Preferred Character of each series?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Preferred Character of each series?

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:36 pm

Dragon ball:Goku,roshi

Dragon ball z:Piccolo,goku

Dragon ball super:Whis and beerus by along shot
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Dragon Ball Z: Shin and the Supreme Kais of Universe 7 in general. Very eerie and fascinating characters, I wish that they had done more than just serving as Buu's punching bag.
Dragon Ball Super: Fused Zamasu. Best design, Best voice (both Sub and Dub), Best backstory, Best motivations, Best personality and Best character arc.

No characters stood out to me from Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball GT.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Barring Goku, Muten Roshi for DB, Vegeta for DBZ, and Giru for GT. While I haven't seen Super, given Battle of Gods, I'd say Beerus for Super.

SupremeKai, what about original DB? Do you not like any character until the Buu arc?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:19 am

Helps to break this down into categories.

DB:

Main- Goku!
Supporting- Tenshinhan
Minor- Namu
Main villain- Piccolo Daimaoh
Supporting villain- Tao Pai Pai
Minor villain- King Chapa

Z:

Main- Piccolo Jr
Supporting- Yajirobe
Minor- Nail
Main villain- Freeza
Supporting villain- Raditz
Minor villain- Kwi

Movies:

Main- Gogeta
Supporting - Tapion
Main villain- Android 13
Supporting villains- 14 & 15

GT:

Main- SS4 Gogeta!
Supporting- Oob
Minor- Mr Popo
Main villain- Baby
Supporting villain- Dr Mu
Minor villain- Legic

List subject to change

Goten_jr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goten_jr » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:06 am

Z:Gohan,Goku,Piccolo,Trunks,C18&C17

GT:Goku,Baby,Nuova,Pan,Goten

DBS:Hit,Black,Beerus

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:09 am

Dragon Ball: Yamcha

Dragon Ball Z: Son Goku

Dragon Ball GT: Baby

Dragon Ball Super: Whis

Dragon Ball Z Abridged: Vegeta
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:50 pm

Vijay wrote:DragonBoru : Mutaito Sama, Muten Roshi, Tsuru Senin, Karin Sama. I find these ancient martial artists deserve extended chapters on their gurus, their training regiments & enlightment which made them into such iconic

DoragonBoru Zetto : Raditz, Vegeta, Guru, Dabura & Uub

DoragonBoru GT : Dr. Myuu & Rildo. These 2 truly demand proper backstory as to how their conquest via Machine Mutant & conception of Baby, a Tuffle life form came into picture

DBZ Movies : Burori, Bojacku. These guys are such remarkable powerhouses dat just a slice of life would be red hot

DB Supa : The Grand Priest, Whis, Celestials etc
Are you saying “DoragonBoru” ironically?

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Dang, a couple of these are tough... but I’d have to say

Dragon Ball: Goku. No doubt about it. His naïveté is at it’s best in this series. Without Goku’s sort of “Know no evil” mentality, some of the show’s funniest moments and most emotional moments wouldn’t have happened.

Dragon Ball Z: Piccolo. Next to Vegeta, Piccolo probably goes through the most change and it’s really fun to watch. Biggest examples are watching his change of heart early on, and then watching him display characteristics of Nail and Kami later on.

Dragon Ball GT: Goku. Goku goes through a whole lot in just 64 episodes, which is why I chose him. It’s fun to watch him deal with being a kid, later go SSJ3 as a child, and eventually go through SSJ4 and Fusion.

Movies: Garlic Jr. I love the idea of him getting his wish for immortality and subsequently regretting it, as he’s essentially trapped in Hell for eternity.
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

SsjRavi

Post by SsjRavi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 am

Dragon Ball: Goku and Yamcha
Dragon Ball Z: Future Trunks and Gohan
Dragon Ball Movies: Tapion
Dragon Ball GT: Goku
Dragon Ball Super: Goku Black

Soo much Goku...
"No. A sword is a weapon. Kenjutsu is the art of killing. Whatever pretty words you use to speak of it, this is its true nature. What Miss Kaoru says are the words of one who has never dirtied her hands. An idealistic joke. But, I like Miss Kaoru's idealism better than its true nature. If one can ask so much, I want the world to accept this joke as its true nature."
- Himura Kenshin

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:16 pm

Early DB: Goku
Z: Future Trunks
GT: Baby
Super: Goku Black
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:11 pm

Dragon Ball : Goku/Bulma
Dragon Ball Z : Goku/Vegeta/Gohan
Dragon Ball Super : Goku/Caulifla/Kale/Vegeta/Kyabe/Beerus/Champa/Whis/Vados/Hit

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Vijay wrote:DragonBoru : Mutaito Sama, Muten Roshi, Tsuru Senin, Karin Sama. I find these ancient martial artists deserve extended chapters on their gurus, their training regiments & enlightment which made them into such iconic

DoragonBoru Zetto : Raditz, Vegeta, Guru, Dabura & Uub

DoragonBoru GT : Dr. Myuu & Rildo. These 2 truly demand proper backstory as to how their conquest via Machine Mutant & conception of Baby, a Tuffle life form came into picture

DBZ Movies : Burori, Bojacku. These guys are such remarkable powerhouses dat just a slice of life would be red hot

DB Supa : The Grand Priest, Whis, Celestials etc
Are you saying “DoragonBoru” ironically?
I actually adore Japanese pronounciation of it. Goku, essentially Mrs. Nozawa hyping up Next Episode Previews with "Jikai....Doragonboru Zetto...DoragonBoru G...T...DoragonBoru Supaahh" really hits home as how would Goku sound...and I really adore it

Btw...its a really old post & kinda feel embarrased readin it now:):):)