Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: 2018 Dragon Ball Heroes Promotional Anime Announced

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 3:59 pm

nato25 wrote:After following kanzenshuu for many years now I rmemeber Mike akways saying that this is initially what Toei wanted but the plan developed into something else (maybe Super)?

Anyone remember?
Toei wanted a new anime back in 2008 but Toriyama wouldn't do it so they made Kai instead.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:07 pm

As excited as I am for this, the very real possibility that it will never come Stateside (just like the manga) is putting a damper on everything.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes is getting an anime adaptation.

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 17, 2018 4:12 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:The same people who think Female Broly was some ingenious addition to Dragonball are now thumbing their noses at ss4 beat and golden cooler.
And they dare to call it "fan service with wacky stuff" when Dragon Ball Super (with Movie 15 as well) is pretty much in the same bag too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:23 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:The show is made to sell toys, it will last for a long time if toys are selling well. I doubt it will get a Western release unless a toy deal is made in the US. Heroes fits better on a kids channel in the US than on Toonami.
DBHeroes is a card based video game, not a toy line.
The game has trading cards and this anime is made to promote them. So yeah, it's more like a Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon and Pokemon toy driven now.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu May 17, 2018 4:52 pm

I'm actually pretty excited. For the first time with Dragon Ball, I won't have to worry about proper power scaling, consistency and proper writing. I just get to watch stupid Dragon Ball fun and enjoy the chaos.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.
Since SSJ4 Broly is a thing, I think it's safe to say that if that fake interview had any truth in it...we are currently living in the worst timeline (with both this and Super).
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:11 pm

majinwarman wrote:
sangofe wrote:
majinwarman wrote: That it is going to a few episodes and not a huge show like Dragon Ball Super.
Does that go without saying, though? Is that detail officially confirmed?
It was. You should read Yonku Productions tweet about this.
That was his own opinion i think because he saw that it's apparently supposed to be a promotional anime, even though, as others have pointed out, Pokemon is also a promotional anime and it's been around for 20+ years.

Has anybody actually bothered to translate the announcement word for word? That would clear up some confusion. Has anybody asked Herms?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Imagine if they did SSj5 for GT Goku in Heroes. It probably won't happen since UI Goku uses silver hair, but it would be interesting to see how fans reactions would be.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:34 pm

I'll get to see more SS4 and have it duke out with Blue, this by default makes it better than Super.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu May 17, 2018 5:53 pm

Xeogran wrote:https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/9 ... 9698962433

Wew, looks like Super's break will be longer than expected.

Or maybe, this way they won't have to care about canon rules anymore and do whatever they like. Which also means, that GT is back, too. 8)
Holy sh*t I knew I and I’m watching!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:53 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Imagine if they did SSj5 for GT Goku in Heroes. It probably won't happen since UI Goku uses silver hair, but it would be interesting to see how fans reactions would be.
No. It wouldn’t happen because DBH uses assets from official Dragon ball content whether its canon or non-canon. SSJ5 is fanmade content and therefore won’t be used.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 17, 2018 5:54 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Are people upset about this? It's non canon dumb fun....that's it. As long as it effects nothing in the main universe, then I don't see the harm. That means it can be easily ignored as it is it's own thing. I've always wanted a Dragon Ball anime that did it's own take, so it could pretty much be free to do as it pleases.
Yeah, I don't see a problem. At worst, it's confirmation that Dragon Ball truly is nothing more than a marketing zombie, but this is something we all knew at this point. Nobody should have any illusions left about Dragon Ball retaining any semblance of artistic integrity after Super. At best, this is an opportunity for the writers to go nuts with the characters and the world, unchained by modern Toriyama's lack of creativity.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 6:14 pm

johnboy1 wrote:As excited as I am for this, the very real possibility that it will never come Stateside (just like the manga) is putting a damper on everything.
The heroes producers said they were looking into figuring out if heroes would do well overseas so taking the anime outside of Japan would be a good way to do that.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Do you think we'll see Chronoa and Time Patroller Trunks in this? You know, at least in an introduction exposition recap?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 17, 2018 6:32 pm

If they do any sort of introduction to the concept, then maybe. If it's a relatively cold open to the rest of the Heroes material and immediately starts with Fu doing his Prison Planet things, then the most you could hope for is a flashback during a Goku: Xeno segment...assuming he's included. (He is on the poster that was presumably created to advertise both the game an anime, since the previous material hasn't gotten a poster like this.)

That could potentially cause confusion over more stupid hair color discussions though.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 17, 2018 6:36 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:If they do any sort of introduction to the concept, then maybe. If it's a relatively cold open to the rest of the Heroes material and immediately starts with Fu doing his Prison Planet things, then the most you could hope for is a flashback during a Goku: Xeno segment...assuming he's included. (He is on the poster that was presumably created to advertise both the game an anime, since the previous material hasn't gotten a poster like this.)

That could potentially cause confusion over more stupid hair color discussions though.
I think they would start with some sort of exposition dump since this is being made to advertise Heroes. Then again, the Prison Planet arc really has little to do with the TIme Patrol itself outside of Fu fuckign with time and being Towa and Mira's kid
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

NormalHero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NormalHero » Thu May 17, 2018 6:37 pm

i'm happy but at the same time I'm scared for animations...

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 pm

sintzu wrote:
nato25 wrote:After following kanzenshuu for many years now I rmemeber Mike akways saying that this is initially what Toei wanted but the plan developed into something else (maybe Super)?

Anyone remember?
Toei wanted a new anime back in 2008 but Toriyama wouldn't do it so they made Kai instead.

Lucky_Deity

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Lucky_Deity » Thu May 17, 2018 6:43 pm

OMG, YES!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!

I doubt it will but I hope this gets a Western release and a Dub and then the manga would hopefully get released over here and, oooh, there's so many possibilities if this succeeds.
But even if it doesn't, at the very least, I hope it gets decent fans subs and I'll be a happy girl.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by MajinMan » Thu May 17, 2018 6:50 pm

If people are actually mad that this exists now, then I don’t know what to say. It’s not like it’s going to affect the main story and characters, so who cares about how crazy the content will be? I personally don’t give a damn about Heroes, but in no way am I disappointed or mad about this.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.