Anime that have lots of Dragon Ball Alumni (In Japanese)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Anime that have lots of Dragon Ball Alumni (In Japanese)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:13 pm

I wanna see how many can we name.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Anime that have lots of Dragon Ball Alumni (In Japanese)

Post by ABED » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Yu Yu Hakusho has a few DB alum. Miyumi Tanaka and Shigeru Chiba being the most notable. Tessho Genda played Toguro in YYH and Shu in DB. Talk about range. Ryo Horikawa played Karasu.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Mayumi Tanaka is Luffy and Toshio Furukawa is Ace in One Piece.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 pm

I literally just found out that Furuya Toru (Yamcha), Horikawa Ryo (Vegeta), and Emori Hiroko (Chiaotzu) were all in Saint Seiya. Furuya was also in Sailor Moon and Mobile Suit Gundam. The 1986 Super Mario Bros. animated movie has Furuya playing Mario, while Chiba Shigeru (Raditz and Pilaf) plays a dog who follows Mario and Luigi for their adventure, and Miyauchi Kohei (Muten Roshi) plays a bearded wizard who greets the brothers when they arrive in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Yamcha and Bulma play the protagonists in Kimagure Orange Road.
Gaffer Tape wrote:I literally just found out that Furuya Toru (Yamcha), Horikawa Ryo (Vegeta), and Emori Hiroko (Chiaotzu) were all in Saint Seiya. Furuya was also in Sailor Moon and Mobile Suit Gundam. The 1986 Super Mario Bros. animated movie has Furuya playing Mario, while Chiba Shigeru (Raditz and Pilaf) plays a dog who follows Mario and Luigi for their adventure, and Miyauchi Kohei (Muten Roshi) plays a bearded wizard who greets the brothers when they arrive in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Adding onto that:
Lunch (Mami Koyama) = Ophiuchus Shaina (Saint Seiya), Esmeraude (Sailor Moon R)
Tenshinhan (Hirotaka Suzuoki) = Dragon Shiryu (Saint Seiya), Bright Noa (Mobile Suit Gundam)
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:44 pm

One Piece is CRAWLING with Dragon Ball Alumni. Tohru Furuya is Sabo, Masako Nozawa is Doctor Kureha, Hiromi Tsuru was Shakky,
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:46 pm

It all depends on which agency represents the Animes. Apparently, all of these shows had Aoni Production representing them.

And how about the Japanese versions of Hideo Kojima's games since 1992's PC Engine CD version of Snatcher? Those have voice actors from Aoni Production, too.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:50 pm

I didn't watch much of it, but Ghost Sweeper Mikami stars Hiromi Tsuru and Ryo Horikawa.

In stuff I've seen more of, Masako Nozawa has been both a grandmother and multiple fairies in Precure. Takeshi Kusao likewise has been a fairy and love interest in Precure. Caulifla is Cure Passion. Kale is Cure White (Nozawa's character's granddaughter no less! Which is why episode 100 of Super was a little surreal to me). Brianne is Cure Honey.

Hakaba Kitaro that I watched a little while back has Masako Nozawa, Bin Shimada, Banjou Ginga, Daisuke Gouri, Shoko Nakagawa, and Eiji Takamoto.

The big ones in Sailor Moon are Tuxedo Yamcha, Sailor Videl (Saturn), and a one off where "Vegeta's" a fashion designer.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:10 pm

Chuquita wrote:The big ones in Sailor Moon are Tuxedo Yamcha, Sailor Videl (Saturn), and a one off where "Vegeta's" a fashion designer.
Also Piccolo's voice actor plays Hawk's Eye in SuperS.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:51 am

Kid Buu wrote:
Chuquita wrote:The big ones in Sailor Moon are Tuxedo Yamcha, Sailor Videl (Saturn), and a one off where "Vegeta's" a fashion designer.
Also Piccolo's voice actor plays Hawk's Eye in SuperS.
This is true! That's the same season Horikawa's episode is from.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:54 am

Pokémon had Shinichiro Miki (James and Zamasu), Hirotaka Suzuoki (Giovanni and Tenshinhan), Unsho Ishizuka (Professor Oak and Mr. Satan's current voice), Masaharu Satō (Charles Goodshow and Roshi's current voice), Ichirō Nagai (Professor Nanba and Master Korin) and others like Hikaru Midorikawa (Tenshinhan's current voice), Katsuyuki Konishi (Captain Ginyu's current voice), Naoki Tatsuta (Oolong), Masaya Onosaka (Kai Burter), Masami Kikuchi (Belmod) and Masako Nozawa participated as either minor or episodic characters.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:39 pm

The new Gegege no Kitaro has Masako Nozawa (Goku), Mayumi Tanaka (Kuririn), Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo), Bin Shimada (Broly) and Kappei_Yamaguchi (dubbing voice of Goku in DragonBall Evolution, lol)
Ironic too, since it's the show that airs in Super's former time slot.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Ranma 1/2 has a few

Ryoga,Jusenkyo Guide/ Tenshinhan, Beerus= Koichi Yamadera
Kuno/ Tenshinhan, Budokai Announcer, Mez and a few more = Hirotaka Suzoki
Ukyo/ Bulma= Hiromi Tsuru (GOD TIER WAIFU!)
Happosai/Karin = Ichiro Nagai
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I wanna see how many can we name.
One Piece comes to my mind instantly after i read the title,
Luffy voiced by Mayumi Tanaka (Kuririn), Dr.Kureha by Masako Nozawa (Male Members of Son Family except Raditz), Luffy's Elder "Brother" Ace is voiced by Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo) , Luffy's Second Older "Brother" is voiced by Toru Furuya (Yamcha), Luffy's Dad Dragon is voiced Hidekatsu Shibata (Yi Xing Long), Shakuyaku was voiced by Late Hiromi Tsuru (Blooma), Buggy the Clown is voiced Shigeru Chibha (Pilaf and Raditz), Jinbei and Dorry were voiced by Late Daisuke Gori (Mr.Satan), Dracule Mihawk was voiced by Late Takeshi Aono (Piccolo Daimao) , Saul Kohza and Young Gold Roger are done by Takeshi Kusao (Trunks), Nico Robin by Yuriko Yamaguchi (Vados), Shiraboshi by Yukana (Kale), Caesar Clown by Ryusei Nakao (Freeza and Tambourine), Marco by Masakazu Morita (Whis), Rosinante by Koichi Yamadera (Beerus), Foxy by Bin Shimada (Broli), Gan Fall by JoJi Yanami (Kaio and narrator), Bege by Naoki Tatsuta (Oolong and DBS new narrator), Bartholomew Kuma by Hideyuki Hori (Ginyu), Ivankov by Mitsuo Iwata (Champa), Senor Pink by Kazuhiro Yamaji (Hit), Kaido by Tessyo Genda (Shu/General White, Bojack and Janemba), Pappag and Edward Wevill by Kozo Shioya (Majin Boo), Pedro by Shin'ichiro Miki (Zamasu) and many more...
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30