What type of new villains in future dragon ball series

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Toxin45
Regular

Re: What type of new villains in future dragon ball series

Post by Toxin45 » Sat May 19, 2018 4:50 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
A good change of pace might be to have a villain that relies on brains rather than brute strength.
Wasn't that basically Zamasu? He couldn't rely on brute strength alone since he was just a Kai, he was no match for a Saiyan, so he resorted to scheming behind everyone's back to steal the power of Goku for himself.

Honestly, the only problem is that the new villain, no matter how refreshing or innovative they are, will never surpass Zamasu in terms of villainy and achievements. Why? Because Zamasu despised mortals and Gods alike and was able to become
immortal and even merge with the fabric of the Universe and transcend time and space. I fail to see how any future villain could eclipse Zamasu.

Even Jiren felt like nothing compared to Zamasu. Why? Because, with Zamasu, the entire Multiverse was at stake, whereas with Jiren, the stakes were much lower. So, Yes, it will be hard to write a villain that will feel more threatening and dangerous than Zamasu.

Regardless of that, I would love a villain who brings people back from the dead as mindless zombies. Like the Night King from GoT. The only problem is that zombies in Dragon Ball are just silly, they are not frightening or scary. In general, I'd just like to see a villain who turns friend against friend, who spreads havoc and discord amongst his enemies, and who works from the shadows.
Nercomancers are cool and also frieza is the only villain is as popular. Honestly it's hard to find a new villain these days hope the killer of Jiren's friends and family appears.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat May 19, 2018 4:54 pm

I fail to see how any future villain could eclipse Zamasu.
You personalize the stakes.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:11 pm

How about fighting villains from other universe actual villains from say universe 10 like Zamasu except he attacks Future Trunks's world. The Main villains should on Universe 6,Universe 2,and Universe 11.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Someone who is very powerful but not op. Where he lacks in power he makes up in magical abilities. But he never goes about using his power unless its needed.

He would be someone who tries not to be very well know. Someone who blends in and is a manupulative bastard. The type of person who would be a spy for both sides who’s real goal involves them taking each other out. And someone with connections.

Basically a manipulative character who is very hard to get hold of and is very low-key and when push comes to shove has enough power to hold his or own. And even when that isn’t enough, he can bust out the magic.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat May 19, 2018 8:07 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:I fail to see how any future villain could eclipse Zamasu.
Why am i not surprised with this?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat May 19, 2018 8:29 pm

I’ve been thinking for a while about a potential villain who could be more sympathetic than the previous antagonists. Maybe have a villain who has a personal grudge against Beerus over all the planets Beerus has destroyed?

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat May 19, 2018 8:48 pm

WittyUsername wrote:I’ve been thinking for a while about a potential villain who could be more sympathetic than the previous antagonists. Maybe have a villain who has a personal grudge against Beerus over all the planets Beerus has destroyed?
What makes the character a villain if he has a legitimate gripe?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat May 19, 2018 9:01 pm

ABED wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:I’ve been thinking for a while about a potential villain who could be more sympathetic than the previous antagonists. Maybe have a villain who has a personal grudge against Beerus over all the planets Beerus has destroyed?
What makes the character a villain if he has a legitimate gripe?
I’d imagine that a character like would perhaps also decide to try and kill Goku and friends, due to their friendship with Beerus.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:23 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:I fail to see how any future villain could eclipse Zamasu.
Why am i not surprised with this?
Why, it's obvious! Because You have finally seen the light and realized that Zamasu was the apex of villainy.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun May 20, 2018 5:29 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Well, Jiren is better than Omega Shenron, for the simple fact that Jiren actually is a character.
Yeah, character with no personality that was sitting in place for 30 episodes.
Best villain ever.

And honestly Jiren had nothing except pure strength, while Omega had many powers like regeneration, elemental powers absorbing dragon balls and transferring his soul into other dragons bodies.

So sorry, but for me Jiren is much worse villain/antagonist (call it what you want).
For me, Jiren = Omega/Syn

Both had boring, bland & uninteresting designs & character. One had Superman-esque cloth nother had spikes outta exoskeleton. Wtf!!!

Jiren foamed his mouth bout trust, power

Omega vomitted bout "MIII...NASS...ENER..GIEEE..." (in Hidekatsu Shibata's voice)

Really?

How pathetic can you be as villain?

