Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:46 am

Probably because is first and foremost an extended ad for the game and the episodes are released once they don't risk spoiling the game.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:39 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Why in God's name does this series take an eternity to air a new episode? It really kills the interest. :thumbdown:
It's a promotional anime. Its job is to sell more copies of Heroes not be a weekly series like other anime.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:15 pm

The third episode has been uploaded into the official channel, now we just wait until someone drops it online. It is 9:21 minutes, so hey... A little bit longer this time. :)

Episode 4 confirmed! Booyah! :D

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:35 pm

I swear, the best thing about this whole Heroes anime is the OST. It's surprisingly good. Kinda (but not really) makes up for the lacklustre action on display.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:29 pm

I honestly don't see why they feel the need to oversell the power of Cumber. They should've at least had him powerup into his "evil SSJ" form at the very least.
Feels over Reals.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Ep.3: "The Mightiest Radiance! Vegetto Blue Kaio-Ken Explodes!”

While Vegetto looks on, Cumber continues to strangle Trunks, and begins charging up an energy ball attack. Vegetto goes Super Saiyan Blue and finally steps in, colliding with the energy ball Cumber throws at him. Fu observes the resulting explosion from the safety of his control room, impressed with the Saiyans’ fight. When the dust clears, Vegetto has gotten Trunks safely away from Cumber. He tells Trunks to stay back, and charges Cumber. After the two trade blows evenly for a while, Cumber rejoices to find such a worth opponent. It will be his pleasure to break him!

Cumber launches an energy wave that chases after Vegetto and knocks him around. Golden Cooler is also watching from a distance and finds that the fight is starting to get interesting. Vegetto begins using Kaio-Ken on top of Super Saiyan Blue and starts trading blows with Cumber once more. As Mai helps Trunks to safety, they notice the huge ki and hope Goku and Vegeta will be OK. The battle continues, and Cooler notices cracks forming in the chains around the Prison Planet. In his control room, Fu is impressed by the Saiyans’ mighty energy and wants them to take it even higher.

Cumber starts forming another gigantic energy ball, and Vegetto counters by charging a Final Kamehameha. The two attacks struggle against each other before the Final Kamehameha finally breaks through (causing a nearby chain to crack even further), but Cumber knocks it and Vegetto back with a second energy wave. Cumber announces that he will bury Vegetto with his own hands, a great honor! He throws a small energy ball, which he orders to “burst and mix”. Vegetto seems to recognize this technique…indeed, it’s the artificial full moon! Cumber grows into a gigantic, orange-haired Great Ape, much to Vegetto’s disgust. Even Trunks is amazed at his size!

Great Ape Cumber fires a mouth blast at Vegetto, who splits back up into Goku and Vegeta; apparently the two have used up their power. Cumber continues to ravage the surrounding area with his mouth blast, cracking the chain even further and even causing the sky to partially shatter. Goku and Vegeta (back in their base forms) struggle to their feet in front of the gigantic Great Ape Cumber. In his control room, Fu is thrilled at the Saiyans’ incredible fight, and wants them to keep going.

Next episode: “Rage! Super Fu Appear!”
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Vegetto is becoming overused, but hey... At least here he has new clothes and we got to see Final Kamehameha one more time. :)

We're still going to see Vegetto once again, but it's gonna be Xeno Vegetto (which means another clothes!) and he'll be Super Saiyan 4. Hopefully, from that point to never see him again. If fusion has to happen, either Gogeta or someone else, Vegenks would be nice.

Glad the next episode won't take months to air and excited to see Fu as Super Saiyan! :D
Last edited by Grimlock on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:51 pm

BGM was really solid. I liked the fact that they didn't have Cumber go Super Saiyan against Vegito, because that would have been trite.

That's about all the compliments I can give to this episode. Even by Heroes standards, it's... actually pretty fucking boring.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:01 am

I feel bad for the voice actors having to waste their lives on THIS. Does Bandai/Shueisha or whoever is handling this knows no shame? Glad it isn't 20 minutes long.

Literally a stereotype of what non-DB fans think about the series: Shouting, big beams and more shouting. Any semblance of martial arts or even fight scenes is gone.

