Dragonball DVDs with correct opening and ending animations?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gon Soku

Dragonball DVDs with correct opening and ending animations?

Post by Gon Soku » Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 am

I'd like to know if there are any subbed Dragonball DVDs out there that have all the variations of the openings and ending animations.

I'm thinking about getting the australian complete collection sets or the manga uk yellow sets. I understand both of those have better picture quality than Funimation's blue bricks but what about the OP/ED credits?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball DVDs with correct opening and ending animations?

Post by mute_proxy » Tue May 22, 2018 4:22 am

MangaUK yellow sets are identical to Funimation's Bluebricks

Gon Soku

Post by Gon Soku » Tue May 22, 2018 4:33 am

mute_proxy wrote:MangaUK yellow sets are identical to Funimation's Bluebricks
Oh, I read they were based on the madman australia sets including the skipping issue in episode 71 and the episode 83 dubtitles ...

Anyway, the more important issue for me are the opening and ending credits. I already have the series in various forms and now I want one as close to the original as possible, in a perfect world that would be Dragonbox footage with subs but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue May 22, 2018 4:53 am

Gon Soku wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:MangaUK yellow sets are identical to Funimation's Bluebricks
Oh, I read they were based on the madman australia sets including the skipping issue in episode 71 and the episode 83 dubtitles ...

Anyway, the more important issue for me are the opening and ending credits. I already have the series in various forms and now I want one as close to the original as possible, in a perfect world that would be Dragonbox footage with subs but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Yes you're right the Manga UK release is the same as the Madman Australian release and not Funimation's Blue Bricks.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue May 22, 2018 4:58 am

90sDBZ wrote: Yes you're right the Manga UK release is the same as the Madman Australian release and not Funimation's Blue Bricks.
Oh yeah, I was wrong, I thought they released DB and DBGT identical to funimation since Z is the same orange bricks

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:28 am

there is no english release having all opening ending variations , and next episode preview

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue May 22, 2018 6:37 am

mute_proxy wrote:
90sDBZ wrote: Yes you're right the Manga UK release is the same as the Madman Australian release and not Funimation's Blue Bricks.
Oh yeah, I was wrong, I thought they released DB and DBGT identical to funimation since Z is the same orange bricks
GT was also actually the same as the US release because Australia got the Z and GT bricks too but not the DB bricks for some reason, which is why Manga UK had to use the old saga sets for DB as they were the only PAL format release for that series.

Gon Soku

Post by Gon Soku » Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote:there is no english release having all opening ending variations , and next episode preview
That's too bad, I won't get any set then. Thanks for the answer.