DBZ villains arent know for their philosphical motives, but at least had badass design & movesets

Jiren showed none while Omega used stolen tricks showed by 6 Dragons prior. Add to the fact both did not even "attempt" to use their brains to counter Goku & co's attacks

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun May 20, 2018 5:34 am

I feel like my idea of the brain-over-brawn villain works because it would be a good logical next step from Jiren, who was all brawn. It's a good idea to change up archetypes for the villains, even as far as having someone to fight. Looking back on the original series and even extending into GT, all the villains were just escalations of the previous one if you think about it. They were either stronger, or of higher status, or more durable. Piccolo Jr was stronger Piccolo, Vegeta was stronger and more evil Piccolo Jr, Freeza was Vegeta's stronger, more durable boss, Cell was stronger Freeza with a bunch of cheat powers like absorption, regeneration and technique-stealing, and Buu was Cell with a unique personality and all those cheat powers turned up to 11. And also stronger.

Super was a bit better about changing up the mold. Leaving aside characterisation, you had Beerus who was doing the "I'm so strong I can beat you with my eyes closed and one hand tied behind my back" schtick. You had Freeza, who was just there to grab his Lifetime Achievement trophy (gold-plated, naturally). Hit had a unique fighting style emphasising skill over raw power that Goku had to figure out. Black and Zamasu were a combination of swordsmanship, team attacks and eventually fusion, which made them a nice contrast to Trunks and Goku & Vegeta respectively. And finally Jiren was a straight-up juggernaut. Let's take all the "my number is the biggest so I no-sell everything" bullshit that represented DBZ at it's worst and pile it onto one guy.

So logically, a good villain would be one that differentiates itself from that. Someone focused more on leadership, science or magic would be good; again, think Commander Red, Dr Gero and Babidi respectively except actually meant to be taken seriously as a threat.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun May 20, 2018 5:36 am

Vijay wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Well, Jiren is better than Omega Shenron, for the simple fact that Jiren actually is a character.
Best villain ever.

And honestly Jiren had nothing except pure strength, while Omega had many powers like regeneration, elemental powers absorbing dragon balls and transferring his soul into other dragons bodies.

So sorry, but for me Jiren is much worse villain/antagonist (call it what you want).

Both had boring, bland & uninteresting designs & character. One had Superman-esque cloth nother had spikes outta exoskeleton. Wtf!!!

Omega vomitted bout "MIII...NASS...ENER..GIEEE..." (in Hidekatsu Shibata's voice)

Really?

DBZ villains arent know for their philosphical motives, but at least had badass design & movesets

Jiren showed none while Omega used stolen tricks showed by 6 Dragons prior. Add to the fact both did not even "attempt" to use their brains to counter Goku & co's attacks
Mate, you've already expressed your ideal villain is Broly. Don't you think its a tad hypocritical to be critiquing characters for being completely one note, generic and stupid(seriously, Shenron and Jiren look like absolute geniuses in comparison to Broly), when Broly is literally the epitome of one note, generic and stupid villains?

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun May 20, 2018 5:52 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Vijay wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Best villain ever.

Really?

Mate, you've already expressed your ideal villain is Broly. Don't you think its a tad hypocritical to be critiquing characters for being completely one note, generic and stupid(seriously, Shenron and Jiren look like absolute geniuses in comparison to Broly), when Broly is literally the epitome of one note, generic and stupid villains?
Guess you did not read my post completly

Here. I'll say it again. DBZ villains arent particularly known for their philosophical motives, but at least had badass design & movesets

Broly's "Kakarotto" sthick aside, what was his drive as villain really? NOTHING!

But I'll be damned if he did not strike fear into souls as Legendary Super Saiyan. His already tall & muscular body frame hypertrophied to the point of brutish- Hulk, greenish hair colour along with his eyes that became tinted green side-mirrors. Eerie as f***. Not even gonna start talkin bout his brutal & painfully looking WWE-esque movesets like Clotheslines, Bear Hug, Roundhouse kick, Grapple & smash...gosh!! Horrifying

I can say same bout Janemba. Excpt calling his name, the bloated Telletubies had zero motivation. Dat was before he became demonic monster. Sleek, slender & demonic-looking face would put Jiren & Omega/Syn to shame who had poker-face (dat ironically even Frieza took a jab at)

Bojack, Hirudergarn, Broly, Janemba all brought forth something special to the table as villain, barring their non-existant motivations. Dat exact "something" which Jiren & Omega failed

Curious bout ur "genius" Jiren & Omega portion. Care to elaborate more mate?

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Mon May 21, 2018 4:18 am

I want to see the resident devil of Hell. He has been training with the villains that Goku and the others sent there, before they went through reincarnation, and now he wants to challenge the Earth in Fortuneteller Baba's palace.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:53 pm

Vijay wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Best villain ever.

Really?

