Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Cetra wrote:
Grimlock wrote: Oh yeah, we know you can come up with a better writing. We are fascinated and looking forward to see your work, possibly called "Lol: The Adventures of Lol". Starring:

• Lol
• Big Lol
• The other Lol.
• Lolest.
• Further Lol.

Lol is a Saiyan from planet Lol who can transform into Super Saiyan Lol. He struggles to maintain peace against the greatest villain, Evil Lol.
I wish this forum had a post rating system. This is gold.
That one actually made me chuckle lol

Seriously, this show is dead to me, I'll watch it because I'm a fucking nerd just like I watched GT twice even though I can't stomach it, but the first episode announces for tons of crap, oh well it's a promotional show after all lol
Expect me to trash on every new episode lol

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Cetra wrote:[spoiler]
DHM211 wrote:
Yeah lol

Mai and Trunks were on Beerus planet because Trunks came back in time to train with Goku and Vegeta. lol.

Vegeta clearly see's (lol) that somethings not right with Fu, but doesn't waste any time questiong him as his sons life may be in danger. lol.

>Xeno Goku meets our Goku, both transform in a form they didn't know even exist but no question no surprise whatsoever lol
lol,. This is exactly how a confrontation between two Gokus would go. See each other, and want to test each others strength. lol.

>Then what is the plot, basically we are imprisoned and need to fight our way out, but just since it's DB we need to get dragon balls first geez so deep lol
The Plot is that Goku and co. get trapped in prison (lol), and basically have to break out through a series of quests. lol. This seems far more interesting than Super, which was one mediocre retread of a movie(BoG), one terrible retread of a movie (R'F'), one extremely mediocre tournament(U6), one great arc(Future Trunks), some decent filler, and another mediocre tournament(ToP). lol.

Not to mention Fu is actually a decent villain, as he sees his experiments as a way to help him better the multiverse, instead of him being a generic mustache twirling bad guy. lol.
Grimlock wrote: Oh yeah, we know you can come up with a better writing. We are fascinated and looking forward to see your work, possibly called "Lol: The Adventures of Lol". Starring:

• Lol
• Big Lol
• The other Lol.
• Lolest.
• Further Lol.

Lol is a Saiyan from planet Lol who can transform into Super Saiyan Lol. He struggles to maintain peace against the greatest villain, Evil Lol.
[/spoiler]

I wish this forum had a post rating system. This is gold. Almost worth an actual laughing out loud.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The picture even has the Yamamuro highlights. Lol.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:42 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:Expect me to trash on every new episode lol
It is expected that you provide elaborated arguments, with at least a decent grammar so that you can be taken seriously. With your constant "lol" and judging by your last post, you do not seem capable of providing solid and matured arguments. Here is not a playground, you cannot just come here and say that "you can make things better while being in the toilet" and goes away with it.

You can share your negative opinion without being toxic, and you may want to do so from here on out if you do not want your posts to be reported and someone from administration to take care of a childish matter that you willing started and even warned us beforehand that you would be making a feedback in a childish way.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:01 pm

but the toilet is where I get my best inspiration lol
chill out mate, this was just a clown post made by a clown poster with OCD, nothing to make a fuss about, if you do not like it you can just ignore it instead of getting personal cheers lol
besides not very honest of you to assume I would not give arguments, I did give some for that first episode in the post just before the one you mention lol
I actually often give argumentation if you read my posts overall in this forum, save me a couple lighthearted posts every now and then thanks and cheers again lol
Last edited by PsionicWarrior on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:45 pm

Enough, on both fronts. Before this potentially gets out of hand.

Yes, you are expected to have civilized discussion, with posts that require some basic thought and effort in constructing them. However, you are also expected not to mini-mod. If you have a problem with someone or their post(s), use the report feature and let the forum staff take care of it. There's no need for petty, snarky replies. That'll just backfire on you once we have to step in.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:26 pm

shadowmaria wrote:I would love to, but it was never officially released outside of Japan.
That's true but you can read a translation of it in the game's thread.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Thats not it at all.

Firstly the passage the dragon ball wiki has on the form never mentions it would effect time, only that he is forbidden from using it. It sounds more like hes not allowed to because its so powerful and potentially destructive. The time patrol need to be discrete and if he goes that strong without it being the last resort he could cause massive damage.

Think Doctor strange going back in time to Avengers 1 and deciding to use a massive AoE spell to kill all the aliens around him. Yeah hes done that but what other costs happened? Did anyone who shouldnt get hurt get killed?

Its more a 'youre going to destroy the whole planet, father!' deal as far as I can tell. But the time effect thing isnt even on the wiki
Actually, in the manga, Goku says he isn't supposed to use SS4 because it would affect time. Vegeeta later asks Kaioushin of Time if it's ok for Goku not to control his power and she says it's fine because the Dark Demon Realm isn't part of time. He then goes SS4 as well.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:42 pm

Zillamon51 wrote:A lot of WTF? Why is Mai on Beerus' planet? How can this Fu guy just show up there, with no surprise from anybody? Why would Goku and Vegeta just follow him, without asking Mai if he's really a friend of Trunks? Neither Goku nor Vegeta have any questions about SS4?

It would be easier to overlook all of that, if the Goku SS4 vs. Goku SSB fight was better. But nothing to it. And Xeno Goku seems a lot smarter than the DBS Goku we've gotten used to.

I'll keep watching, but won't expect much.
Seriously man?

