Need Help: Dr. Slump characters in Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jpranevich
Beyond Newbie

Need Help: Dr. Slump characters in Dragon Ball

Post by jpranevich » Tue May 22, 2018 8:25 pm

I have been slowly compiling a list of character appearances in Dragon Ball, in part because I think it's sort of cool and in part because it forces me to pay attention to the filler episodes. I'm working my way slowly through "Z" now, but trying to go back and fix some problems in Dragon Ball. A key problem is that I do not know Dr. Slump so that I cannot properly document which Dr. Slump characters made cameos in the three DB episodes and Movie #3. (Yes, I know there are two more sets of cameo appearances in Super, but I'll get there eventually.) To get this list, I literally paused the video and searched the Dr. Slump wiki to find a character that matched. This is a terrible way to do it.

Can you help me to vet this list and see if I missed anyone or many any mistakes?

I think of these episodes as being distinct from the occasional easter eggs. I think there are Dr. Slump characters in the audience at one of the Tenkaichi Budokai events and there are hidden Arale and Toribot pictures here and there. I didn't track those. (Although I suppose the Slump characters in the audience could be "real" appearances... as much as that means anything.) On the bright side, if anyone ever is looking for a list of Dr. Slump cameos, you'd know where to push them...

Unfortunately, the forum doesn't let me make a table, so you can see the list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Episode 55:
  • Tsuruten Tsun
  • King Nikochan
  • Mr. Pig
  • Manure-Boy
  • Poop-Boy
  • Bird-Poop-Boy
  • Donbe
  • Arale
  • Gatchan #1 & #2
  • Nejishiki
  • Tsukutsun Tsun