I disagree. For DB, its all in the execution. You know why DBGT fell flat? It had great ideas but horrible execution. You know why Super is more liked? It had fan-fiction-esc ideas with good to great execution. I’d be ok with a villain with a simple design. A black hooded or cloaked guy with some devious features is enough if the presentation is great. We dont want another Broly, Janemba, or any other mindless villain who’s only redeeming quality is his design.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:55 am

I've always liked the idea of a villain that has been sleeping for millions of years like Buu. However they are waiting for someone strong enough to challenge them and the huge ki output from whatever the latest battle Goku and co are in grabs this new villains attention from across the universe and awakens them.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat May 26, 2018 4:04 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Vijay wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Best villain ever.

Really?

I disagree. For DB, its all in the execution. You know why DBGT fell flat? It had great ideas but horrible execution. You know why Super is more liked? It had fan-fiction-esc ideas with good to great execution. I’d be ok with a villain with a simple design. A black hooded or cloaked guy with some devious features is enough if the presentation is great. We dont want another Broly, Janemba, or any other mindless villain who’s only redeeming quality is his design.
Executions can only do so much

MadHouse gave wonderful anime as HXH2011 that vastly improvises the manga with slick production value & epic music score

Its universally known MadHouse got a bombastic way of showcasing antagonists from insanely unthinkable angles

Still had pathetic baddies. Genthru, Meruem (for all intents & purposes dude was nothin was watered-down Cell×Frieza who was basically tanking machine) etc

BONES is known for their rich production values, character designs & their work on FMAB was splendid

Villains still sucked donkey balls. Pathetic guys like Envy, Lust,Gluttony & Sloth....goddamn...

Despite wonderful execution in terms of action choreography, dramatic & epic moments scattered generously throughout its 64 episode, FMAB genuinely bored the life outta me whenever these "baddiez" pop on screen

Wanna talk bout execution? Broly, Bojack, Janemba were baddies who would've sucked donkey balls on paper, but executed top-notch on-screen.

Like really...if you speak of black-hooded/cloaked...then TOEI might recycle & give you "Black" Garlic Jr cuz pretty darn sure he was the only guy who wore cloak kinda outfit in his dwarf form.

Its DB we're talkin about. Such hooded/cloacked guy would suit seinen that would rely more on brain than brawns. Somethin DB's been extinct since Cell Arc

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:35 am

Vijay wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Vijay wrote:

Really?

Executions can only do so much

MadHouse gave wonderful anime as HXH2011 that vastly improvises the manga with slick production value & epic music score

Its universally known MadHouse got a bombastic way of showcasing antagonists from insanely unthinkable angles

Still had pathetic baddies. Genthru, Meruem (for all intents & purposes dude was nothin was watered-down Cell×Frieza who was basically tanking machine) etc

BONES is known for their rich production values, character designs & their work on FMAB was splendid

Villains still sucked donkey balls. Pathetic guys like Envy, Lust,Gluttony & Sloth....goddamn...

Despite wonderful execution in terms of action choreography, dramatic & epic moments scattered generously throughout its 64 episode, FMAB genuinely bored the life outta me whenever these "baddiez" pop on screen

Wanna talk bout execution? Broly, Bojack, Janemba were baddies who would've sucked donkey balls on paper, but executed top-notch on-screen.

Like really...if you speak of black-hooded/cloaked...then TOEI might recycle & give you "Black" Garlic Jr cuz pretty darn sure he was the only guy who wore cloak kinda outfit in his dwarf form.

Its DB we're talkin about. Such hooded/cloacked guy would suit seinen that would rely more on brain than brawns. Somethin DB's been extinct since Cell Arc
I think you missed my point. I said execution of the character, not the action, or dramatic moments. And not once did i say brains over brawns. Why get a mindless villain who’s only trait is that he’s strong and has a simple or trash backstory or motive when you can get a clever, manupulative, actually smart villain that can hold his own when necessary?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 26, 2018 9:45 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:We dont want another Janemba, or any other mindless villain who’s only redeeming quality is his design.
I want. Janemba's lack of personality is made up for the quality of his design and awesome techniques. Of course, an intelligent Janemba would be better but if that weren't possible, I'm fine nonetheless. He's a character that brings uniqueness and cool stuff to the table, and that is all I ask for.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat May 26, 2018 9:50 am

Grimlock wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:We dont want another Janemba, or any other mindless villain who’s only redeeming quality is his design.
I want. Janemba's lack of personality is made up for the quality of his design and awesome techniques. Of course, an intelligent Janemba would be better but if that weren't possible, I'm fine nonetheless. He's a character that brings uniqueness and cool stuff to the table, and that is all I ask for.
Preferably, we want all of the above.

Personality, a great design, unique abilities, etc.