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1002075490956427264

Fu can use time magic like Towa and pretty much every demon. The story is quite rushed so there's no time to ask questions.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:10 pm

And Fu can become invisible, a technique he displays in XV2. He is able to open a space-time portals, being invisible, travel through time... I really don't understand why Fu wouldn't be able to reach Beerus' place and got people confused about it.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:37 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:I would love to, but it was never officially released outside of Japan.
Much obliged. I found the translation, thanks for the information.

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:39 am

Toxin45 wrote:
Nah dude your still new to this site.
Something else irrelevant you wish to share?

I don't need to be years on this site to witness what Toroyama does this days, nobody does.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:43 am

alakazam^ wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Thats not it at all.

Firstly the passage the dragon ball wiki has on the form never mentions it would effect time, only that he is forbidden from using it. It sounds more like hes not allowed to because its so powerful and potentially destructive. The time patrol need to be discrete and if he goes that strong without it being the last resort he could cause massive damage.

Think Doctor strange going back in time to Avengers 1 and deciding to use a massive AoE spell to kill all the aliens around him. Yeah hes done that but what other costs happened? Did anyone who shouldnt get hurt get killed?

Its more a 'youre going to destroy the whole planet, father!' deal as far as I can tell. But the time effect thing isnt even on the wiki
Actually, in the manga, Goku says he isn't supposed to use SS4 because it would affect time. Vegeeta later asks Kaioushin of Time if it's ok for Goku not to control his power and she says it's fine because the Dark Demon Realm isn't part of time. He then goes SS4 as well.
The wiki doesnt make that claim, so I was going off the fact they use the wiki as source, but if its in the manga, fair enough.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:19 am

Melkaniator wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
Nah dude your still new to this site.
Something else irrelevant you wish to share?

I don't need to be years on this site to witness what Toroyama does this days, nobody does.
Geez you complain a lot dude the movie hasn't been out yet and also your thoughts on it is ridcioulus just wait for the movie to come out.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:13 am

Sandubadear wrote:Seriously man?

Fu can use time magic like Towa and pretty much every demon. The story is quite rushed so there's no time to ask questions.
Seriously man, I am so SO sorry that I don't know enough about this character that appears exclusively in Japanese video games! It was a MASSIVE faux pas for me to ask a logical question, like how any random uninvited schmuck can just show up on Beerus' planet. It's not like Beerus is a particularly temperamental god, and he certainly wouldn't be racist against demons. And since you so kindly explained that "pretty much every demon" can do this, I'm sure he's used to it by now. He probably especially likes it when rambunctious kid prankster demons do things like take craps there for his finicky angel Whis to step in.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:15 am

Sandubadear wrote:
Zillamon51 wrote:A lot of WTF? Why is Mai on Beerus' planet? How can this Fu guy just show up there, with no surprise from anybody? Why would Goku and Vegeta just follow him, without asking Mai if he's really a friend of Trunks? Neither Goku nor Vegeta have any questions about SS4?

It would be easier to overlook all of that, if the Goku SS4 vs. Goku SSB fight was better. But nothing to it. And Xeno Goku seems a lot smarter than the DBS Goku we've gotten used to.

I'll keep watching, but won't expect much.
Seriously man?

What is "time magic"? :think:
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:52 am

BrolyKale wrote:What is "time magic"? :think:
They can travel forward and backward in time, as well as crossing alternate timelines without a time machine.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:54 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
They can travel forward and backward in time, as well as crossing alternate timelines without a time machine.
Only demons can do that? it is not forbidden?
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:02 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Only demons can do that? it is not forbidden?
They're demons and Towa and Mira were criminals, so I don't think they really care if it's forbidden.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Zillamon51 wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:Seriously man?

Seriously man, I am so SO sorry that I don't know enough about this character that appears exclusively in Japanese video games! It was a MASSIVE faux pas for me to ask a logical question, like how any random uninvited schmuck can just show up on Beerus' planet. It's not like Beerus is a particularly temperamental god, and he certainly wouldn't be racist against demons. And since you so kindly explained that "pretty much every demon" can do this, I'm sure he's used to it by now. He probably especially likes it when rambunctious kid prankster demons do things like take craps there for his finicky angel Whis to step in.
He's not exclusively from Japanese games. Fu was featured in XV2 Extra Pack 2, which I think was his first appearance. Since then, he's appeared in a couple other games, including the one this anime was specifically created to promote.

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Toxin45 wrote: Geez you complain a lot dude the movie hasn't been out yet and also your thoughts on it is ridcioulus just wait for the movie to come out.
I will not wait for the movie to come out to express my opinion on what we know about, I'm not complaining about the final product since that hasn't been released obviously, but I do not expect anything actually different of what I'm used to receive from Akira/Toei.

If you don't like my thoughts about it, you're more than free to ignore those and move along.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 am

Melkaniator wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Geez you complain a lot dude the movie hasn't been out yet and also your thoughts on it is ridcioulus just wait for the movie to come out.
I will not wait for the movie to come out to express my opinion on what we know about, I'm not complaining about the final product since that hasn't been released obviously, but I do not expect anything actually different of what I'm used to receive from Akira/Toei.

If you don't like my thoughts about it, you're more than free to ignore those and move along.
It is pretty rude to use only the first name of an artist. And why complain about something that isn't out? What good in your life did it ever bring you? Does it bring you good feelings and thoughts? I kinda doubt that.