So how popular are bardock's teammates in japan?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

So how popular are bardock's teammates in japan?

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 am

I know Bardock himself is pretty much up there with Broly in the cash cow department, but what about Toma, Selipa/Fasha, etc. I see them in games and stuff but not often as playables or with any transformations

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: So how popular are bardock's teammates in japan?

Post by Vijay » Wed May 16, 2018 5:51 am

Dude, you actually shocked the hell outta me the moment I once read Bardock is right up there with Broly as cash-cow in Japan...

Like really?

Dude's storyline & character vanished over 20 years ago, barring Episode of Bardock Special...how d'ya know dude is as popular as Broly (who had 3 films, formed a legion of fanboys & haters plus inspired a character in Super)

I think none of Bardock's comrades are as popular as him cuz they had little to no impact to the series or even film they were.

Really wish all these characters make an appearance in the upcoming film

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: So how popular are bardock's teammates in japan?

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Vijay wrote:Dude, you actually shocked the hell outta me the moment I once read Bardock is right up there with Broly as cash-cow in Japan...

Like really?

Dude's storyline & character vanished over 20 years ago, barring Episode of Bardock Special...how d'ya know dude is as popular as Broly (who had 3 films, formed a legion of fanboys & haters plus inspired a character in Super)

I think none of Bardock's comrades are as popular as him cuz they had little to no impact to the series or even film they were.

Really wish all these characters make an appearance in the upcoming film
How is bardock not a cash cow?

he's had two movies devoted to him with no goku involvement, he's constantly a go to for game rosters and what if content. The popularity polls always rank him really high, he's got a huge amount of merch for a non-central character. Episode of Bardock, the masked saiyan stuff and the recent manga chapter devoted to him should speak volumes of him.

and i didnt say he was 'just as popular' as broly, I said he was a cash cow, like broly