I know this is promotional, but holy shit. Even the 1 minute trailers in DBH get better animation than this and in general are more fun.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:16 am

Better than episode's one and two. I'm happy with that

Next episode is going to be. Y'all need to stop taking this promotional anime so seriously

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:29 am

shadowmaria wrote:Better than episode's one and two. I'm happy with that
I disagree, entirely on the point that Golden Cooler is the most interesting character this has to offer, yet he's done nothing this time. Maybe only Fu can do something, but I'm also not expecting much besides off screen fights.
shadowmaria wrote:Y'all need to stop taking this promotional anime so seriously
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Hnapa6rGo

The DBH trailers are promotional too, and they're way more fun than this. In just 1 minute time.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:41 am

Nothing surprising. The two things that always are a highlight to me are the music and Yammy's art. Animation is limited, but then again, I kind of expect that already.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:28 am

Can see what Nagamine meant about SS transformations. Absolutely no weight when Vegetto transformed into SSGSS or even when he went Kaioken.

Definitely agree music is too good for this series.

Cumber is lame so uninspiring in look and acting and he and Fu's voices are annoying.

Art even seemed sloppy Yamamuro didn't draw/correct Vegetto properly and instead had central bangs in some close up shots.

Meh.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:15 am

Wow maybe I am out of the loop...but even for heroes standards I swear Cumber is overhyped/overpowered. I mean it's to the point there doesn't seem to be any believable way to beat him now. I mean yeah...it's heroes but....even by crazy logic this is a reaching. Maybe they want Ultra Instinct to do it....maybe? It's still heroes so I doubt it's gonna end on Cumber just leaving. Typical Heroes shows the baddie being beaten in the end.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:43 am

Yeah, I think Cumber just became the single most powerful enemy in the history of the franchise. He beat Vegetto. Clean. And he did it in base form. And as far as we know, he's just... some guy that Fu found in the past.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:07 am

johnboy1 wrote:Yeah, I think Cumber just became the single most powerful enemy in the history of the franchise. He beat Vegetto. Clean. And he did it in base form. And as far as we know, he's just... some guy that Fu found in the past.
He might've been modified/powered up by Fu cause the guy likes to experiment just like his parents. Remember Masked Saiyan Bardock? It was similar. Thanks to the special mask Bardock was able to go SSJ3 while earlier he was a weakling almost killed by 1st form Freeza.

Besides, Cumber didn't beat Vegetto. It was Vegetto who won beam clash and then he defused when Ozaru Cumber ALMOST hit him with the mouth beam.

The episode was ok. Vegetto charging his Final Kamehameha was awesome and much better done than the one from Zamasu arc. Next episode we will see Super Fu! I wonder who will stop Cumber now? Maybe Trunks or Fu will cut his tail? Hmm, great we don't have to wait a few months again.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:51 am

Mnich wrote:Besides, Cumber didn't beat Vegetto. It was Vegetto who won beam clash and then he defused when Ozaru Cumber ALMOST hit him with the mouth beam.
Vegetto won the beam clash, only for Cumber to effortlessly launch a second attack that dissipated Vegetto's beam and knocked him into a crater.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:18 am

johnboy1 wrote:
Mnich wrote:Besides, Cumber didn't beat Vegetto. It was Vegetto who won beam clash and then he defused when Ozaru Cumber ALMOST hit him with the mouth beam.
Vegetto won the beam clash, only for Cumber to effortlessly launch a second attack that dissipated Vegetto's beam and knocked him into a crater.
No. You should probably watch it again. It was his first Ki Claw attack that knocked Vegetto into crater, right before Vegetto used Kaio-ken. It's true that Cumber's second Ki Claw attack ended Vegetto's Final Kamehameha but Vegetto was just pushed back by it and was not hurt.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:21 am

After watching this I have decided Kanba is the lovechild of Akuma and Bane.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing but *OOZARU NOISES*

Or

Trunks: If I rip off that mask will it kill you?

Kanbane: It would be extremely painful... *turns into a great ape*

Goku: You're a big guy

Kanbane: ....For you

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:35 am

Xeogran wrote:I feel bad for the voice actors having to waste their lives on THIS. Does Bandai/Shueisha or whoever is handling this knows no shame? Glad it isn't 20 minutes long.

Literally a stereotype of what non-DB fans think about the series: Shouting, big beams and more shouting. Any semblance of martial arts or even fight scenes is gone.

I know this is promotional, but holy shit. Even the 1 minute trailers in DBH get better animation than this and in general are more fun.
Oh no, people being paid a lot of money to provide relatively minimal time compared to their usual contracted gig hours on the shows they do getting paid more. Oh the humanity

God you're dramatic