Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:51 am

I really liked this episode (only issues i have are common ones that are due to limitations of a promo anime), art for me was lovely as always and I loved the music, Yuya Mori has done an incredible job so far!

Also, i continued watching the stream even after the episode finished and they showed several things about the Broly movie, UI Goku coming to Heroes (it seems) etc...

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:40 am

The Mightiest Warrior! Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto!!

Out in the wastelands of the Prison Planet, Cumber quickly gains the upper hand against Super Saiyan God Goku. The impact of their battle continues to tear up their surroundings, shattering the giant chains that hang in the planet’s sky. Over at his base, Fu is horrified to find that his laboratory was been smashed up. Now he can’t conduct his experiments! Who could have done this?

Back on the battlefield, Goku has reverted to his base form, much to Cumber’s disappointment. Is the battle over already? Cumber grinds Goku beneath his feet, then flies up and pummels him with a series of ki blast from above. However, Cumber’s finishing blow is blocked in the nick of time by two Super Saiyan 4s. It’s Goku and Vegeta Xeno! Cumber doesn’t know who these newcomers are, but he’s more than happy to take them on.

Trunks is confused to see two Vegetas, but Mai realizes that these alternate versions of Goku and Vegeta are members of the Time Patrol. Meanwhile, Golden Cooler continues to observe things silently from a distance. Vegeta Xeno tells Trunks and Mai to take their version of Kakarot and get away. Cumber loses his patience and transforms into his Super Saiyan 3 form to kick off their battle. In the face of Cumber’s incredible ki, Vegeta Xeno realizes that they must use their Potara to fuse. While Vegeta hates fusing, this time will have to be an exception.

As Cumber’s attack closes in, the two quickly fuse into Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto. Cumber and Vegetto trade blows, inadvertently shattering even more chains around the planet. Cumber begins charging an extra-large ki ball, but Vegetto counters with a Kamehameha. After a long struggle between the two attacks, Vegetto’s Kamehameha finally overwhelms Cumber, breaking another chain in the process. His energy spent, Vegetto splits back up into Goku and Vegeta Xeno.

Vegeta Xeno wonders if they’ve beaten Cumber, but before he can receive an answer Fu suddenly arrives on the scene. Seeing the broken chains, Fu notes that the planet’s seal has come undone. He accuses the pair of wrecking his laboratory, and Goku says that Fu’s plans are finished. Furious at them for ruining his plans, Fu unsheathes his sword and uses it to fire a blast at them as punishment. While the unconscious regular Goku begins to twitch off on the sidelines, Goku and Vegeta Xeno say it is their duty to capture Fu, and charge their prey.

Next time: “I’ll Settle This!! Ultra Instinct Goes into Operation!”
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:47 am

I actually enjoyed this episode. Power level-wise there weren't many plotholes, but it was kinda repeating itself with Vegito. Gogeta would have been better, but I understand that this was meant to be the debut of Super Saiyan 4 Vegito. Anyway, it wasn't a bad episode. As for MUI Goku coming, I don't have a problem with it, as long as he beats Cumber, no matter how strong he gets.

https://youtu.be/UPi9AIvzSfo

The preview for the next episode alqays comes out with the previous episode. I wonder why? But actually, it is the game's trailer, rather than the actual preview.
P O W E R

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:49 am

So SSJ4 Vegito is officialy stronger than SSJ Blue Kaioken Vegito. Cool. :thumbup:

Although I wish entire fight was a bit longer. I am also disappointed that Vegito used regular Kamehameha instead of something new like Final Shine Kamehameha or Final Kamehameha X10.
I was hoping UI won't appear but well...

I love how since second episode Golden Cooler is just standing in place ocasionally firing a ki blast :lol:
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:41 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:So SSJ4 Vegito is officialy stronger than SSJ Blue Kaioken Vegito. Cool. :thumbup:

Although I wish entire fight was a bit longer. I am also disappointed that Vegito used regular Kamehameha instead of something new like Final Shine Kamehameha or Final Kamehameha X10.

