"Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan" & more coming to U.S. Theaters later this year!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bruma rabu
Regular

Re: "Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan" & more coming to U.S. Theaters later this year!

Post by Bruma rabu » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 am

Is Bardock special redubed?
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

DBGT101
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan" & more coming to U.S. Theaters later this year!

Post by DBGT101 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:27 am

No. The original English dub had a new audio mix done by Bang Zoom, Just like with Broly.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:03 am

DBGT101 wrote:No. The original English dub had a new audio mix done by Bang Zoom, Just like with Broly.
That weird, what did they change in this mix?

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Bruma rabu wrote:That weird, what did they change in this mix?
The Japanese music is comprised of higher quality versions of the tracks than in previous English dubbed audio mixes. Dub elements are mixed in such way that they make better use of surround sound, though I have to say that they could only take that so far with the Bardock special. The base recording quality and audio production was pretty bland on that one.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:39 am

The Double Feature grossed $540,707.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:29 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:The Double Feature grossed $540,707.
Less than Broly, but still quite good all things considered.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:11 pm

That isn't too bad. Unfortunetly I missed it in theaters, so I am currently watching the two this evening to make up for it. Might as well since I have the DVDs.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Kuwabara wrote:
Bruma rabu wrote:That weird, what did they change in this mix?
The Japanese music is comprised of higher quality versions of the tracks than in previous English dubbed audio mixes. Dub elements are mixed in such way that they make better use of surround sound, though I have to say that they could only take that so far with the Bardock special. The base recording quality and audio production was pretty bland on that one.
That's pretty cool although I would of perferd a re dub

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:28 pm

I find it interesting that the new Broly isn't all that bad.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:39 pm

Anyone got any box office predictions?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:41 pm

I wonder how this new Broly would look in SS2.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:44 am

Got my ticket, just sucks there are sub showings. To hear Nozawa on the big screen would be amazing.
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim