GT vs Super [POLL]

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: GT vs Super [POLL]

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 10, 2018 12:31 am

ok I gave my vote and although they do not believe it, I did not think it would be so much the difference in the survey XD

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:39 am

I would like to raise a small concern about this poll: its only method of checking for vote duplication is IP-based. It's trivial to set up a VPN or something to get around that; I have an addon that can do it which I use to get around geoblocked YouTube videos; it can connect to several different IP servers, so in theory, I could do about 10 or 20 votes with it.

So... If people cheated before, I don't imagine such a simple method of checking would actually stop them from doing it again.

Just saiyan'.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu May 10, 2018 4:07 am

Robo4900 wrote:I would like to raise a small concern about this poll: its only method of checking for vote duplication is IP-based. It's trivial to set up a VPN or something to get around that; I have an addon that can do it which I use to get around geoblocked YouTube videos; it can connect to several different IP servers, so in theory, I could do about 10 or 20 votes with it.

So... If people cheated before, I don't imagine such a simple method of checking would actually stop them from doing it again.

Just saiyan'.
You already said that earlier...As of now the poll looks perfectly legit, unlike the first one which received like 200 votes in the span of an hour lol
Please don't encourage people to cheat thank you.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu May 10, 2018 12:02 pm

Oh, I almost forgot about this thread. This might be of interest to you.

These are the results of this poll, which I held a couple of days ago after reading this thread. Make of it what you will.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu May 10, 2018 12:54 pm

Now I'm suspecting GT fans to cheat again, moreover since GT suddenly catched up to 40% after it was really close to 30% before Rob04900 said my poll is not impossible to cheat on lol
There really is no point to cheat on such poll, if your favorite option doesn't win it's not the end of the world is it really impossible to play it fair come on peeps you can do better than that lol
Thanks Alrunela, that is indeed of interest to me lol

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Thu May 10, 2018 1:38 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:Now I'm suspecting GT fans to cheat again, moreover since GT suddenly catched up to 40% after it was really close to 30% before Rob04900 said my poll is not impossible to cheat on lol
There really is no point to cheat on such poll, if your favorite option doesn't win it's not the end of the world is it really impossible to play it fair come on peeps you can do better than that lol
As Robo said, people are always going to cheat on polls like these (it's quite easy). That's why polls are almost meaningless. If you wanted to get a better view of the forums thoughts on each series, having people vote in the comments with their actual justifications is a better way. You don't have people hiding under complete anonymity so their votes carry more weight.

btw, I thought people cheated by voting more than once on Super too.

Potara-Warrior96

Post by Potara-Warrior96 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Also "majority" doesn't equal quality so even if Super wins the poll (which for all we know people are probably still cheating as Robo pointed out) it doesn't mean it's objectively better as it all a matter of opinion and preference.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu May 10, 2018 3:11 pm

As Robo said, people are always going to cheat on polls like these (it's quite easy). That's why polls are almost meaningless. If you wanted to get a better view of the forums thoughts on each series, having people vote in the comments with their actual justifications is a better way. You don't have people hiding under complete anonymity so their votes carry more weight.
You know what would be nice,
If this this forum had the ability to create polls, so you're forced to be a registered Kanzenshuu user to submit a vote
that would sure clear things out since alt accounts get banned lol
Timetraveller wrote: btw, I thought people cheated by voting more than once on Super too.
Yeah there were cheats from both sides but GT was leading with 70% lol
Potara-Warrior96 wrote:Also "majority" doesn't equal quality so even if Super wins the poll (which for all we know people are probably still cheating as Robo pointed out) it doesn't mean it's objectively better as it all a matter of opinion and preference.
Absolutely lol

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:34 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:You already said that earlier...
But only now are people taking notice of it.
PsionicWarrior wrote:As of now the poll looks perfectly legit, unlike the first one which received like 200 votes in the span of an hour lol
Sure, because it's harder to cheat this time around. It's easy to tip the balance, but difficult to overwhelm it like that. If the cheaters are willing to go through the hassle of actually cheating, they'll probably also be willing to go through the hassle of doing it gradually.
PsionicWarrior wrote:Please don't encourage people to cheat thank you.
Either I don't talk about this, and the cheating is never acknowledged, or I do talk about this, and run a slight risk that if there wasn't anyone already cheating, they will now. Neither is a good option, but I think I made the right choice; if this poll has a big factor to discredit it, it's worth mentioning.
Timetraveller wrote:[...] If you wanted to get a better view of the forums thoughts on each series, having people vote in the comments with their actual justifications is a better way. You don't have people hiding under complete anonymity so their votes carry more weight.