I love how since second episode Golden Cooler is just standing in place ocasionally firing a ki blast :lol:
He's not even doing the latter anymore :P

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:36 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:So SSJ4 Vegito is officialy stronger than SSJ Blue Kaioken Vegito. Cool. :thumbup:

I agree. When he used the kamehameha i hoped a X10 at the end but nothing Dx
I hope that cooler will get more attention against ghosts/ozotto too.
Cumber should be ssj3 but he has no sparks :/

p.s. when the next episode?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:08 am

I was also hoping for Final Kamehameha. Although it should be noted that the SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta here aren't the same as the ones from GT, they are from the game continuity and are much stronger.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:16 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I was also hoping for Final Kamehameha. Although it should be noted that the SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta here aren't the same as the ones from GT, they are from the game continuity and are much stronger.
Indeed. They're as strong as SSB Goku and Vegeat after the Tournament of Power.

I wish that the anime had Golden Great Ape Cumber fight SSB/KK Vegito instead of base Cumber, though. Now we're left with SSB Vegito technically being as strong as SS4 Vegito but not managing anything even with Kaio-ken whilst SS4 Vegito took on and solidly damaged SS3 Cumber.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:43 am

Do you think they'll play the ultimate battle song in the next episode when UI appears?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:21 am

Am I insane or was the direction slightly better than usual this time around?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:38 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Am I insane or was the direction slightly better than usual this time around?
You're most likely insane. :wink:

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:04 am

You know what if only Shueisha was a bit smarter and decided to let Bandai Namco deal with the spin offs through their Studio Sunrise, Super Dragon Ball Heroes as an anime would be able to become its own things. Toei would have to deal with just the main canon continuity.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:29 am

So, is Cumber dead?
If so, how many episodes do you think are left?
I would say about 4 or 5.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:14 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:So, is Cumber dead?
Nah, Cumber is 100% alive and angry. He will take on MUI Goku in the next episode. Now, if he is finally defeated in episode 6, then I guess that we should get at least another 5 episodes (Bojack episode, King Cold's appearance and Cooler's betrayal, the gathering of the rest Dragon Balls etc.)
P O W E R

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:09 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:So, is Cumber dead?
Nah, Cumber is 100% alive and angry. He will take on MUI Goku in the next episode. Now, if he is finally defeated in episode 6, then I guess that we should get at least another 5 episodes (Bojack episode, King Cold's appearance and Cooler's betrayal, the gathering of the rest Dragon Balls etc.)
Don't think the anime will explore that...

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:42 am

I dunno, we don't know how many episodes this thing is gonna get. But at the pace it's moving, the length of each episodes and the obvious disinterest it has in being an actual story of any sort, it definitely feels far-fetched.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:37 pm

One moment I'm watching it and then the next it's over. :problem:

Sigh. Really liked this episode for GT's SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta who fused, and it made me laugh that Golden Coola was shown just staring at the spectacle. lol

Dunno how many episodes this'll last but hopefully 10-13 max because as much as I like to see SSJ4 Goku and would rather watch this over Super, this is just a damn tease with each chapter lasting only 8min and then have to wait weeks for the next one.

Anyway, unlikely but it'd be cool to see this released on Blu-ray to have it preserved in its original HD quality, regardless how we feel about the show.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:40 am

Correction: Xeno SSJ4 Vegito is stronger than SSJ Blue Kaioken Vegito. The Xeno versions of Goku and Vegeta are stronger than the CC versions of the characters in general. Surpassing SSJBKx10 (Jesus Christ, it's even long in abbreviated form) is more of a testament to the power of the Xeno characters than of the power of the SSJ4 transformation.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:19 am

Do we have a date for episode 6 release?

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:50 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Do we have a date for episode 6 release?
No official date yet, but various sites say it will be late December.