting itself into 7 elemental (fire, water, earth, wind, etc) Shenrons?

I'd say Primary Shadow Shenron should rank well above SSJ4 considering asswhopping Omega (Syn + all Shadow Dragons) delivered to SSJ4 Goku & Vegeta
Black Smoke Shen Long probably draws his power from the negative energy within the Dragon Balls, so he's probably about the same level of power as Super Yi Xing Long(AKA: Super Ii Shinron, AKA: Omega Shenron).
Though I think the power is presented in a different way from the Evil Dragons he manifests; if he was able to basically just be Super Yi Xing Long without having to spawn 7 dragons, one of whom then absorbs the others to become the most powerful one possible, he probably would have just done that. But, the way it seems to work is that he manifests the dragons, and can't really do any more than that.
Though, the power presenting itself in a different form is the same for all the eternal dragons; you won't see Porunga kicking Boo's ass, but you'll see him restore Goku to full strength. So, while the black smoke dragon isn't really all that comparable to Goku and co., I would say that in the ranking of the eternal dragons, Black Smoke Shen Long probably falls between Porunga and Ultimate Shen Long(The red one). Though it's hard to know for sure.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:04 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
Vijay wrote: Porunga restored Goku's power back to normal in Kid Boo Arc right?

Of course, Goku was still just as strong and had none of his memories stripped; his body just became that of a kid.
After doing some research, I found this old thread. Despite the strength being not altered, it comes off as handicap both the fact that he became a child and that he can’t use Instantaneous Movement.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:17 am

If we talk about wish-granting dragons (not shadow dragons) then:

1. Super Shenron
2. Ultimate Shenron
3. Porunga
4. Earth Shenron

We don't know how strong Black Smoke Shenron is. I doubt he is stronger than Super Shenron but he should be stronger than Ultimate Shenron.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Another detail that crossed my mind is that while Earth Shen Long and Porunga’s Dragon Balls scatter around the planet they are used, Red Shen Long’s Dragon Balls scatter around the universe and Super Shen Long’s between universe 6 and 7. So, the difficulty in finding these orbs might suggest the rarest ones have greater capabilities.