btw, I thought people cheated by voting more than once on Super too.
:thumbup:
PsionicWarrior wrote:If this this forum had the ability to create polls, so you're forced to be a registered Kanzenshuu user to submit a vote
If you want it to be foolproof, you'd have to do it like Timetraveller's suggestion, and have each vote be a post. Otherwise people could create alt accounts; sure, the mods try to ban alt accounts, but they have to find evidence that they are an alt account first.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 10, 2018 7:41 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:Now I'm suspecting GT fans to cheat again, moreover since GT suddenly catched up to 40% after it was really close to 30% before Rob04900 said my poll is not impossible to cheat on lol

I think DBS fans cheat because DBS would never have so high score.
It MUST be a cheat!
DBS fans are worse than GT fans, because they cheat, while GT fans do not cheat!
Stop cheating!

Are you even serious now? Or just trying to troll people?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:54 pm

I mean, first poll had a hundred GT votes show up in a span of 10 minutes. Nothing fishy there.

I mean, not that I care anyway, it's a stupid poll. But some of you seem to be taking any criticism of GT really personally lately.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu May 10, 2018 11:52 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: But some of you seem to be taking any criticism of GT really personally lately.
Dragon Ball Getting Triggered.
____

I do agree with Psionic though, I really wish there was polls. Forums always feel naked without that feature.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Fri May 11, 2018 11:07 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I mean, first poll had a hundred GT votes show up in a span of 10 minutes. Nothing fishy there.

I mean, not that I care anyway, it's a stupid poll. But some of you seem to be taking any criticism of GT really personally lately.
This was the second poll in the span of a few days.

No one's triggered about GT criticism. It's the spreading of misinformation or low effort blanket statements like "GT is trash" that elicits a response. Especially when they nitpick things GT did that Super was also guilty of doing or argue canon status. This is a DB forum and you wouldn't be here if you weren't passionate about the franchise. Keep in mind this is another GT vs Super thread.

Criticism is always a good thing and always welcome in my book (when you're willing to discuss them for both shows). Blind elitism on the hand just makes the fanbase look bad. For example, I get that some people hate the dub but that doesn't mean you need to go to every dub thread telling people its trash and not to watch it.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:17 am

Timetraveller wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I mean, first poll had a hundred GT votes show up in a span of 10 minutes. Nothing fishy there.

This was the second poll in the span of a few days.

No one's triggered about GT criticism. It's the spreading of misinformation or low effort blanket statements like "GT is trash" that elicits a response. Especially when they nitpick things GT did that Super was also guilty of doing or argue canon status. This is a DB forum and you wouldn't be here if you weren't passionate about the franchise. Keep in mind this is another GT vs Super thread.

Criticism is always a good thing and always welcome in my book (when you're willing to discuss them for both shows). Blind elitism on the hand just makes the fanbase look bad. For example, I get that some people hate the dub but that doesn't mean you need to go to every dub thread telling people its trash and not to watch it.
See, I think that if you are a rational, well-adjusted adult, you should be able to take criticism of a piece of entertainment you like, and just let it go. Obsessively going after every single "anti-"GT post as some users have been doing doesn't make one come across as anything other than "triggered."

Again, I don't care about the poll either way. But the fact that there are multiple GT vs Super Posts, with the same people coming in and getting upset that the show they prefer is being criticized or bashed, and yet are still participating, doesn't speak well for them. Nobody is even discussing things at this point, it's devolved into "Uh-huh!" "Nuh-Uh!"
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 11, 2018 11:21 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:See, I think that if you are a rational, well-adjusted adult, you should be able to take criticism of a piece of entertainment you like, and just let it go. Obsessively going after every single "anti-"GT post as some users have been doing doesn't make one come across as anything other than "triggered."

Again, I don't care about the poll either way. But the fact that there are multiple GT vs Super Posts, with the same people coming in and getting upset that the show they prefer is being criticized or bashed, and yet are still participating, doesn't speak well for them. Nobody is even discussing things at this point, it's devolved into "Uh-huh!" "Nuh-Uh!"
This effectively sums things up. These threads will be locked, and account strikes may be issued where deemed appropriate. All users would do well to review the community guidelines.

In the meantime, I guess enjoy our on-going "Dragon Ball GT Review of Awesomeness" on the podcast...?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::