What is your favorite gi for Son Goku?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: What is your favorite gi for Son Goku?

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu May 31, 2018 3:56 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
KBABZ wrote: I know right?? Gohan has no connection to that outfit, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to pick his dad's gi, even in the Buu arc.
Yeah, no connections... It's not like it's his father's...
For sure but he allegedly has more connection with Piccolo lol
That was not the point. In the post I replied to, the user said "Gohan has no connections to that outfit" which is completely false, so I corrected that. It's not about who he is more connected to (which for the record isn't necessairly Piccolo, since he showed that he admires both him and his father, without signs of favouritism between the two)
Get Fucked, C_unt

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu May 31, 2018 4:46 pm

He admires his father for sure but Goku isn't the one who trained him back when he was a crybaby lol

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu May 31, 2018 9:51 pm

While I'm not a "Goku's a terrible father and Piccolo's his real dad" guy, to me copying his dad's outfit still felt weird. I mean, he had plenty of respect for Goku after training with him for a year in the RoSaT, but he went for Piccolo for the Cell Games anyway. I can understand going without the shoulder pads since it wasn't really the time for that, but even his Wilderness outfit with the Ma symbol on it that Piccolo gave him would have tied the two father figures together nicely.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:03 am

KBABZ wrote:While I'm not a "Goku's a terrible father and Piccolo's his real dad" guy
Just for the record me neither lol
My issue is mainly like I said earlier:
PsionicWarrior wrote:It did make sense in the Buu arc but in Super it's visually redundant in mirror of Goku IMO lol

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:34 am

KBABZ wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote:^^Yeah I was super disappointed they gave Gohan the orange gi in the Super anime
I know right?? Gohan has no connection to that outfit, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to pick his dad's gi, even in the Buu arc.
Well he did already wear a gi like Goku's for part of his training with Piccolo in the Saiyan saga. Furthermore he wears it again in the Future timeline. And in Movie 9 if you want to count that. He obviously respects his father a lot so I don't see the problem with him wanting to honour him in battle.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:14 pm

1.GT Gi easily
2.End of Z gi
GT Fighter

Apslup
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Apslup » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:08 am

I like the Saiyan-Frieza saga Gi's since I like the Kanji that he wears of them (more specifically the "Go" one he wore to Namek which i was so happy to see return in Super and I also like the "Kame on the front and Kaio on the back" Gi)

Despite not many people liking it, I absolutely love Goku's GT Gi (I like most of the charterer designs from GT actually).

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Apslup wrote:I like the Saiyan-Frieza saga Gi's since I like the Kanji that he wears of them (more specifically the "Go" one he wore to Namek which i was so happy to see return in Super and I also like the "Kame on the front and Kaio on the back" Gi)

Despite not many people liking it, I absolutely love Goku's GT Gi (I like most of the charterer designs from GT actually).
hopefully Toriyama/Toei bring some GT character designs someday especially Gokus GT Gi i think it would fit perfectly with SSB
GT Fighter

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:40 pm

I like the white sash (belt?) on the EoZ gi, but the main problem with GT is the colors. The blue is okay but the pink wristbands look bad, and I've mentioned before the yellow pants are just ugly. I'd take the GT blue with maybe slightly darker pants, and the white band or maybe even a white undershirt. More reserved colors make sense for an older and wiser Goku, personally