Happy Son Family Week!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Happy Son Family Week!!

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:41 pm

None of the character holidays start today for us westerners but I'm starting this thread as a head start to celebrate the Son Family in general. Tomorrow will be the day of Goku x Chi-Chi so I thought I should get things kicking early since it's already started in Japan anyways.

Riding on a Cloud is My First Love

Here's some fan stuff that already exists:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Sun May 06, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Happy Son Family Week!!

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun May 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Did he kiss her yet?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm starting to regret even making this thread... but I can't delete it now.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun May 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Do we have the twitter tag for them? Would love to follow and see the art. I know Herms posted something about character days a while ago, but I can't seem to find that tweet and I'm not sure he even added the puns.

Anyway, here's a wonderful semi-official art from Nakatsuru, dedicated to someone from the staff when they got married.

https://twitter.com/kubo_chika/status/9 ... 8247046144

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:12 pm

Michsi wrote:Do we have the twitter tag for them? Would love to follow and see the art. I know Herms posted something about character days a while ago, but I can't seem to find that tweet and I'm not sure he even added the puns.

Anyway, here's a wonderful semi-official art from Nakatsuru, dedicated to someone from the staff when they got married.

https://twitter.com/kubo_chika/status/9 ... 8247046144
Yes...

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... ault&q=悟チチ

Good to see there's some real fans left.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Sun May 06, 2018 9:01 pm

That’s some nice artwork! I love the idea of characters days/weeks. It gives me some inspiration for DBZ fan fiction which I haven’t had in about 7 years. Thanks for sharing!
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Mon May 07, 2018 12:05 am

I can't find the artist of this piece to save my life but I really think it should be shared, regardless of personal feelings on the couple of Goku and ChiChi, simply because of how awesome this was done. Anyone here know who did this piece?

https://ulisabarbic.deviantart.com/art/ ... -743839166
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:32 pm

I'm currently working on an AMV for them. I'll have it done by tonight.

Gohan get one too for his day tomorrow.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Today is the day of rice boy which is Gohan:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Oh and here's a late 5/7 day present from me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_NV5hzvkIo
fadeddreams5 wrote:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:00 am

Finally, the big day of them all: It's Goku and Piccolo Day!!!

[spoiler]Image
ImageImage
Image[/spoiler]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBtJpl7feFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBGB5HAwjdc
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed May 09, 2018 4:40 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Finally, the big day of them all: It's Goku and Piccolo Day!!!

[spoiler]Image
ImageImage
Image[/spoiler]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBtJpl7feFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBGB5HAwjdc

Happy May 9th to both of these fine gentlemen!

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:39 pm

I mean, I hate the Goku x Chi-Chi relationship but it's cool that there are apparently weeks for this kind of thing...
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu