Man of Steels fight scenes were inspired by DBZ

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Man of Steels fight scenes were inspired by DBZ

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:27 pm

ABED wrote:Based on what I saw, He partially destroyed a few buildings, but the city was mostly in tact. It wasn't even close to the damage caused to Metropolis. Goku convinced got him to leave before they did in fact destroy most if not all of the city.
There's an aerial shot as Gero is doing his thing showing that he's blowing up most of the island. It looks highly likely that a good chunk of the inhabitants got wiped out.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:38 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:There's an aerial shot as Gero is doing his thing showing that he's blowing up most of the island. It looks highly likely that a good chunk of the inhabitants got wiped out.
You mean this?

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:01 pm

And yet aren't the structures mostly standing? I always took that to be mostly smoke. It might help to look at a closer look after the blasts. Because based on that, the city would look like a damn crater, and I just don't recall THAT much damage.

I looked at the video and there's more damage than I remembered, but it still doesn't look like he destroyed most of the island. My point still stands that Gero followed Goku out of the city that was mostly still standing. Cell just agreed to leave everyone alone during the time between the Cell Games, so it doesn't matter that he was the one that chose the battleground. I mention that because I wasn't pointing out that the good guys choose the battlegrounds, I was saying Goku moves the fights away from populated areas. Hell, even though his friends were dead, Vegeta went along with Goku's plans to move the fight so it wouldn't destroy his friends' bodies. Freeza goes along with Nail's idea to move their fight elsewhere.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:49 am

I can see how the power and intensity could be like DBZ, but that's all.

DBZ had the action take place in wide open spaces, and utilized martial arts fights/techniques. MOS did not.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.