Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Toxin45
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Postby Toxin45 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Will dragon ball super return after the movie in December 2018? Because at the end of the final episode the narrator said a brief parting and hinted at the upcoming movie or if dragon ball super was finished? I mean the manga is still on going so what are your thoughts?

User avatar
sintzu
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12817
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Postby sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Toriyama said he likes writing new stories and the movie will most likely be a mega hit at the box office so there's no reason to think a brean as profitable as Super's won't return.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1403
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Postby AnimeNation101 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:02 pm

We got constant movie news, an upcoming DBH anime, the DBS manga, DBS english dub, a potential new db video game, and the movie (when it comes out) to hold us over.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Postby majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 9:14 am

sintzu wrote:Toriyama said he likes writing new stories and the movie will most likely be a mega hit at the box office so there's no reason to think a brean as profitable as Super's won't return.

I think it will most likely come back with Shintani's new character designs instead of the old one.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
sintzu
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12817
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Postby sintzu » Fri May 18, 2018 10:06 am

majinwarman wrote:
sintzu wrote:Toriyama said he likes writing new stories and the movie will most likely be a mega hit at the box office so there's no reason to think a brean as profitable as Super's won't return.

I think it will most likely come back with Shintani's new character designs instead of the old one.


If the new art style makes animated things easier and isn't as expensive then it most likely will.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Postby majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 11:27 am

sintzu wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
sintzu wrote:Toriyama said he likes writing new stories and the movie will most likely be a mega hit at the box office so there's no reason to think a brean as profitable as Super's won't return.

I think it will most likely come back with Shintani's new character designs instead of the old one.


If the new art style makes animated things easier and isn't as expensive then it most likely will.

I agree though money isn't going to be an issue for Toei if you see the Dragon Ball earnings.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Forte224
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Postby Forte224 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:32 am

majinwarman wrote:
sintzu wrote:
majinwarman wrote:I think it will most likely come back with Shintani's new character designs instead of the old one.


If the new art style makes animated things easier and isn't as expensive then it most likely will.

I agree though money isn't going to be an issue for Toei if you see the Dragon Ball earnings.

Money is always an "issue", no matter how much of it a person or company has.
"The emptier your head is, the more room there is to pack with dreams"
"Even looking at it objectively, I still think Goku can win. Because I believe in him."-Masako Nozawa

Dragon Radar program made by thejeremymenace for adding English subtitles and the English dub to any of the Japanese Dragon Boxes.

User avatar
sintzu
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12817
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Postby sintzu » Fri May 18, 2018 11:42 am

majinwarman wrote:I agree though money isn't going to be an issue for Toei if you see the Dragon Ball earnings.


It depends on how much of a difference it'll cost compared to how easy it'll make working on it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Postby majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 pm

sintzu wrote:
majinwarman wrote:I agree though money isn't going to be an issue for Toei if you see the Dragon Ball earnings.


It depends on how much of a difference it'll cost compared to how easy it'll make working on it.

I understand that point but I just wanted to point that out to tell people Toei isn't broke.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.


Return to “General Franchise Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], uzuni and 5 guests