Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:22 am

Looks nice and shiny.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:42 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Trailer's here!
I think I'm just going to copy someone elses review for this and call it a day.

"General thoughts: the animation is stiff and almost non existent. It's very on model which isn't very expressive but it shouldn't be shit. Boarding looks ass direction looks ass and overall looks pretty bland 3/10"

Pretty much my thoughts.

Adding a little to that, the aura's looked particularly awful and tacked on.

Looks awful.
I don't know what you were expecting from a free web series.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:51 am

So now I'm wondering, given Kumba's whole insane thing, could we get a situation like the Jaemba/Kid Buu friendship in games where this guy and Broly are best buds?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:54 am

sintzu wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Trailer's here!
I think I'm just going to copy someone elses review for this and call it a day.

"General thoughts: the animation is stiff and almost non existent. It's very on model which isn't very expressive but it shouldn't be shit. Boarding looks ass direction looks ass and overall looks pretty bland 3/10"

Pretty much my thoughts.

Adding a little to that, the aura's looked particularly awful and tacked on.

Looks awful.
I don't know what you were expecting from a free web series.
Better question, what were you expecting?

If this is better than you thought, I'm shuddering to even try and comprehend your prior expectations.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:30 am

The art looks good. Definetly more consistent than Super was. The animation is pretty stiff.
So its basically GT where they have great art but little animation, i guess.

Still looks entertaining enough.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:48 am

JazzMazz wrote:Better question, what were you expecting?

If this is better than you thought, I'm shuddering to even try and comprehend your prior expectations.
Super being a main product had a lot of issues so with this being a free streaming anime I thought it'd look even worse. This is by no means a ground breaking anime but it looks OK for what it is.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:49 am

sintzu wrote:

Super being a main product had a lot of issues so with this being a free streaming anime I thought it'd look even worse. This is by no means a ground breaking anime but it looks OK for what it is.
This looks as bad as Supers worst episodes, so I guess it fulfilled that expectation.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:56 am

It looks okay, in the sense that it's basically the same as the average Super episode. Everyone looks on model, which is good.

But I wasn't planning on watching this, and I have to say the trailer didn't convince me to do otherwise. I don't play the game, and the idea and concept behind this series just isn't my cup of tea.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:03 am

While the content of the trailer intrigues me, I have to say, visually speaking, I was very underwhelmed. Stiff animation, badly handled storyboard... just... not good.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 am

It doesn't move, there's no thought placed into the color selection, the storyboard is flat and the characters don't express much emotion in their faces. Dear Lord, somebody get rid of Yamamuro already.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:46 am

It looks pretty bland. At least I feel like I'm not missing anything by opting out of watching this mini series. GT Goku vs DBS Goku? I don't care about that.

The only thing I like about DBH is they give everyone new outfits, but new outfits alone won't make me watch a fight I have no interest in.

I also like that DBH keeps Yamamuro away from the new movie. I wonder if this project was created partly to get rid of him without being rid of him. I'm under the impression his seniority is what keeps him around.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:50 am

I'm hyped af for Vegetto vs Kanba and what kind of groundbreaking animation where you guys expecting from a promotional anime?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:53 am

Someone translation checke the translation on kanzenshuu and I time it to the youtube video. Here's the .ass subtitles for it:

https://ufile.io/ou3fz

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:16 am

JazzMazz wrote:
sintzu wrote:

This looks as bad as Supers worst episodes, so I guess it fulfilled that expectation.
So you’re saying this looks like episode 5, 24, or 26? You can’t be taken seriously if thats what you think.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:17 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
sintzu wrote:
So you’re saying this looks like episode 5, 24, or 26? You can’t be taken seriously if thats what you think.
Though the art is on model, the actual movement is definitely comparable to that tier of quality.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:24 am

Can we all agree that Vegetto's new outfit looks absolutely awesome?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 am

Can't say I'm surprised by the animation quality. The DB Heroes animated trailers/openings always looked really stiff and it's no different here. At least they're being consistent lol.

As long as this doesn't affect the production for the upcoming film, I'm all good.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 am

Man, if we get SS4 Gogeta vs Bluegetto, I'll geek out hard. It's just a shame we gotta suffer through Yamamuro's blandness one more time before the movie does away with him for good.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:43 am

JazzMazz wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: This looks as bad as Supers worst episodes, so I guess it fulfilled that expectation.
Though the art is on model, the actual movement is definitely comparable to that tier of quality.
I’d say thats a stretch

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:44 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Man, if we get SS4 Gogeta vs Bluegetto, I'll geek out hard. It's just a shame we gotta suffer through Yamamuro's blandness one more time before the movie does away with him for good.
I don’t know about that. Unless the rest of dragon ball starts to adapt the Shintani’s character art and designs, we’ll probably keep Yamamuro on any other dragon ball project except to the main movies and tv series.